Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU)
(09-09-2022, 11:01 AM)cerich67 Wrote:
(09-09-2022, 10:10 AM)newdegree Wrote: Did anyone that graduated get their diploma yet? I am curious about what size the diploma is as I wanted to order a custom frame as I await.

8.5"x11"

Thank you I thought it would be bigger
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
Just curious, someone inquired, is the tuition still available at $3K USD?
I checked their site again, there no longer is a "date" as it previously did...
Link: Get an Affordable MBA Your Way – Hellenic American University (hauniv.edu)
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You can email the dean and they will let you know. Some people got in the program in June/July doesn’t hurt to ask.
Degrees In Progress:
Completed Degrees:
(09-16-2022, 08:02 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just curious, someone inquired, is the tuition still available at $3K USD?
Link: Get an Affordable MBA Your Way – Hellenic American University (hauniv.edu)

Looks live to me.  If anything that page confirms it more than the previous pages that weren't updated with new dates.
(09-16-2022, 10:40 PM)utility Wrote:
(09-16-2022, 08:02 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just curious, someone inquired, is the tuition still available at $3K USD?

Looks live to me.  If anything that page confirms it more than the previous pages that weren't updated with new dates.
I agree
Just giving a quick update on my journey. 3 courses down, in the middle of my 4th. My opinion on the school and program hasn't changed: It's a great school for a check the box degree. You will get out of it what you put into it. The admin side is not as automated (not at all automated) as a larger school, but they're relatively responsive to questions and other requests, you just need to ask proactively to get anything, generally. I've received an A in all courses so far.

Summary of the courses (in my opinion!):
BUS526 - Marketing Management - Not a ton of new information compared to an intro to marketing class, but the projects involved a lot more critical thinking and real-world application. Weekly discussion posts, 5x powerpoint presentations focusing on a specific company (chosen by the students) covering different aspects of marketing planning. This was done in groups, I'm not sure if that was due to the amount of students or if that's a standard practice.
BUS511 - The Business Landscape - This felt like a refresher of the TESU BSBA capstone. Weekly posts and a final large case study.
BUS6110 - Operations Research - Biggest time commitment so far for me. The coursework includes quizzes, posts, and projects. The quizzes are mostly on probability, the posts are standard discussion posts, and the projects were statistical analysis. 4 projects total, 2 solo and 2 group. The first solo and both group projects weren't too bad, but the final solo project takes a lot of critical thinking and time budgeted.

I'm in the middle of BUS513, Business, Policy, and the International Economy, right now. There are no weekly discussions, only 2 assignments for the course. Like the Marketing course, it seems to be a combination of Micro/Macro economics, but more critical thinking and application to the real world than I got in the bachelor-level courses.

As of right now, I'm on track to finish up in the back half of 2024 (I'm not going to try to get any courses waived, and I'm not going to double up at any point). I'm happy with my decision to go with HAU.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 7 users Like Flelm's post:
  • bmac66, cerich67, Darknigh7, KSoul, origamishuttle, ss20ts, Vle045
Great update. Thanks !
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pats20's post:
  • Vle045
Finally came in the mail , got Cum Laude honors. Waiting since July.

Attached Files
.jpeg   D3806068-4E65-404A-BF9A-259F8337B262.jpeg (Size: 90.22 KB / Downloads: 102)
Degrees In Progress:
Completed Degrees:
[-] The following 8 users Like newdegree's post:
  • allvia, cerich67, Darknigh7, JPN, KSoul, rachel83az, smartdegree, Vle045
(12-24-2022, 07:27 PM)newdegree Wrote: Finally came in the mail , got Cum Laude honors. Waiting since July.

So cool. Congratulations!
Unfortunately I had to take some time away from everything due to family issues. I withdrew from my 4th class (BUS513, Business, Policy, and the International Economy) and skipped the Spring semester. I signed back up for classes in Summer (BUS528, Managerial Finance) and now Fall (BUS527HR, Strategic Human Resource Management, in Fall 1, BUS6109, Accounting for Decision Making, for Fall 2).

BUS528 - Managerial Finance: The professor used the textbook's website (Cengage) for all assignments. Homework weekly, 30 question midterm, 30 question final. I had a tough time with this class. I could do the math no problem but I had a hard time translating questions to formulas. That's a me problem though. The annoying part about the homework was you got 3 attempts, but rather than best of 3 it was average of 3. So if you got one question wrong on a problem set on attempt 1, got them all right on attempt 2, you still needed to do attempt 3 to get your score up. The one saving grace for me is the professor extended the timeline for the course from 7 weeks to 14 weeks. This was for everyone, not just for me.

BUS527HR - Strategic Human Resource Management: Just starting this one. Lots of group work and PowerPoint presentations (2/week, but 3-4 slides each it looks like), including video recordings of the presentations. A midterm paper and a final paper, about 10-15 pages each. Too early to give more feedback.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • Darknigh7

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,297 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Walden University CJ Master's dm.hans32 1 199 09-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Your experience at California Coast University? Interested in $21k doctorate. effexbiz 32 1,732 09-01-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Heartstrings
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 30 4,413 08-22-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: klone
  American College of Education - Master's ashkir 21 2,675 08-03-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  IEU Universidad: another online Mexican university Avidreader 0 349 08-02-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Wilmington University MSCS Jonathan Whatley 3 513 07-17-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Global Business University Atoshi 3 536 07-01-2024, 12:18 PM
  University of West Georgia - MS Applied Business Analytics smartdegree 6 872 07-01-2024, 11:42 AM
  O.P.Jindal Global University UpGrad MBA David1477 9 1,533 06-25-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: onlinelearning