Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golden Gate University or Apollos DBA?
Hi All!

New to this forum. Like many of you, I would like to pursue a higher degree for my career.
Well, the first encounter is the Apollos DBA, which is affordable and accredited.
However it is a rather new university and I hardly find any videos/sample lectures on the internet. Most of the faculty members are also graduated from its own program.
It does get DEAC and CHEA and some other accreditation.

Well then I looked at the Golden Gate University DBA, a more reputational and historical university (of course a bit more expensive) and its faculty members are also more sounded and there are video lectures and webinars on the internet. It still has its concerns about the WASC accreditation though. I looked at the course provider Upgrad and I found tons of complaints also.

Therefore I would like to ask for some advise here. Any experience share from either of the university metioned is welcomed. 

Many thanks for reading this thread again.
You may want to do a search for both institutions and see their reviews... Here's a thread for one of them, seems you've already posted on it already: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...0-students
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-19-2023, 09:25 PM)kb24bi8 Wrote: Hi All!

New to this forum. Like many of you, I would like to pursue a higher degree for my career.
Well, the first encounter is the Apollos DBA, which is affordable and accredited.
However it is a rather new university and I hardly find any videos/sample lectures on the internet. Most of the faculty members are also graduated from its own program.

Well then I looked at the Golden Gate University DBA, a more reputational and historical university (of course a bit more expensive) and its faculty members are also more sounded and there are video lectures and webinars on the internet. It still has its concerns about the WASC accreditation though. I looked at the course provider Upgrad and I found tons of complaints also.

Therefore I would like to ask for some advise here. Any experience share from either of the university metioned is welcomed. 

Curiosity: 

How will obtaining a doctorate enhance your career opportunities?
Do you already have a quality master's degree?
My often repeated opinion is that your network is much more of a factor in career development than credentials.
Chief Petty Officer
United States Navy (Retired)
(09-20-2023, 07:47 AM)Charles Fout Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 09:25 PM)kb24bi8 Wrote: Hi All!

Curiosity: 

How will obtaining a doctorate enhance your career opportunities?
Do you already have a quality master's degree?
My often repeated opinion is that your network is much more of a factor in career development than credentials.
Actually I work in tertiary institute,therefore a doctorate is necessary if I would like to work as a lecturer or instructor.
Currently I don't have a master's degree,but I studied something equivalent and just taken the qualifying exam.
Actaully a master of science does not worth much nowadays (sigh) so why not directly pursue a doctorate.

(09-20-2023, 07:30 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You may want to do a search for both institutions and see their reviews... Here's a thread for one of them, seems you've already posted on it already: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...0-students

Thanks for the info Smile. Just went through this thread before posting. Just wanted to gather more insight though.
(09-19-2023, 09:25 PM)kb24bi8 Wrote: Well then I looked at the Golden Gate University DBA, a more reputational and historical university (of course a bit more expensive)

Which price are you getting for Apollos DBA and for GGU?

Apollos´website mentions $21,575, is that not the real price? It´s a lower one?
https://apollos.edu/Page/32/Default.aspx
(09-20-2023, 11:37 AM)MrPanda Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 09:25 PM)kb24bi8 Wrote: Well then I looked at the Golden Gate University DBA, a more reputational and historical university (of course a bit more expensive)

Hi,

GU I got the quote is around USD 20000. 
Apollos is around USD 19000.
I'm not sure if you have a list of more options and dropped them down to the following two, Apollos and GGU. If you haven't looked at others, you may want to do so and reply with a little longer list, like say 3 really interesting options you're going for and 3 more for back up purposes... BTW, you haven't provided much details about your budget, commitments, study habits and many more variables that I ask for in the addendum/template here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-D...ing-Advice

(09-20-2023, 08:49 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I'm not sure if you have a list of more options and dropped them down to the following two, Apollos and GGU.  If you haven't looked at others, you may want to do so and reply with a little longer list, like say 3 really interesting options you're going for and 3 more for back up purposes...  BTW, you haven't provided much details about your budget, commitments, study habits and many more variables that I ask for in the addendum/template here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-D...ing-Advice

Well I did quite some research and come up with those two. The first one I came up with is selinus university and brittany and vern dual degree, but those two seems not accredited. 
I also looked at Liberty University, however most university in the US are around the US 40000 price range (or US 300 per credit hour) which is out of the price range. My budget would be around US 20000 at best.
For study period, I do have time for study during work and complete the dissertation, so a 3 year study period should be fine for me.

For background, I have got a bachelor in BBA and should be completing a post-grad qualification in finance, therefore I would like to find something related. That's why the finance concentration for GGU appeals to me.
Selinus is not, but Brittany and Vern both should be recognized by their respective governments... Anyways, without more details and what exactly your budget, commitments, study habits, etc, it's going to be hard to provide you any recommendations... Good luck on your search, have fun, and again, if you need help, it's better to provide exactly what criteria you're looking at so we can break it down for you and see if any fits all of them.

(09-20-2023, 07:13 PM)kb24bi8 Wrote:
(09-20-2023, 11:37 AM)MrPanda Wrote:

Hi,

GU I got the quote is around USD 20000. 
Apollos is around USD 19000.

GGU increased the price a lot, it was USD$ 12,000 last year :-(

https://mdi.com.pk/online/golden-gate-university-dba/

Here it says: USD$ 65,800 price but you can get up to 80% scholarship.

65,800 * .2 = 13,160.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sabi University Alpha 13 3,250 4 hours ago
Last Post: TINASAM
  Binghamton University System Science PhD for $15k NotJoeBiden 3 168 09-16-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  University of Central Arkansas's Online Ph.D mohelena02 24 5,412 07-25-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  European International University basu888 51 23,305 07-25-2024, 05:33 AM
Last Post: stevennguyen15691
  Florida Atlantic University: PhD in CS $34K bjcheung77 16 3,847 07-21-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: compsci
  12-18 months PhD in Health Sciences - Faulkner University michaeladsmith2 18 1,452 07-07-2024, 08:05 PM
  VERN' and Brittany University doyouhowdo1 5 1,024 06-21-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Virginia University of Lynchburg Accreditation on Warning Jonathan Whatley 90 10,555 06-04-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Capitol Technology University PhD in Cyberpsychology Sarit1046 20 1,944 04-23-2024, 01:07 PM
  DBA from Prague University of Economics and Business, 15k Euro durain 6 1,401 03-17-2024, 12:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77