Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OnlineDegree.com Is Finally Open
Ok, so I'm 40% of the way through Astronomy on here and I'm absolutely loving the material, but beyond the aforementioned platform annoyances of having to have the page open for X amount of time (which is usually longer than the time it takes for me to watch the whole video, since I watch most things on double speed), I'm really, really annoyed by the fact that you can't review your incorrect answers on the quizzes. There have been a couple where I was CERTAIN I would get 100% and lo and behold, I got 6/7 and I really would like to know what I missed.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • mudball
Good news from OD: I was casually chatting with them when they asked what school I'm planning to attend(I told them thomas edison state university):
OD: Wonderful! We're working out a formal articulation with them right now.
ME: THAT'S AWESOME! I was actually going to write you a letter recommending that!
OD: In the works!
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 5 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • cookderosa, harrypotter, Muldoon, Murdockb, mysonx3
(09-17-2018, 12:54 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Good news from OD: I was casually chatting with them when they asked what school I'm planning to attend(I told them thomas edison state university):
OD: Wonderful! We're working out a formal articulation with them right now.
ME: THAT'S AWESOME! I was actually going to write you a letter recommending that!
OD: In the works!

Nice!
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I sent a transcript request to Onlinedegree to get my class sent to TESU, I choose the free way. I took the class on August 9th and received notification that I passed. Well today I just received this email from onlinedegree
" We did receive your transcript request, but it's held up since the proctor company that monitored your final hasnt been able to review your performance yet. Normally when students take their final exam with RPNow, the recording is immediately uploaded to their servers for review when you finish the exam. we can review there was no cheating, we can release the transcript. your case though, something happened and it wasn't able to upload correctly (internet could have been down, etc.) I believe they reached out to you to coordinate a time to retrieve the video from your computer. We need to have this before releasing the transcript. Can you reply to them to coordinate. Should be quick, they are able to get the file from your computer."
Does this seem odd to anyone else? RPNow has not reached out to me at all since I took the test.
(09-17-2018, 02:50 PM)tobyisking Wrote: I sent a transcript request to Onlinedegree to get my class sent to TESU, I choose the free way. I took the class on August 9th and received notification that I passed. Well today I just received this email from onlinedegree
" We did receive your transcript request, but it's held up since the proctor company that monitored your final hasnt been able to review your performance yet. Normally when students take their final exam with RPNow, the recording is immediately uploaded to their servers for review when you finish the exam. we can review there was no cheating, we can release the transcript. your case though, something happened and it wasn't able to upload correctly (internet could have been down, etc.) I believe they reached out to you to coordinate a time to retrieve the video from your computer. We need to have this before releasing the transcript. Can you reply to them to coordinate. Should be quick, they are able to get the file from your computer."
Does this seem odd to anyone else? RPNow has not reached out to me at all since I took the test.

That is very strange and worrisome.

Maybe they sent you an email but it went to spam?

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
(09-17-2018, 02:52 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 02:50 PM)tobyisking Wrote: I sent a transcript request to Onlinedegree to get my class sent to TESU, I choose the free way. I took the class on August 9th and received notification that I passed. Well today I just received this email from onlinedegree

That is very strange and worrisome.

Maybe they sent you an email but it went to spam?

I searched all of my mailboxes, I might reach out to RPNow directly and see if they know what is going on.

Wow, I've never heard of anything like that happening. Plus, if you took it on August 9th, there is no guarantee that the file would still be on your PC. Doubly so if you've taken any other exams since then. I'd look into that ASAP though, otherwise you'll have to re-take the exam.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
@Merlin, I actually offered to retake the final as that seemed easier to me than having someone take a file off my computer. The lady I was talking to said that was not an option. She said that this is a normal practice for RPNow.
(09-17-2018, 02:57 PM)tobyisking Wrote: @Merlin, I actually offered to retake the final as that seemed easier to me than having someone take a file off my computer. The lady I was talking to said that was not an option. She said that this is a normal practice for RPNow.

Well, the RPnow customer support folks are pretty easy to work with. I'd call in and explain what you were told by Online Degree and see what they say. If they confirm, I'd want to know why you are just now finding out about it. I'd think somebody would have reached out to you when the issue was first discovered.

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
(09-17-2018, 02:57 PM)tobyisking Wrote: @Merlin, I actually offered to retake the final as that seemed easier to me than having someone take a file off my computer. The lady I was talking to said that was not an option. She said that this is a normal practice for RPNow.

When I took proctored finals through SDC, I believe it stated that I need to leave the browser open for up to 15 minutes to ensure the file gets uploaded properly. OD provides no such warning. So maybe if you closed out too soon after finishing, it wasn't able to upload the whole file? I wish it would give some kind of confirmation when it was done.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 358 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,414 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  SL Business Statistics - is the final open-book? AW84 5 650 02-21-2023, 12:49 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  OnlineDegree.com final exam vs quizzes jsd 7 1,534 04-26-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  OnlineDegree cosmetic update rachel83az 4 933 01-09-2022, 07:25 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  onlinedegree.com transcripts not showing up? studyingfortests 6 1,019 10-31-2021, 06:59 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  COS 101 Onlinedegree.com cizzie 3 961 10-19-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: cizzie
  onlinedegree.com course difficulty/completion times? studyingfortests 4 1,295 07-10-2021, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  onlinedegree.com ?? TINASAM 4 994 03-03-2021, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  onlinedegree.com Cosmology carebear_007 2 802 02-18-2021, 01:20 PM
Last Post: carebear_007