Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone taken any of these classes?
(11-07-2022, 06:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: By itself, you're right, it won't be used for financial aid purposes, but if you're using the flat rate tuition, you're golden!  You just need 12 credits to be full time, you're going to do 16 credits maximum for the flat rate tuition, so 3 credits through e-packs would not be counted, technically, anything over 9 credits won't be counted so you can use two e-packs... basically, to keep things simple, 1 epack, 4 courses, PLA 100 or another 1 credit course would be your perfect option!
Interesting. We may need to look into e-packs. E-packs are basically a bunch of quizzes? Did I read that right? Are they open book? Timed? Proctored?
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22
Quizzes don't count towards anything, it's like an assessment tool to see where you stand in the subject matter knowledge. It's one final proctored examination that determines a pass or fail. The main draw or is that it's RA and grants you residency credits, the main con however is the higher chance of failure if you're not proficient with that subject matter knowledge. Review what they have and the E-Pack course information on their website, see if it's for your SO or not...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-07-2022, 07:29 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Quizzes don't count towards anything, it's like an assessment tool to see where you stand in the subject matter knowledge.  It's one final proctored examination that determines a pass or fail.  The main draw or is that it's RA and grants you residency credits, the main con however is the higher chance of failure if you're not proficient with that subject matter knowledge.  Review what they have and the E-Pack course information on their website, see if it's for your SO or not...
And grade is pass/fail, not graded?
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Yeah, they're just pass/fail if I recall correctly, I've not taken one yet... Basically, it's like an overpriced TECEP, the only reason people will take it is for the credit and residency requirement. Otherwise, I don't even recommend them at all. Here's the info page: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/e-pack-courses

Now I’m wondering “what’s the worse case scenario,” right? If she does 2 of the 4 I listed in the beginning, the cornerstone, the capstone, and a couple of e-packs, it’s basically a free shot at the e-packs, as long as she passes the other 4. Would a failed e-pack affect gpa or anything? Or would it just be “looks like you’re taking these two classes next semester instead of the cornerstone and capstone”?
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Here's a wrench to that plan, SO can be the guinea pig! Confirm with TESU that the edx course can be transferred into your degree plan as the Info Lit course. Take the cornerstone at edx, it should come in as the Info Lit course as per their webpage and forum post (no confirmation yet). You can then take 4 courses for financial aid to get 12 credits, any 3 you want + capstone, take the Epack of your choice and the PLA100.

(11-09-2022, 02:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Here's a wrench to that plan, SO can be the guinea pig!  Confirm with TESU that the edx course can be transferred into your degree plan as the Info Lit course.  Take the cornerstone at edx, it should come in as the Info Lit course as per their webpage and forum post (no confirmation yet).  You can then take 4 courses for financial aid to get 12 credits, any 3 you want + capstone, take the Epack of your choice and the PLA100.
It’s funny. I was thinking that same thing the other day. Is the extra time to knock out the cornerstone worth the cost of the Edx class, and if so would it work? If she powered through it by itself, I’m wondering how long it would take her, because if the answer to the other questions is yes, then it’s just all about when to start that course and when to start the semester.

(11-09-2022, 02:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Here's a wrench to that plan, SO can be the guinea pig!  Confirm with TESU that the edx course can be transferred into your degree plan as the Info Lit course.  Take the cornerstone at edx, it should come in as the Info Lit course as per their webpage and forum post (no confirmation yet).  You can then take 4 courses for financial aid to get 12 credits, any 3 you want + capstone, take the Epack of your choice and the PLA100.
Although, she was looking at the epacks, and didn’t find any she was 100% comfortable with that were 200+ Liberal studies, so she’d also have to throw in something from Study. So, let’s say 1 round on Study plus the Edx, and delay the semester to January just to be safe, I’m thinking the net gain would be 2 months with a cost of $700-800 more (ballpark info off my memory of the subscription costs.
Old Salt w/ New Papers

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Classes at TESU tcompy 1 261 08-19-2024, 03:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 865 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  If classes start Monday, December 5th, are you enrolled? Insert Name 2 559 12-02-2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Best source to verify which classes transfer to TESU? muu9 5 1,445 10-17-2022, 05:03 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Any Recommended (Ace) Lower level Finance Area of Study classes? SamTrulli 3 850 10-01-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia IT classes to TESU JenninMN 5 1,485 09-01-2022, 01:45 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  question on TESU non-proctored degree classes? EducationSeeker 7 1,938 08-03-2022, 08:01 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  TESU UL Math Classes bjcheung77 6 1,373 04-28-2022, 11:21 PM
Last Post: StudentOLife
  Upper level classes for liberal studies janthonys 11 2,136 03-27-2022, 12:49 PM
Last Post: janthonys
  TESU - Classes, Credits and What to do? Need Advice. Risingstar 6 1,482 02-18-2022, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Risingstar