Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Questions regarding international admissions.
The UMPI website states that I need to provide my university transcripts but since I have a gpa of less than 1.75, I am thinking of not submitting my university transcripts. Would this be a good idea or will they somehow find out?

When is the deadline to do the Duolingo language test?

Does it cost money to transfer my sophia credits to UMPI?

Do I need to submit my high school transcripts together with my HS diploma?

Is my high school supposed to send my diploma and transcripts to WES or can I do it myself? And does it matter if it's electronic or physical copy?

Since I have a high school diploma and an IB diploma, is it ok for me to send just my High school Diploma? I am asking because the IB will cost me extra money for the evaluation and it will take longer.

Should I do WES document by document or course by course evaluation?

How long does WES usually take? The application deadline for documents is in 3 weeks. Will I be able to make it?

Also, should I pick the WES International Credential Advantage Package or is the basic enough?
Great questions, but you've not provided much info at all, it's going to be hard to answer your questions without knowing anything about you... No fear, the addendum and template is what you missed! It's best for you to provide an overall picture, so we know your scenario better, with that info, we can be more prepared in providing you an appropriate direction to take. Here's the addendum plus template, make sure to provide as much info as possible in your next reply. Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • kjhkjh2001
Question 
Your Location: Turkey
Your Age: 23
What kind of degree do you want?: Business Administration, Project Management & Information Systems

I am an aspiring UMPI YourPace student and I will be applying as an international student. I have a few questions regarding the application process.

Does UMPI YourPace require me to provide both my High School Diploma and transcripts or is Diploma enough? The reason I am asking this is because I graduated from an international high school abroad and I was provided with a graduation certificate with no transcripts and a separate IB Diploma which contains my grades. Since the IB takes a long time to send out my diploma and transcript to an evaluation service provider, I want to know If UMPI can accept my regular non-IB high school graduation certificate with no transcripts..

Will I still need to provide TOEFL results if my evaluated high school diploma and transcripts show that I studied in a high school where the curriculum is in English? If so, can I do Duolingo instead of TOEFL?

Does UMPI Yourpace require the WES evaluation of my high school Diploma and transcripts to be document by document or course by course? I’m asking because I heard that WES does not provide course by course evaluation for secondary studies.

Furthermore, if I buy the basic WES package instead of the “International Credential Advantage Package”, will WES send my evaluated diploma to UMPI or do you recommend me to buy the International Credential Advantage Package. This is not clear on the WES website and they don’t have a contact email for me to clear it up with them.

Does UMPI accept “International Education Evaluation” or ”CreditEval” as an alternative to WES?

Does UMPI require me to disclose my previous university attendance? I have attended a university abroad without graduating. but I have a gpa of less than the required 1.75, which is why I am deciding to not send in my university transcripts. Another reason is that I will have to pay extra $100-$200 for the WES evaluation. 
kjhkjh2001 Wrote:Hey. I previously posted a thread with questions regarding diploma submissions and you asked me to change the format. I have created a new thread with the correct format. I would really appreciate if you could answer some of the questions if you could. Thank you in advance.

Great questions, but as I mentioned earlier in my reply, you're missing the addendum, it's great to provide half the info, and ask questions, but it's better to provide extra details as I was asking for, I've merged the two threads and instead of replying to your PM, I'm updating this post...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Your Location: Turkey

Your Age: 23

What kind of degree do you want?: Business Administration, Project Management & Information Systems

Current Regional Accredited Credits: None

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: None

Any certifications or military experience? None

Budget: Around $10k  

Commitments: No job. Parents are willing to support me until I graduate.

Dedicated time to study: Since I have no job, I can study 15-16 hours a day... 120 hours a week.

Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal.  I would like to finish within 6 months

Tuition assistance/reimbursement: None

I am an aspiring UMPI YourPace student and I will be applying as an international student. I have a few questions regarding the application process.

Does UMPI YourPace require me to provide both my High School Diploma and transcripts or is Diploma enough? The reason I am asking this is because I graduated from an international high school abroad and I was provided with a graduation certificate with no transcripts and a separate IB Diploma which contains my grades. Since the IB takes a long time to send out my diploma and transcript to an evaluation service provider, I want to know If UMPI can accept my regular non-IB high school graduation certificate with no transcripts..

Will I still need to provide TOEFL results if my evaluated high school diploma and transcripts show that I studied in a high school where the curriculum is in English? If so, can I do Duolingo instead of TOEFL?

Does UMPI Yourpace require the WES evaluation of my high school Diploma and transcripts to be document by document or course by course? I’m asking because I heard that WES does not provide course by course evaluation for secondary studies.

Furthermore, if I buy the basic WES package instead of the “International Credential Advantage Package”, will WES send my evaluated diploma to UMPI or do you recommend me to buy the International Credential Advantage Package. This is not clear on the WES website and they don’t have a contact email for me to clear it up with them.

Does UMPI accept “International Education Evaluation” or ”CreditEval” as an alternative to WES?

Does UMPI require me to disclose my previous university attendance? I have attended a university abroad without graduating. but I have a gpa of less than the required 1.75, which is why I am deciding to not send in my university transcripts. Another reason is that I will have to pay extra $100-$200 for the WES evaluation. 
Many of your questions should be sent directly to the YourPace admissions staff. International students have different requirements. The YourPace staff will be able to help you best.

Admissions Office at umpi-admissions@maine.edu or by calling 207.768.9433
I find it very unlikely that they will insist on foreign transcripts or know about them if you don't tell them. That said, since admissions is not competitive, I don't see why you wouldn't submit them for whatever good they might do. Even if you only get a handful of transfer credits, those are credits you don't have pay for now. Also, submitting a college transcript will should make a high shool diploma unnecessary.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(03-12-2024, 02:02 PM)davewill Wrote: I find it very unlikely that they will insist on foreign transcripts or know about them if you don't tell them. That said, since admissions is not competitive, I don't see why you wouldn't submit them for whatever good they might do. Even if you only get a handful of transfer credits, those are credits you don't have pay for now. Also, submitting a college transcript will should make a high shool diploma unnecessary.

A college transcript does not waive the high school transcript requirement at UMPI.
"Furthermore, if I buy the basic WES package instead of the “International Credential Advantage Package”, will WES send my evaluated diploma to UMPI or do you recommend me to buy the International Credential Advantage Package. This is not clear on the WES website and they don’t have a contact email for me to clear it up with them."

IEE is acceptable.
Once you submit a transcript it will never go away. Your early poor achievement will become part of the record at UMPI. Any use of an UMPI transcript will tell of the existence of your previous schooling.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 7 274 Yesterday, 09:31 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
Question Transfer Credit Questions SierraAZ1395 10 560 10-10-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Admissions Drama HelenCook 11 1,040 08-17-2024, 11:25 AM
  chepeast options for international transcripts? Solden81 13 798 07-25-2024, 11:41 AM
Question UMPI Questions (upcoming student ) MuneebAzhar 18 1,360 07-17-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MuneebAzhar
  Advisor Assigned & Minor Questions colonelcamp 13 866 07-02-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Questions about BUS 240 Lorvey 0 261 06-05-2024, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Lorvey
  UMPI Questions SophiaPrincess 8 705 06-05-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: RJ77
Big Grin questions... Joellem 1 253 05-29-2024, 09:56 AM
  Help with UMPI admissions requirement Throwmeaway1590 2 628 03-25-2024, 08:24 PM