Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Returned from Taking Statistics...What A Joke!
We all know the feeling, sitting there waiting for a score, not even sure if you want to see it or not. Our hopes are with you! Lee
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
steelers Wrote:Unless this thing is graded on the mother of all curves there is no way I passed.

Steelers....it absolutely IS graded on the mother of all curves!

I did the paper-based version too, and I was convinced that I had failed it miserably. That is, until I got my score report saying I had passed, and passed with room to spare.

Your performance is being measured against the performance of a bunch of freshman college kids who also only took the course because they had to.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I think those freshman kids must have been out partying the night before they sat the exam because, when my performance was compared to theirs, I came out looking like a professional statistician.

Don't count yourself out on this one just yet okay?

It may be that you failed it, but you CANNOT and WILL NOT know for sure until your score arrives.

Best of luck,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
Steelers ~ I am freaked out about this test too, so I was hoping to read a 'much easier than expected, what's all the fuss about' kind of post from you. Now I am just hoping (with you) for that surprise pass 'cause I need courage to even get my appointment scheduled. Here's hoping! :o
I felt the same after taking Foundations of Education. I had to guess on so many I was SURE I failed, but I did ok and I bet you will too!!

Good luck and let us know how you did!
[COLOR="Green"]Here's To Your Health 66
Foundations of Education 66
Fundamentals of Counseling (next)
Criminal Justice or Principles of Supervision (soon)[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Green"]ALL [COLOR="Green"][B]ELECTIVES NEEDED WILL BE DONE![/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR="Plum"]A.A.S. Office Systems Technology, Brunswick Community College - Phi Theta Kappa
B.S. Early Childhood Education, Mount Olive College - Dec. 08[/COLOR]
Did you pass?:eek:
Passed:

DSSTs
Here's to Your Health-LL 3, Lifespan Dev.-LL 3,Principles of Public Speaking-LL 3

CLEPs
College Comp Modular-LL 3 01-Jul-10, Freshman Comp-LL 6, College Math-LL 6, Humanities-LL 6, Information Systems & Computer Applications-LL 3

Human Resource Mgmt A.A. (CCAF):patriot:
General Studies B.S. AMU (Currently working on)banghead
BurnieGirl Wrote:Did you pass?:eek:

[COLOR="Navy"]Might be too late to find out now....?

PeachyGirl: Last Activity: 08-27-2007 06:26 PM [/COLOR]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Is IC enough? I will be testing on monday. I need a math like now!
Passed:

DSSTs
Here's to Your Health-LL 3, Lifespan Dev.-LL 3,Principles of Public Speaking-LL 3

CLEPs
College Comp Modular-LL 3 01-Jul-10, Freshman Comp-LL 6, College Math-LL 6, Humanities-LL 6, Information Systems & Computer Applications-LL 3

Human Resource Mgmt A.A. (CCAF):patriot:
General Studies B.S. AMU (Currently working on)banghead
BurnieGirl Wrote:Is IC enough? I will be testing on monday. I need a math like now!

BurnieGirl, I had posted a link to another page on this site where the original poster said he passed that stats exam using only IC- see quote below. For some reason my previous posting with the link was deleted.

Quote:

"Steelers Is Back! BTW, I Passed Stats and Received a BS in Psychology
I posted an in depth story about my statistics experience (late July). I think that it got deleted before I had a chance to send it or something. Anyway, this is the first time that I have been back and apparently some people got freaked about their up comming stats exams because I never returned with my results.
Well, it is old news now. I will make a long story short by saying that I scored a 58 using only IC. "

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 347 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 422 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Statistics RA credit available anywhere? echo64 7 948 12-11-2022, 02:46 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Online Learning Statistics Alpha 0 593 07-14-2022, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  What have others used to write the Spanish letters/characters while taking ACTFL? Insert Name 3 741 06-16-2022, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College Graduation Statistics Alpha 7 1,351 05-20-2022, 06:53 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  An Investigation Finds That Millions of Students Are Taking on Dangerous BNPL Debt LevelUP 4 987 03-07-2022, 07:14 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  College Graduation Statistics Alpha 0 629 11-29-2021, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Applied Business Statistics - alternative source? Vle045 6 1,257 08-02-2021, 05:16 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  For parents of teens taking college level courses. Lacedonia4 15 2,692 10-15-2020, 11:26 PM
Last Post: BrianFallon