Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone taken non-degree courses at UMPI as a pathway to get entry into UMPI?
I've missed the deadline to enrol into Spring 1 because my high school diploma was not validated in time. I am now consideirng enrolling into non degree courses for Spring 1 and carry over any credits earned there into Spring 2. I have however been advised by Jennifer that there is a risk that I may not make the Spring 2 deadline. 

I've drawn up a timeline - would appreciate any feedback on whether I'm being realistic or not around the duration of each activity (and if the activities are correct in the first place). Also looking for clarity on how transcript requests would work given the courses are being taken in UMPI. Will it still take 7 days?

[Image: Capture.png]

UMPI website link for transcript request processing time: https://www.umpi.edu/offices/registrars-...-requests/
There's no exam grading at UMPI so I have no idea what means. What transcripts are you requesting in February?
Your other option is to continue taking Sophia.org or Study.com ACE classes towards your degree until you have max out the 90 credits... How much are they going to charge you for non-degree classes, are these in Your Pace? If they're not in Your Pace, you're paying too much, continue with the ACE options for now.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-15-2023, 09:31 PM)ss20ts Wrote: There's no exam grading at UMPI so I have no idea what means. What transcripts are you requesting in February?

I meant to write 'Assignment grading' instead of exam grading. I will be requesting transcripts from UMPI for the courses I completed as a non degree student.

For context, the purpose of me entering the non degree course is to gain entry into UMPI (this is an alternative pathway for when UMPI does not accept the high school diploma). This is done by selecting and completing any of the courses for the BABA in PM degree (a minimum of 2 courses required) which is essentially to prove that I'm capable of doing the work. I will gain credits for those courses once they are complete and thereby gain admission into UMPI. Those credits would then be transferred towards my degree.

Note that the tasks highlighted in green in the plan is pure guesswork, i.e. its what I think I need to get done before enrolment deadlines for term 2. 

(12-15-2023, 10:27 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Your other option is to continue taking Sophia.org or Study.com ACE classes towards your degree until you have max out the 90 credits... How much are they going to charge you for non-degree classes, are these in Your Pace?  If they're not in Your Pace, you're paying too much, continue with the ACE options for now.

I've maxed out credits on Sophia, SDC, and Coursera already. Thats why I was so desperate to enrol into the upcoming term.

The non degree classes are YourPace and its the same cost as a standard YourPace program - $1,500. Its effectively exactly the same thing but I'm not considered a 'degree enroled student'.
Grading takes however long it takes. Some professors will grade within a day and others take a week or longer. You will not receive any grades until after the term ends. Grades are not posted until after the term has completed.

You don't need transcripts from UMPI to apply to UMPI. They already have them. I would also complete more than 2 courses during your term. 2 courses is just the minimum to prove you can do it.
I'll definitely take more classes since its $1500 per session. I'll try and knock out 30 credits if I do go down that route. Given I should have 90 credits from Sophia/SDC/Coursera, I'll have pay another $1500 for another session just to be formally enrolled as a degree student then get my degree which obviously isn't ideal.

Do you konw if its possible to take a single online class during a session/term instead of having to pay a full $1500?
You pay $1500 per term no matter how many courses you take in YourPace. 1 class is $1500. 20 classes is $1500.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
You can try getting most of your credits completed the first session, the second session you can complete the requirements and also add in any extra minors you may want. I'm still not sure why you need to 'rush' things, being a session later would be just two months off track, you can again, work on something else while you're waiting. But if you really want to do it this way, I recommend do X credits first session, finish the second session, and if you have time, work on 3-4 classes that can transfer to the UMPI MAOL.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-16-2023, 09:13 PM)ss20ts Wrote: You pay $1500 per term no matter how many courses you take in YourPace. 1 class is $1500. 20 classes is $1500.

So there isn't a single online class option?

(12-16-2023, 10:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You can try getting most of your credits completed the first session, the second session you can complete the requirements and also add in any extra minors you may want.  I'm still not sure why you need to 'rush' things, being a session later would be just two months off track, you can again, work on something else while you're waiting.  But if you really want to do it this way, I recommend do X credits first session, finish the second session, and if you have time, work on 3-4 classes that can transfer to the UMPI MAOL.

Two reason mainly. One is that I'm trying to get this knocked out before I start my new job and the second is that I'm trying to get it done in one term so I only spend $1500.

How can I add extra minors?
(12-17-2023, 06:21 PM)FM1 Wrote:
(12-16-2023, 09:13 PM)ss20ts Wrote: You pay $1500 per term no matter how many courses you take in YourPace. 1 class is $1500. 20 classes is $1500.

So there isn't a single online class option?

No there is not. Tuition is a flat rate.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on My Journey to UMPI BAS and MAOL Hackingat40 5 407 7 hours ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  Credit evaluation from UMPI lynnii2 5 496 Yesterday, 03:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Assignment for Review kakasahib 8 856 09-18-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: thomasfrank
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 125 91,704 09-18-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: psychcs
  Denied Admission to UMPI doctorTorres 15 699 09-17-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA History at UMPI course requirements majic29 9 714 09-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UMPI English Composition I Old Guy 4 240 09-15-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: RJ77
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 236 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Do I need to retake my sophia courses for a better grade? whereismyramen 2 160 09-14-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  NEW UMPI UNDERGRADS -- USE THE DRAFTS ashkir 35 18,589 09-13-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: DavidGood