Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL Business Statistics - is the final open-book?
I took a few courses at SL early on and all the finals were open book...anyone know if business statistics is, or is not? The syllabus that I can view as a non-member doesn't say anything about what's allowed on the final.

Related question: how long are the quizzes and mid-term, and are they timed?
You can see which exams are open book, or not, here: https://www.straighterline.com/how-it-wo...g-details/ Business Stats is open book.

Depending on which school you want to transfer the class to, I would strongly suggest Sophia Stats over SL.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Most of the StraighterLine business courses are open book, the general studies courses for some are not. In regards to the quizz/mid term, they are all timed and open book as well. Just like Sophia.org/Study.com courses, I usually have a second monitor attached to my laptop to review the content and go through the course. The only time I remove that second monitor is when the proctored final occurs for SL/Study.com
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-20-2023, 04:02 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You can see which exams are open book, or not, here: https://www.straighterline.com/how-it-wo...g-details/ Business Stats is open book.

Depending on which school you want to transfer the class to, I would strongly suggest Sophia Stats over SL.

WGU.

IIRC, Sophia has only a final exam, and is proctored. Is it open book?

Nice thing about SL is the way the course grading system is done, if you ace all of the quizzes, you only need 10 points on the final exam. This stats course is really the one and only class I'm concerned with the rest of the way to my degree, so I'm looking for the easiest path to check it off.
Sophia Stats has Challenges (quizzes) and Milestones (exams). It's completely open book. Not proctored.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Keep in mind that Sophia's Intro to Stats is not Business Stats, and if Business Stats is a requirement, then you'll need to take it elsewhere (SL, Study.com, or Saylor).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 454 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 362 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 360 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,949 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  Sophia - New Business Ethics Course lumina 14 3,198 10-25-2023, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Sherwood
  Did my first ever final exam on Study.com. Realized Google Chrome was still minimized Tyranova 2 822 08-13-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Tyranova
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,444 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia final milestone ID verification Jwheels27 30 4,707 07-11-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: imnvs
  study.com Final Exam Review Leo Wu 4 734 05-30-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Study.com final exams lidel 15 3,349 05-23-2023, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Pats20