Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU)
Is a business degree or any prerequisite courses required for admission to this program ?
@Pats20 - Basically, all the info is here: https://mba.hauniv.edu/admissions-aid/gr...dmissions/
If you're just a couple of courses from finishing your degree, you can get conditional admissions
I've asked about this for someone before, here's the link: https://hauniv.edu/admissions/overview-of-admissions
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Darknigh7
(06-15-2022, 09:48 PM)Pats20 Wrote: Is a business degree or any prerequisite courses required for admission to this program ?

I have a family member in this program and their bachelor was not in business (not even close). They work in a management role  now and wanted their resume to reflect formal education in the area of business (hence the MBA choice) for future advancement opportunities.  The required essay they submitted was a one page summary of why they were looking to pursue a MBA, and why they thought 'this' particular MBA program would be a good match for them (it doesn't need to be a complex paper). The letters of recommendation they submitted were from their boss, and another higher level manager within the company they work with - in other words, professional references.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Thanks a lot guys for the info. Still a few courses away from bachelors. Been thinking ahead a bit. Cheap mba or mscs. Or nothing at all. Lol. Cause to be honest thinking about another 2 years of hard work seems a little daunting. Although I’ve taken a couple weeks off before I begin another course and I’m twiddling my thumbs thinking I should be studying lol.
I need grade and course completion documentation for my employer's tuition reimbursement program. I just email the registrar after each course and they kindly email me an unofficial transcript in PDF form. The staff at HAU are busy, but they have always been extremely helpful whenever I have reached out to them.
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

[-] The following 3 users Like Maniac Craniac's post:
  • Darknigh7, jch, origamishuttle
(06-16-2022, 07:54 AM)Pats20 Wrote: Thanks a lot guys for the info. Still a few courses away from bachelors. Been thinking ahead a bit. Cheap mba or mscs. Or nothing at all. Lol. Cause to be honest thinking about another 2 years of hard work seems a little daunting. Although I’ve taken a couple weeks off before I begin another course and I’m twiddling my thumbs thinking I should be studying lol.

That's exactly how I felt. Then I decided I had to try the HAU MBA because of the price, if nothing else.

(06-17-2022, 12:46 PM)Maniac Craniac Wrote: I need grade and course completion documentation for my employer's tuition reimbursement program. I just email the registrar after each course and they kindly email me an unofficial transcript in PDF form. The staff at HAU are busy, but they have always been extremely helpful whenever I have reached out to them.

That's what I thought I would have to do, I just wanted confirmation. Thanks.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
(06-16-2022, 07:54 AM)Pats20 Wrote: Thanks a lot guys for the info. Still a few courses away from bachelors. Been thinking ahead a bit. Cheap mba or mscs. Or nothing at all. Lol. Cause to be honest thinking about another 2 years of hard work seems a little daunting. Although I’ve taken a couple weeks off before I begin another course and I’m twiddling my thumbs thinking I should be studying lol.
I've had the same problem for years and years  Tongue

Something I've been trying lately is taking some free MOOCs and attending free webinars in a subject I'm considering studying next. It should hopefully give me a good idea if it's what I want to study for two years and if I'll want to pay to study it.
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

[-] The following 1 user Likes Maniac Craniac's post:
  • Vle045
(06-17-2022, 01:22 PM)Flelm Wrote:

That's exactly how I felt. Then I decided I had to try the HAU MBA because of the price, if nothing else.

(06-17-2022, 12:46 PM)Maniac Craniac Wrote: I need grade and course completion documentation for my employer's tuition reimbursement program. I just email the registrar after each course and they kindly email me an unofficial transcript in PDF form. The staff at HAU are busy, but they have always been extremely helpful whenever I have reached out to them.

So is the online format in 7 week terms like the in -person program ? 

How many terms in a year ?
(08-07-2022, 11:39 AM)Pats20 Wrote:

basically you have spring and fall, which each has 2x 7 week terms in the MBA. The dean will often add a summer 7 week term as well if you want to take a class over summer.

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
(08-07-2022, 01:38 PM)cerich67 Wrote:
(08-07-2022, 11:39 AM)Pats20 Wrote:

basically you have spring and fall, which each has 2x 7 week terms in the MBA. The dean will often add a summer 7 week term as well if you want to take a class over summer.
The website says :
Students take the required courses one at a time, but in an intensive fashion. Upon completing one course, they continue with the next one in the series.

The program can accommodate both resident students and working professionals and be completed in less than two years.

How does that happen with only 5 terms per year and 12 courses required ?

The website says :

Students take the required courses one at a time, but in an intensive fashion. Upon completing one course, they continue with the next one in the series.

The program can accommodate both resident students and working professionals and be completed in less than two years.

This is prolly a stupid question but How does this happen with 36 credits and only 5 terms per year ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 95 16,448 2 hours ago
Last Post: KMS
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,322 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Walden University CJ Master's dm.hans32 1 202 09-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Your experience at California Coast University? Interested in $21k doctorate. effexbiz 32 1,744 09-01-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Heartstrings
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 30 4,421 08-22-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: klone
  American College of Education - Master's ashkir 21 2,682 08-03-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  IEU Universidad: another online Mexican university Avidreader 0 350 08-02-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Wilmington University MSCS Jonathan Whatley 3 514 07-17-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Global Business University Atoshi 3 537 07-01-2024, 12:18 PM
  University of West Georgia - MS Applied Business Analytics smartdegree 6 876 07-01-2024, 11:42 AM