Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU)
(08-07-2022, 04:31 PM)Pats20 Wrote: epe

The website says :

Students take the required courses one at a time, but in an intensive fashion. Upon completing one course, they continue with the next one in the series.

The program can accommodate both resident students and working professionals and be completed in less than two years.

This is prolly a stupid question but How does this happen with 36 credits and only 5 terms per year ?

I believe what is written on the website should say 'and can be completed in less than two years' vs being expected/required to be completed in that time frame. I have a family member in this program and they were offered (not required) two summer sessions this year - making it 6 sessions this year. There was only one option for the 2nd summer term, and since they hadn't taken it yet it worked out. Also I think the one course at a time is what is minimally expected, since a few here have posted taking more than one course per 7 week term. The person I know works a demanding full-time schedule so one per 7 weeks is what thier schedule allows for comfortably.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(08-07-2022, 05:24 PM)allvia Wrote:
(08-07-2022, 04:31 PM)Pats20 Wrote: epe

The website says :

Students take the required courses one at a time, but in an intensive fashion. Upon completing one course, they continue with the next one in the series.

The program can accommodate both resident students and working professionals and be completed in less than two years.

This is prolly a stupid question but How does this happen with 36 credits and only 5 terms per year ?

I believe what is written on the website should say 'and can be completed in less than two years' vs being expected/required to be completed in that time frame. I have a family member in this program and they were offered (not required) two summer sessions this year - making it 6 sessions this year. There was only one option for the 2nd summer term, and since they hadn't taken it yet it worked out. Also I think the one course at a time is what is minimally expected, since a few here have posted taking more than one course per 7 week term. The person I know works a demanding full-time schedule so one per 7 weeks is what thier schedule allows for comfortably.
OK, again, I (HAU MBA GRAD) took 1 class first term, then 2 every term except for last where I had started some 15 weeks terms out of the Greece campus, as such my last term of 7 weeks, I had 4 courses on the go. Plus, I got credit for 3 courses (9 credit hours) for other courses I had done and work experience in) I took 14 months. That is fast, another classmate was a month behind me. Most that started with me will finish up this fall. Realistically if you get the 9CR possible for other education w/ experience (that you work with the Dean to ascertain) I think most will be done in a year and half or a couple months shy of 2 years. Without the 9CH, it's no question a 2 year program

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 2 users Like cerich67's post:
  • allvia, Darknigh7
(08-07-2022, 04:31 PM)Pats20 Wrote:
(08-07-2022, 01:38 PM)cerich67 Wrote:
(08-07-2022, 11:39 AM)Pats20 Wrote:
(06-17-2022, 01:22 PM)Flelm Wrote:
(06-16-2022, 07:54 AM)Pats20 Wrote: Thanks a lot guys for the info. Still a few courses away from bachelors. Been thinking ahead a bit. Cheap mba or mscs. Or nothing at all. Lol. Cause to be honest thinking about another 2 years of hard work seems a little daunting. Although I’ve taken a couple weeks off before I begin another course and I’m twiddling my thumbs thinking I should be studying lol.

That's exactly how I felt. Then I decided I had to try the HAU MBA because of the price, if nothing else.

(06-17-2022, 12:46 PM)Maniac Craniac Wrote: I need grade and course completion documentation for my employer's tuition reimbursement program. I just email the registrar after each course and they kindly email me an unofficial transcript in PDF form. The staff at HAU are busy, but they have always been extremely helpful whenever I have reached out to them.

That's what I thought I would have to do, I just wanted confirmation. Thanks.
So is the online format in 7 week terms like the in -person program ? 

How many terms in a year ?
basically you have spring and fall, which each has 2x 7 week terms in the MBA. The dean will often add a summer 7 week term as well if you want to take a class over summer.
The website says :

How does that happen with only 5 terms per year and 12 courses required ?

The website says :

I want to share my experience thus far in the program. I started Jan 31 this year. I have completed three courses that were all seven weeks—one at a time. The Dean allowed me to transfer three courses from my TESU BSBA (thanks to cerich67's suggestion!). This last course completed last week was also seven weeks. The Dean allowed me to begin a Strategy course last Monday that is self-study that lasts five weeks and finishes Sept 9.  I start an HR course on Sept 9 followed by Economics to finish the year in the seven-week format. The last three courses in the MBA program should complete in late June next year. Total twelve courses, including my three transfers from TESU.

I have chosen to take this program slowly, which has been very satisfying thus far. Great content, fantastic people leading the courses and an administrative support team that operates with integrity and support. It would seem that the members who have taken the program all agree on the value and positive experience in their journeys.

MBA, magna cum laude,  Hellenic American University 
BSBA, Thomas Edison State University
ASBA, Thomas Edison State University
Associate of Arts,  Thomas Edison State University
Business Management/Industrial Relations,  Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Mortgage Brokerage Licensing(MBABC),  Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia
[-] The following 3 users Like bmac66's post:
  • allvia, Darknigh7, Vle045
bmac66 said "The Dean allowed me to transfer three courses from my TESU BSBA (thanks to cerich67's suggestion!)"

Just want to point out that the Dean wants to see solid business experience in anything that is waived as well as some academic credits in said subject. Everything I got waived I had at least  6CH on subject in undergrad and a decade plus professional experience in.

But, if  admitted, schedule a meeting with Dean Martin and go over your CV and transcripts, be prepared to "defend" your knowledge a bit as she asks probing questions. Dean aside, she has solid business chops and will pick up if you are ...well embellishing. You can get MAX 9 CH, which is 3 courses and well worth the hour-90 mins with Dean martin on the phone

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 2 users Like cerich67's post:
  • bmac66, Darknigh7
Two courses down, 10 to go. I had to ask for an extension on the second course due to some family issues, but I'm looking forward to continuing the program.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 4 users Like Flelm's post:
  • allvia, cerich67, origamishuttle, Vle045
I know it might be a bit early, but does anyone have insight into the electives? I'm considering either 1) International Business/International Marketing, or 2) Decision Support Systems, and Database Management Systems from the Informatics program. I don't want to go all-in on operations/supply chain, which was the only other thing that spoke to me.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
(08-25-2022, 11:04 AM)Flelm Wrote: I know it might be a bit early, but does anyone have insight into the electives? I'm considering either 1) International Business/International Marketing, or 2) Decision Support Systems, and Database Management Systems from the Informatics program. I don't want to go all-in on operations/supply chain, which was the only other thing that spoke to me.

I have taken one database computer course at HAU, Data mining and data warehousing, it was an awesome class they work with people from beginner level to advanced and the class is tailored to challenge those who have never taken a computer science class teaching the basic concepts and allowing students to play around with the system to understand the material. If you are more advanced you will learn advanced techniques to master your craft.
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
[-] The following 1 user Likes newdegree's post:
  • Vle045
Did anyone that graduated get their diploma yet? I am curious about what size the diploma is as I wanted to order a custom frame as I await.
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
(09-09-2022, 10:10 AM)newdegree Wrote: Did anyone that graduated get their diploma yet? I am curious about what size the diploma is as I wanted to order a custom frame as I await.

8.5"x11"

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cerich67's post:
  • newdegree
I know the promotional price mentions that is for US Citizens (but that some people from Canada already got the USD$ 3,000 offer), but just in case, in order to inform the international members, I also asked about it, and after they asked me about nationality (even after I had mentioned it in my first email)... they never answered again (not even with a "full price" offering).

So, maybe the offer is not just for US citizens, but also for Canadians, but it´s not for everybody.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,317 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Walden University CJ Master's dm.hans32 1 202 09-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Your experience at California Coast University? Interested in $21k doctorate. effexbiz 32 1,742 09-01-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Heartstrings
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 30 4,418 08-22-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: klone
  American College of Education - Master's ashkir 21 2,680 08-03-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  IEU Universidad: another online Mexican university Avidreader 0 349 08-02-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Wilmington University MSCS Jonathan Whatley 3 513 07-17-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Global Business University Atoshi 3 537 07-01-2024, 12:18 PM
  University of West Georgia - MS Applied Business Analytics smartdegree 6 874 07-01-2024, 11:42 AM
  O.P.Jindal Global University UpGrad MBA David1477 9 1,537 06-25-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: onlinelearning