Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU)
(09-06-2023, 01:24 PM)Flelm Wrote: Unfortunately I had to take some time away from everything due to family issues. I withdrew from my 4th class (BUS513, Business, Policy, and the International Economy) and skipped the Spring semester. I signed back up for classes in Summer (BUS528, Managerial Finance) and now Fall (BUS527HR, Strategic Human Resource Management, in Fall 1, BUS6109, Accounting for Decision Making, for Fall 2).

BUS528 - Managerial Finance: The professor used the textbook's website (Cengage) for all assignments. Homework weekly, 30 question midterm, 30 question final. I had a tough time with this class. I could do the math no problem but I had a hard time translating questions to formulas. That's a me problem though. The annoying part about the homework was you got 3 attempts, but rather than best of 3 it was average of 3. So if you got one question wrong on a problem set on attempt 1, got them all right on attempt 2, you still needed to do attempt 3 to get your score up. The one saving grace for me is the professor extended the timeline for the course from 7 weeks to 14 weeks. This was for everyone, not just for me.

BUS527HR - Strategic Human Resource Management: Just starting this one. Lots of group work and PowerPoint presentations (2/week, but 3-4 slides each it looks like), including video recordings of the presentations. A midterm paper and a final paper, about 10-15 pages each. Too early to give more feedback.

I have a family member that just completed this MBA (July 2023).  There are two courses that use the Cengage platform, the BUS528 and another required accounting accounting course (I don't know the course number, probably the BUS6109 Accounting for Decision Making), same professor I believe. I have been informed that it was common for students to opt for the 14 week version vs the 7 week one. My family member managed to get through the 7 weeks, but only because they were taking one course at a time, and happened to have a huge amount of time to dedicate to it. They managed a 'B' (maybe even B-) and considered themselves lucky; sometimes you just gotta take the pass and move on. It was one of those courses where you figure your overall GPA will work itself out in the end (and it did). However, I do recall they were not pleasant to be around during the course(s)  Big Grin  These were the only two courses that they questioned their decision to even get a MBA, but they're glad they did now (rewarded with a promotion and raise upon it's completion) . I'm sure you'll be glad too - and not just because it's over!  Thanks for the update.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

The finance course was tough but manageable just needed to study and do the practice assignments rather than just jumping into the graded assignments. I got an A in that course but it was really tough for someone who has taken only one accounting and one finance class in the past.
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
(09-07-2023, 12:00 PM)newdegree Wrote: The finance course was tough but manageable just needed to study and do the practice assignments rather than just jumping into the graded assignments. I got an A in that course but it was really tough for someone who has taken only one accounting and one finance class in the past.

Good for you, and your advice is solid.  My family member had taken zero accounting/finance courses prior (their bachelor was not even remotely in business - which is what motivated their 'need' of a MBA). That is one drawback from the 7 week course schedule (imo), one can develop a sense of urgency to work quick and move through it.  As you've pointed out, even in a 'quick' course, sometimes you just need to pause and take it one step at a time.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • MFG
Good news...

Hellenic American College/Hellenic American University still doing $3000 MBA program.

This info was in response to a direct query. I was also directed here:

https://www.hauniv.edu/masters-business-...evelopment

Can anyone give a more recent course list/experience with their evaluation of the class/format/assignments/difficulty etc.?

is there a way to 'power through' classes as reported with WGU?

Thanks!
Ongoing:
MBA/MA Philosophy.
University of Mary, North Dakota.2024-

MLS Public Administration.
Interdisciplinary Liberal and Political Science Studies.
Fort Hays State University, Kansas. 2025-

Completed:
BA. Business, Economics, Education Studies, Psychology. 
Minors in Philosophy/History, Mathematics/Natural Sciences. 
USNY Regents College (now Excelsior University), New York. 1979, revalidated 1988.

Self-Development:
Associate Arts/Sciences-level studies. Philosophy, Government, Sociology, Computers. 
St. Petersburg College, Florida. 2013-2019.
(01-22-2024, 05:57 PM)MFG Wrote: Good news...

Hellenic American College/Hellenic American University still doing $3000 MBA program.

Can anyone give a recent course list with their evaluation of the class/format/assignments etc.?

is there a way to 'power through' classes as reported with WGU?

Thanks!

Here's a recent course list with detailed descriptions;

https://hauniv.edu/masters-in-business-administration

If you work directly with Dean Martin, she will let you do multiple courses at a time as long as you are not dropping any balls. I know a person who did three per session with no problems. I did two at a time a couple of times, and it was totally doable. 10-20 hours per week per course, I would say. There's a fair bit of reading. 

The class format is generally pretty open. You get all the assignments and materials for most of the classes on day one. Much of it you can complete at your own pace, but the courses will still not be marked and over until the end of the seven weeks. Several courses had group work and weekly assignments, which restricted things a bit. 

You will need to purchase a few textbooks and a fair number of case studies, but generally, there are not too many additional costs. 

Everyone is responsive and easy to work with. 

If you have specific questions, let me know.

Best of luck in your journey.

S
[-] The following 3 users Like lidel's post:
  • Darknigh7, jch, MFG
What is the contact email for this program? I can't seem to find it on the website.
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
(02-25-2024, 06:12 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: What is the contact email for this program? I can't seem to find it on the website.

You can make an inquiry on their page or you can email mmartin@hauniv.edu
To submit transcripts if you decide to apply, the address is admissions@hauniv.edu
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • mohelena02
(02-25-2024, 06:20 PM)jg_nuy Wrote:
(02-25-2024, 06:12 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: What is the contact email for this program? I can't seem to find it on the website.

You can make an inquiry on their page or you can email mmartin@hauniv.edu
To submit transcripts if you decide to apply, the address is admissions@hauniv.edu

Thank you so much!
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
@mohelena02, Is this for you or your brother? That email is to the program director, she's a very nice individual, I've had an email conversation with her before... Anyways, it's a very good program for just $3K if they're still having that sale going on! Otherwise, if competency based degree offerings are what you're looking at, you know, the ones we recommend would be best. Here's a list: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...d_Programs
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
This may have already been answered, but could not find it in the comments... Is this MBA totally asynchronous, or does it require logging in at specific times for live web chats (zoom, go to meeting, Microsoft teams etc cetera). I work a rotating shift as a paramedic, I work 24 hours shifts on different days each week, so I never have the same days off. Because of this I can only do a fully asynchronous program. . . Thanks for the help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,234 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Walden University CJ Master's dm.hans32 1 194 09-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Your experience at California Coast University? Interested in $21k doctorate. effexbiz 32 1,698 09-01-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Heartstrings
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 30 4,377 08-22-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: klone
  American College of Education - Master's ashkir 21 2,648 08-03-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  IEU Universidad: another online Mexican university Avidreader 0 343 08-02-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Wilmington University MSCS Jonathan Whatley 3 507 07-17-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Global Business University Atoshi 3 530 07-01-2024, 12:18 PM
  University of West Georgia - MS Applied Business Analytics smartdegree 6 867 07-01-2024, 11:42 AM
  O.P.Jindal Global University UpGrad MBA David1477 9 1,516 06-25-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: onlinelearning