Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused with Alek and ACE reccomendations, Tesc questions.
So I am nearly done with my first Aleks course. Intermediate Algebra. To clarify before I start my second one should I send all my credits to ace? How exactly is that done.

Also if I wanted to go to TESC for the CIS BS, which order should I be taking my Aleks courses? Should I be doing college algebra, then Pre Calc and then statistics would all of that transfer?
Should I be applying for TESC now or should I wait to do this.

My plan was to finish Aleks and Teex, do some Straighterline courses and then enroll into TESC. In December I should have about 49 credits from CC

Eng101 Tech OF RDNG & WRTG I C
Eng102 Tech Of RDNG & WRTG II
PY102 GENERAL PSYCHOLOGY A
PY221 INTRO TO ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY B
INTRO TO SOCIOCULTURAL ANTHRO A
HS THE WORLD IN 20TH CENT A
HE205 EMERGENCY MEDICAL RESPONDER B
MU110 LISTENING TO MUSIC C
SP108 INTRO TO HUMAN COMMUNICATION B
ENGL 233 THE SHORT STORY A
ENGL 264 INTRO TO CREAT WRIT FICT A
PHED 120 BEGINNING SWIMMING A
PHED 228 GROUP FITNESS INSTRUCTOR TRAIN B
MGMT101 PRINC MANAGEMENT - progress
MGMT211 INTRO TO MARKETING - progress
NWIT 127 MICROCOMPUTER ESSENTIALS Progress
POLI 230 INTRO INTERNATL CONFLICT RES Progress

CC should be 49 credits

I think I might call TESC and send my evaluation out to them.
To send your credits to ACE after you finish each course at ALEKS, it's a pretty easy process. First, you need to register at ACE to get a free account. Then, once you've scored at least a 70% on an assessment test (not 70% completed in your pie, but actually 70% on an assessment), you then go into your ACE account, and do a "course search". Look up ALEKS as the organization, then choose whichever course you completed. Click on it to add it to your account. Then, ACE will send something to ALEKS to verify that you got the credit, and you will see it in your account. I finished mine early in the week on a weekday during normal business hours, and it was in my account within a few hours.

If I were you, I would continue on in ALEKS to get as many credits as possible: College Algebra, Precalculus, and Statistics. They will all transfer to TESC. College Algebra and Statistics are required courses, the other 2 will go towards GenEd.

I personally would wait until you got more credits under your belt before you enrolled, as they will only do a limited number of evaluations if you're not enrolled (but are taking courses with the per-credit option). You want to know what they are going to count your courses as so you can plan them out, so waiting until you have a lot of credits (especially those you can test out of or do online courses for, that you already know from this forum count as particular courses), is easier. I'm currently waiting for them to post my second eval for 9 units, I want to make sure those get into the right buckets. After that, I have 8 TECEP's to take to get my residency requirements, and 2 additional courses to finish my degree. It's a pain to wait weeks and weeks to make sure that they are putting things where you think they will/should.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Oh wow. Okay that is very good news. That means all I need to do is get a 70% on 1 exam and then I pass the class

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New here; intrigued, slightly confused and overwhelmed jobojoe285 39 3,325 08-26-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jobojoe285
  Are discussion questions becoming irrelevant with AI?? Vle045 26 1,339 08-19-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 218 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,549 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 508 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  5 Random Questions [LOR, Pell, SNHU, etc] omicreativedev 5 932 01-07-2023, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,736 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Sophia.org Questions midnite123 37 3,499 09-20-2022, 06:32 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Coopersmith - Course questions disney_day_dreamer 2 921 07-12-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: disney_day_dreamer
  5 Questions to Answer When Creating a Positive Online Presence for College Acceptance LevelUP 0 542 03-19-2022, 02:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP