Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Framed UMPI Diploma
Thx for the detailed explanation
(11-12-2023, 09:06 PM)Baezbug Wrote: My diploma does not list the concentrations (project management and information systems)

Where did you get your frame from? Also, when the diploma comes in, is it just the paper or does it actually have the blue border piece around it as well?
Current
University of Illinois Urbana Champaign (Gies School of Business) - MS Management

Completed
2023 UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Summa Cum Laude, Minors: Management & Political Science
2022 Pierpont BOG AAS, Area of Emphasis: Graphic Design
Udacity Nanodegree - Digital Marketing
Google Career Certification - Digital Marketing & E-Commerce, UX Design
(11-14-2023, 12:08 AM)MichaelDoesMarketing Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 09:06 PM)Baezbug Wrote: My diploma does not list the concentrations (project management and information systems)

Where did you get your frame from? Also, when the diploma comes in, is it just the paper or does it actually have the blue border piece around it as well?

It's from the campus store. You can call the store to order it. Sometimes it's on the website to order. The diploma does not come with the frame. The matting is part of the frame.

The frame is from Amazon, the blue matte around the diploma was purchased separately from etsy. The diploma comes by itself in an envelope.
(11-14-2023, 01:49 AM)Baezbug Wrote:

The frame is from Amazon, the blue matte around the diploma was purchased separately from etsy. The diploma comes by itself in an envelope.

Oktoberfest's frame is the one from the campus store.
It can indeed be confusing when a degree certificate mentions "diploma" for a bachelor's graduation. In some regions, this discrepancy in terminology can cause misunderstandings, as the word "diploma" might not typically denote a degree in certain countries or educational systems.
In my country, the term "diploma" is not synonymous with a degree.
why they write diploma on the degree?
(12-14-2023, 09:49 AM)Uzair Wrote: It can indeed be confusing when a degree certificate mentions "diploma" for a bachelor's graduation. In some regions, this discrepancy in terminology can cause misunderstandings, as the word "diploma" might not typically denote a degree in certain countries or educational systems.

In the US, the degree is bachelor of arts for example. The piece of paper it's printed on is called a diploma in the US. UMPI is a university in the US so they do things they way that's standard in the US. Colleges in the US pretty much do everything the same when it comes to degrees. They're not concerned about the terminology used in other countries because it doesn't impact 95%+ of students.
Uzair Wrote: It can indeed be confusing when a degree certificate mentions "diploma" for a bachelor's graduation. In some regions, this discrepancy in terminology can cause misunderstandings, as the word "diploma" might not typically denote a degree in certain countries or educational systems.

Why not? It's just nitpicky at it, I don't see any issue with it at all... The degree already denotes it's a Bachelors of something. You might call it differently, but the term diploma in this case is another word for certificate, document, any other interchangeable name for it such as parchment, paper, and anything else you can think of, etc. Just like people call Nike, Nike and others call it Nike-ee, or someone pronouncing or saying Potato/Tomato differently than you do. It doesn't matter, it means the same thing (period).
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-14-2023, 09:49 AM)Uzair Wrote: It can indeed be confusing when a degree certificate mentions "diploma" for a bachelor's graduation. In some regions, this discrepancy in terminology can cause misunderstandings, as the word "diploma" might not typically denote a degree in certain countries or educational systems.

Diploma isn't synonymous with degree. A diploma is a piece of paper indicating that a degree has been earned. You have your degree even if your diploma burns in a fire.
Master of Arts in Political Science: Public Administration & Public Policy, Eastern Illinois University
Bachelor of Arts in History & Political Science, University of Maine at Presque Isle
[-] The following 1 user Likes wildebeest's post:
  • ss20ts
(07-18-2023, 09:11 AM)tsgreer Wrote: But as a professional graphic designer for 20 years, I gotta say, the font selection on the actual degree is terrible. And the curved text. It really does give it the appearance that it was designed in Microsoft Word.

I'm not a graphic designer, but I've worked with a few of them and know a bit about design theory... and my first thought matches yours.

There's no way that whomever designed this diploma was familiar with basic rules of typography (for example, mixing fonts and font families).  Perhaps it was designed by a family member of one of the trustees or something. More ridiculous things have happened.

As far as I know, UMPI does not have a graphic design degree... and that is a very, very good thing. It would be an embarrassment for any credible graphic designer to display that diploma publicly. 

But all of that said, it doesn't really matter.  UMPI is a great school, part of a well respected state system, and what matters is the school and the education, not the piece of paper documenting it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI----AA----ETC???? midnite123 1 84 Yesterday, 12:00 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 8 397 10-19-2024, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Patchouli_Skoal
  7 Bus & Psy Courses Left - UMPI vs study.com??? radicallena 8 539 10-18-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: radicallena
  UMPI Admission Requirements/Plan. svnkid 5 253 10-17-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: svnkid
  New UMPI Academic Catalog 2024-2025 turbotortuga 14 1,647 10-17-2024, 11:50 AM
  bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread bjcheung77 33 4,825 10-16-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 128 97,107 10-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Konny08
  UMPI Accounting Assistance - Degree Plan NewbieLearner 17 1,320 10-10-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: NewbieLearner
  Question regarding UMPI BAS to MAOL Hackingat40 5 452 10-02-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  UMPI GPA Question joshua27 8 2,298 09-28-2024, 09:24 AM