Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree
(06-25-2023, 11:57 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @cvalor, take your time to review what's already been said.  Suggestions are all valid, including the one I mentioned in post #10.  You can take your time with the cheapies/freebies and then work towards the end goal after you've got the 90 credits.  You can decide on the BLS MIS or other minors I mentioned, but if you're not planning to go towards a Masters later on, the BABA Management and Leadership or the Project Management & Info Systems might be better options.

Yes, these are some fantastic recommendations.

I came across the Bachelors of Applied Science at UMPI that seems to be interesting.

Would they take directly AAS BOG from Pierpoint that was a bunch of Saylor, Coursera, and Online Degree even if the courses individually would not be accepted for credit at UMPI?

I would take a number of RA ts credits from a local college that are hands-on and unavailble from alternative sources such as electronics or manufacturing.

Sophia at $99 a month just is not an option unfortunately and I am going to have to spend more time on very cheap but longer courses from Saylor and OnlineDegree or coursera.
(07-02-2023, 07:20 PM)cvalor Wrote: I came across the Bachelors of Applied Science at UMPI that seems to be interesting.

Would they take directly AAS BOG from Pierpoint that was a bunch of Saylor, Coursera, and Online Degree even if the courses individually would not be accepted for credit at UMPI?

No. They might accept it as an AAS, but if the individual courses are not accepted then they're not accepted - even if they're on a Pierpont transcript. That said, UMPI has (so far) accepted almost all ACE credit that we know of. Maybe only as electives, but they've been accepted. (The ones we know that were not accepted were remedial-type courses that UMPI doesn't consider to be university-level.) But OnlineDegree is NCCRS, not ACE, and I don't see it listed in the transfer database. They might accept it, but it looks like they probably will not. I would not waste money and time on OnlineDegree if you want to go to UMPI.

(07-02-2023, 07:20 PM)cvalor Wrote: I would take a number of RA ts credits from a local college that are hands-on and unavailble from alternative sources such as electronics or manufacturing.

Unless these actually interest you, I probably wouldn't bother. Taking them doesn't guarantee that you'd be able to get a BAS at UMPI.

(07-02-2023, 07:20 PM)cvalor Wrote: Sophia at $99 a month just is not an option unfortunately and I am going to have to spend more time on very cheap but longer courses from Saylor and OnlineDegree or coursera.

Just so long as you're aware that not even doing one month at Sophia and taking the foreign language and science classes at Sophia is going to make UMPI significantly more difficult. People without mental health issues who were unaware of the difficulty have almost quit UMPI once they encountered the science/foreign language classes. The classes are not easy and the teachers are not super helpful. The language teacher seems particularly irrational.

To get a Pierpont BOG AAS and have the highest chance of being able to pursue a BAS from UMPI, you would only need 5 Saylor courses. I would suggest the following:
  • 3 credits of communication - BUS210: Corporate Communication OR COMM001: Principles of Human Communication
  • 6 credits math/science - BIO101: Introduction to Molecular and Cellular Biology AND PHYS101: Introduction to Mechanics (feel free to take Statistics instead if you think you can pass)
  • 3 credits of social sciences - SOC101: Introduction to Sociology OR PSYCH101: Introduction to Psychology OR PHIL103: Moral & Political Philosophy
  • 3 credits of computer literacy - CS101: Introduction to Computer Science I OR BUS206: Management Information Systems

Then take either the $25 ASU class or a 3-credit local class to cover Pierpont's graded credit requirement. Now finish with the following FREE courses:

All TEEX Cybersecurity courses. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit - should be 13 credits when all taken together
FREE Coursera certificates through TADA https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera
  • Google Data Analytics - 12 credits
  • Google IT Professional - 15 credits
  • Google UX Design - 10 credits
  • Cybersecurity Analyst Professional - 10 credits
  • If your work program will pay for full access to Coursera (some do), also take AWIT Real-World Cloud Product Management Specialization and IBM Data Analysis & Visualization Foundations Specialization, if available.

Yes, the Pierpont degree will wind up with more than 60 credits. But this gives you the greatest chance of being able to pursue the BAS rather than BLS at UMPI. There is still no guarantee that you'll get accepted either way. You might still be required to join the BLS program instead of being allowed to obtain a BAS.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • kai1120

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 455 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,396 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,609 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Saylor BIO101 Notes Request axelblaze77 5 584 08-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  American Dream Alumni Academy? acethroughcollege 18 4,421 07-10-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Saylor Vent Lima845 4 894 06-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,196 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Davar Academy Preview? Carnation 3 838 01-01-2023, 02:40 PM
  Study resources for Saylor courses Personherebb9 0 765 12-05-2022, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Personherebb9
  Easiest ACE accredited courses on Saylor cfoster 5 1,417 11-15-2022, 07:50 PM