Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History Credits needed
I failed my Clep test for western civ I. This is the only class I need and I have to obtain three credits in general history ASAP. Any advice???
US History 1 isn't too bad. I haven't taken Western Civ, but I think US is considered easier. REA was right on for my History test, as long as you studied the book very in-depthly (is that a word??). That was my first CLEP, so I took about 3 weeks to study for it, but it would be easily do-able in two if you have quite a bit of time to devote to it.

How much background do you have in history?
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)
heatherb32 Wrote:....Any advice???

Sometimes it isn't the subject matter per se but just in the way you prepare to take an exam. You are required to learn volumes of information and often tested on a small amount. Here is the some advice that you asked for - Good Luck!

ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="2"]
Shoto-Advice:
[SIZE="3"]"[/SIZE]EC[SIZE="3"]"[/SIZE]
"CCU"
"Prayer"
"A Pass is a Pass"
"Slow and Steady - Wins the Race"
[B][I]“Sometimes The Easy Way Is Not Always The Best Way”

"Passing a Petersons = Conquering a CLEP -or- Defeating a DSST"
"The 5 R's of Study: Repetition - Re-Enforces - Recognition - Recall - Retention"[/B][/I]
"Always be Ready to Release Your Mind & Incorporate the Advice of Others into Your Plans."
"Studying is much like Boiling Water, if it is not Heated Constantly it will Once Again Become Cold Water."

Other Sources of CLEP & DSST Study Material
REA Books, Comex Books, Pass Your Class Guides, Standard Deviants DVD's, Petersons Practice Exams, [COLOR="Gold"]Dummies Books, Idiot's Guides [/COLOR]. Big Grin[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Navy"]
[SIZE="3"]Study Time: How I Did It…[/SIZE]

Pre-Study-Prep: Obtain or set up whatever materials I will need to study (IC Flashcards, REA Books, Standard Deviants Videos, Pass-Your-Class Guides, and Petersons Practice Exams.

Week One: Begin to read books, review flashcards, watch videos. Call your test center and make an appointment in advance as they sometimes require a few weeks advance notice)

Week Two: Re-read books, review flashcards, watch videos Take 1-2 practice exams

Week Three: Continue to review all materials, take additional/final practice exams. You should be passing these with room to spare. Take real exam at end of the week and PASS.

Note you should have at this point already acquired pre-study-prep materials for your next exam so as not to waste time.[/COLOR]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Clovis is on sale for the summer you can take 18 credits for 450sh plus $50 fee per online class you take.
If you are familiar with US History the US History 1 CLEP was the easiest history credit for me and their are so many good resources.

Passed:

American Gov, US History 1, US History 2, Computing, Info Systems, Humanities, Sociology, Art, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, Social Sciences and History, Civil War, Business, Vietnam, A&I Lit, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, American Lit, English Lit, Astronomy, Supervision, 1 FEMA, Total -79
Has anyone taken the DSST A History of the Vietnam War?
I took Vietnam history two weeks ago.I thought it would be a lot harder. I got a 70. If you know the IC flashcards, I am pretty sure you could pass it on cards alone and if you know the answers to the specific exam feedback you can easily get a high score. I did a lot more preparation then that and it was serious overkill.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACCUMULATING ACCOUNTING CREDITS for CPA - WHAT COLLEGE TO USE AND FROM WHOM? germ 9 2,813 09-27-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: turbotortuga
  Cheap, easy graded credits for increasing GPA. Treach 9 956 09-05-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: karehiro
  Does any institution apply over 90 transfer credits? hlg38 7 835 08-24-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transferring credits ecomony 8 456 08-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 233 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Master of Letters in History dewisant 4 538 06-28-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Transfer Credits for Certificates 3ichael7ambert 9 947 05-30-2024, 08:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 22 3,158 05-15-2024, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Travellifter
  Best Options For Fast Credits harrypotter 11 1,144 05-10-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: harrypotter
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 2,321 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess