Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pierpont new residency requirement
To make it under the existing program and associated fees, you need to apply, submit all credits and apply for graduation ASAP. Deadline to have it all set is October 4th, otherwise the new residency requirements kick in.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
(08-21-2024, 05:17 PM)Bikingrox211 Wrote: Am I reading this correctly? $300 portfolio fee plus and additional $10 per credit hour acceptance fee? So if 60 credits are transferred in you are paying an additional $600?

https://catalog.pierpont.edu/preview_pro...turnto=401

No, you're not doing a portfolio, you're transferring your credits...

(08-21-2024, 05:33 PM)Hackingat40 Wrote: UWell I guess my question would be if I applied for graduation and paid my fees already am I grandfathered into the old $350 fee for December 13th graduation?

Yes, you'll be part of the $350 crowd!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Hackingat40
(08-19-2024, 11:49 AM)davewill Wrote: Pierpont requiring 12 Pierpont residency credits is not doable, however. I do find it interesting that it says, "The institution granting the degree may require the student to complete up to three credit hours at the host institution." That wording pretty clearly implies that Pierpont can't require more than three credits be completed at Pierpont for the BOG degree.

Someone should contact them and point this out, also mention that no other WV college requires more than 3 Residency credits.

I also believe there is still confusion in academia about the difference between RA credits, NA credits and ACE approved college equivalent credits.
(08-23-2024, 02:10 AM)Ares Wrote:
(08-19-2024, 11:49 AM)davewill Wrote: Pierpont requiring 12 Pierpont residency credits is not doable, however. I do find it interesting that it says, "The institution granting the degree may require the student to complete up to three credit hours at the host institution." That wording pretty clearly implies that Pierpont can't require more than three credits be completed at Pierpont for the BOG degree.

Someone should contact them and point this out, also mention that no other WV college requires more than 3 Residency credits.

I also believe there is still confusion in academia about the difference between RA credits, NA credits and ACE approved college equivalent credits.
Does anyone know the steps after all of your credits are added to your ROAR account?
Would I just be waiting for the school to reach out to me and tell me to apply for graduation or is that something that I need to reach out to them for?

I want to ensure that I’m not missing any steps to beat the new residency requirement
Thank you

It may not matter what other WV colleges require. Pierpont is working through some issues to keep their accreditation so this could impact the residency changes.
(08-23-2024, 08:00 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

It may not matter what other WV colleges require. Pierpont is working through some issues to keep their accreditation so this could impact the residency changes.

While this is true, the BOG program has specific requirements and the wording of those requirements is pretty clear. The person who recently updated Pierpont's BOG program requirements likely misread the BOG RA requirements (12 credits) with what may be required (3 residency credits) at the host institution (Pierpont).

BOARD OF GOVERNORS ASSOCIATE IN APPLIED SCIENCE DEGREE COMPLETION PROGRAM (PDF)

V. RESIDENCY
  • Students must complete a residency requirement of 12 credit hours (passing grades only) from regionally accredited higher education institution. Petition for exception to the residency requirement may be made to the Chief Academic Officer of the host institution.
  • Residency shall be defined as being registered for officially approved coursework which will satisfy the degree program graduation requirements. Credit awarded through extrainstitutional credit will not count toward the 12 credit hour residency requirement.
  • The institution granting the degree may require the student to complete up to three credit hours at the host institution.

It sounds like West Virginia Council for Community and Technical College Education were trying to make it clear the 12 RA requirements had to be completed at an RA school and just added confusion using the word "residency" when defining this. Not to mention I do not understand how you would receive 12 RA credits from an RA school without completing courses at that school.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ares's post:
  • davewill
That's correct, you just need 12 RA credits and at most 3 from Pierpont. But even with 3 credits at Pierpont, plus the $350 fees, it'll go up in price. This would still be a good deal for those who already have RA credits, and the cheapest or easiest way to get them would be at the community college through classes or through TECEPs for exams, going the TECEP option, you'll still need the 3 credits at Pierpont to get 'graded' credits.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I think it is important that everyone keep in mind that the school is just starting their fall session (the busiest term of the year) and the staff's priority will be those who are attending onsite and paying tuition at this time. It is not uncommon for the application and evaluation of any college or university to take many weeks. I'm sure that from people on this forum alone all trying to get in before the new residency requirement kicks in has the BOG AAS staff overwhelmed right now. Follow the process as listed on this forum's wiki and give it some time. People who post here sometimes forget that there are also people who never post (just read the forum) and are also doing the work, applying for the same degrees, and now likely all at the same time. This doesn't even include any traditional students who may be utilizing this same path to an associates degree.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • mr_peanutbutter, ss20ts
(08-21-2024, 05:49 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: To make it under the existing program and associated fees, you need to apply, submit all credits and apply for graduation ASAP. Deadline to have it all set is October 4th, otherwise the new residency requirements kick in.
Do you think if I have everything sent in by September 9th, I would be okay since it’s before the October deadline or would it need to be processed? (Asking for my daughter)
(08-28-2024, 05:43 PM)theredwallflower Wrote:
(08-21-2024, 05:49 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: To make it under the existing program and associated fees, you need to apply, submit all credits and apply for graduation ASAP. Deadline to have it all set is October 4th, otherwise the new residency requirements kick in.
Do you think if I have everything sent in by September 9th, I would be okay since it’s before the October deadline or would it need to be processed? (Asking for my daughter)
I don't think anyone here knows. The language in the catalog indicates that if you have applied and been accepted by the October deadline, you should be grandfathered in. But I didn't write it so I can't guarantee that's what it means.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wow's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont BOG Associates - speedrun before residency changes millionwords 26 1,426 Yesterday, 08:33 PM
Last Post: FeFe_Fiona
  Pierpont Contacts - Please Do Not Spam Them tensen 20 5,454 Yesterday, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Bermy18
  Pierpont is still processing BOGs! lvl0rg4n 3 157 09-16-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont BOG requirement / register before 10/4/24 Jkjy 29 1,864 09-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: delvin
  Pierpont BOG Progress AirborneAgent 10 1,220 09-15-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 20 3,682 09-13-2024, 08:25 PM
  Rest in peace, Pierpont BOG AAS? Robson 10 901 09-13-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Pierpont BOG inkwell 2 223 09-12-2024, 08:24 PM
  Pierpont BOG / 1 credit needed intheprocess 7 529 09-09-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: DThomas
  new here applied to Pierpont and Umpi doctorTorres 24 1,505 09-04-2024, 01:12 AM
Last Post: doctorTorres