Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS Transfer Warning
Hi guys,

I wanted to let people know that if you're applying to Pierpont for their BOG AAS degree and you've attended other colleges or universities in the past, they'll ask for final official transcripts from all of them, I'm guessing to verify that no degree was awarded. However, if you're currently attending a specific college that they're asking for final official transcripts, they'll let you know that they can't evaluate it until you finish classes there and they appear on your official transcript. This means that you'll have to send in transcripts again when the grades get posted.

I just wanted to let you guys know in case you were in a similar situation as me in that I never completed my Associate's degree but already had the credits to get one and was just taking a class to complete the requirements for a Bachelor's degree (TESU in my case) and now I have to wait until my local college posts my grades on my transcripts before I can send them over to Pierpont to get it evaluated and finally get my BOG AAS degree. In other words, I'm saving you whatever amount of money to send transcripts and some wasted time.
[-] The following 2 users Like mariobros1985's post:
  • DolceDolce, origamishuttle
This is pretty universal at all colleges and universities. Thye may not ask until it's time to graduate, but they will require all of your transcripts.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • ss20ts
That's right, most institutions are like that, they want to make sure you've got all your transcripts evaluated and the credits populated in your record before going to the next step. For most people, it's a waiting game as some institutions are still stuck at the paper/snail mail route. Hopefully in the future, it's all seamless, or at least more seamless...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I don't know if something changed but I attended one school who has my transcript locked due to "having a balance". They didn't ask for it though. I know WVU@P asked for it when I was trying to get the BOG from them, but Peirpont Didn't. So it could mean that they changed the rules last May 2022. UMPI, EU, and WGU asked for it though when I applied to them, I explained the situation and they let me move on without it. Maybe see if you can explain why you don't want to provide it and if that helps.
Pierpont Community and Technical College - BOG A.A.S. Spring 2022 
University of Maine at Presque Isle - BLS with a Concentration in Management (In Progress)
Course Breakdown: Local Technical College: 21 Credits, Sophia Learning: 73 CreditsStudy.com: In Progress, UMPI: In Progress
I want to say thank you to EVERYONE for their assistance. You all are awesome!
(06-03-2023, 05:17 AM)learningthehardway Wrote: I don't know if something changed but I attended one school who has my transcript locked due to "having a balance". They didn't ask for it though. I know WVU@P asked for it when I was trying to get the BOG from them, but Peirpont Didn't. So it could mean that they changed the rules last May 2022. UMPI, EU, and WGU asked for it though when I applied to them, I explained the situation and they let me move on without it. Maybe see if you can explain why you don't want to provide it and if that helps.

For those not familiar with what happened in 2022 that learningthehardway mentioned above - https://www.studentloanborrowerassistanc...thholding/
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(06-03-2023, 07:16 AM)allvia Wrote:
(06-03-2023, 05:17 AM)learningthehardway Wrote: I don't know if something changed but I attended one school who has my transcript locked due to "having a balance". They didn't ask for it though. I know WVU@P asked for it when I was trying to get the BOG from them, but Peirpont Didn't. So it could mean that they changed the rules last May 2022. UMPI, EU, and WGU asked for it though when I applied to them, I explained the situation and they let me move on without it. Maybe see if you can explain why you don't want to provide it and if that helps.

For those not familiar with what happened in 2022 that learningthehardway mentioned above - https://www.studentloanborrowerassistanc...thholding/

And it bugs me because the last time I went to school there was in 2005 and the thing is, I was paid up. They say I owe money but they can't tell me WHY I owe money. They sent it to collections and deleted the "record" because it was so long ago. The collection agency is like "Oh yeah, they don't tell us why you oh, just that you owe". So I owe money from a school I went to in 2005, that was paid in full for my semester there and no one knows why. lol
Pierpont Community and Technical College - BOG A.A.S. Spring 2022 
University of Maine at Presque Isle - BLS with a Concentration in Management (In Progress)
Course Breakdown: Local Technical College: 21 Credits, Sophia Learning: 73 CreditsStudy.com: In Progress, UMPI: In Progress
I want to say thank you to EVERYONE for their assistance. You all are awesome!
How much? Could it be a parking or library fine? Anything under $50 or so and you might just want to pay. Your other choice is to appeal to a higher authority at the school and see if you can get the debt wiped or at least your transcript released.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 384 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 3 166 03-26-2024, 05:38 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 10 360 03-25-2024, 08:37 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 548 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 2 548 03-14-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: JohnJ2024
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 823 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,470 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,211 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Questions - Pierpont Apply Now? Chimera 8 882 02-22-2024, 01:49 AM
  Sophia to Pierpont The need 2 learn 17 2,229 02-20-2024, 02:25 PM