Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm a little confused, old & blonde!!!
Hello all,

This is my first post here, and appreciate all that I have read... LPN to RN...but have to finish pre-reqs first.
I am trying to access specific feedback, and can't seem to get there.
Any help would be appreciated.
Also, HOW in the world are you guys studying for 3-4 wks and passing some of these exams?
I have taken 3 Psycholg. exams have done well and passed but Geez...it took me a couple of months...maybe b/c I'm old???!!!!!
Any advice to speed up my process and move on to acutal Nsg. courses would be great...
Thanks so much, in advance for responses

Jasmine.....
Check this link out:
http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/...back-only/

Also, use the "search" function. You'll find thousands of posts regarding people's experiences, explaining how they did what they did. In the end, though, you have to find the approach that works for you. Not everyone takes these exams at such a lightning-fast pace!
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
Some of the tests can be taken after 2-3 weeks of study -- but others definately take more time! (At least for me!) Even if it takes you a month to grasp some concepts- at least you saved a lot of money. Keep up the good work!
Sometimes I can't access the "specific feedback" section until I've actually logged in under my "studyhard" nickname. It's not enough to just sign in to IC....you have to be signed in on the discussion forum too. At least, that's how it is on my computer.
Were not old were experienced, or we improve with age just like a good wine does. I think you will find plenty of us more experienced people on this site. Welcome aboard and good luck with all of your tests. I for one love this site and have been able to study and pass all of my cleps (minus 1 frp, 93) and my 1 dsst exam using IC and the information provided in the specific exam feedback that helps narrow down what you need to study.
Judy -
AS - Computer Science - Andover college
BS - Mgmt Information Systems -June 08
MS - Info Systems Mgmt - Start Aug 08 - UMBC
Welcome Jasmine, you are not the only 40 something here. I think you will find that your life experiences will help with some of the content. What all do you have to do for your LPN to RN? I am an RN to BSN student and taking 3 CLEP and 2 DSST before Dec 15. I actually had to take an extra CLEP due to my stupidity. OH well passed them both. Time and money out the window. I have been working off and on studying for the Algebra CLEP. Anyone have any input on Algebra?
Passed
English Comp,Freshman Comp,A & I Lit, Ethics in America, Intro to World Religions
If you aren't comfortable with the basics of algebra then REA is a great book! If you are comfortable, then I recommend taking a REA test and studying from that. The Peterson's tests are good, except all three tests are similar.
~DixieGirl~
Hi,
I am an LPN-BSN student at Indiana State. I too am studying for the Algebra Exam. I have been out of school for 25 years and am finding this class very difficult. I am using the skills lab at my local Tech College and taking my time. This is by far the hardest exam I have prepared for and never want to have to repeat it. I have a textbook off of EBay as well as the REA Guide. I also use Algebra in 20 Minutes I found on-line.
Good Luck!
Brenda
Sincerely, Brenda

A&P B
Microbiology B
Pathophysiology A
English Comp with Essay C
Intro to Soc 63
Intro to Psych 65
Lifespan Dev Psych B
Gerontology C
Info Tech Comp Applications 53
A&I Literature 62
History 1 52

Working on at present:
Algebra and Public Speaking

Left:

Technical Writing
Chemistry
Statistics
Ethics
Religion
Spanish 1
Phy Ed

Working toward BS-Nursing
Brenda where did you find the algebra in 20 min. I also am studying for the Algebra exam?
Passed
English Comp,Freshman Comp,A & I Lit, Ethics in America, Intro to World Religions

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New here; intrigued, slightly confused and overwhelmed jobojoe285 39 3,325 08-26-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jobojoe285
  Confused about ACE transcripts bethanyneedsajob 5 1,683 03-16-2019, 01:19 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  I'm a little confused. jclarkc 2 909 02-22-2019, 06:06 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
Sad [CLEP BIOLOGY] InstaCert Error? Or am I just confused? aimiminas 3 1,669 04-12-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: aimiminas
  New Member that's interested yet confused... Help please :) Crawdad1075 14 10,014 04-20-2017, 09:58 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  Confused about options Redhead123 4 1,317 02-07-2017, 07:48 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TEEX credits - confused! kevinmane 13 2,148 08-07-2016, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Old Guy
  Confused about how many credit hours for each Clep test Gretchen 8 1,822 09-17-2015, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Confused with Alek and ACE reccomendations, Tesc questions. yb1 2 1,016 09-14-2015, 02:46 PM
Last Post: yb1
  Totally confused on Saylor.org geissingert 3 1,126 09-02-2015, 09:18 PM
Last Post: cookderosa