Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Find holes in my BABA plan
(06-12-2024, 09:08 AM)Kjnova Wrote: When I click the links and cross-reference the UMPI requirements with the Sophia courses listed, I only see three Sophia courses that map to UMPI requirements, and two of them map to the same UMPI requirement. So, they would only cover two requirements. I also see Sophia courses that map to UMPI "BUS 1xx elective", but I think you need a BUS 3xx elective, don't you? This is new to me and I might be misinterpreting or checking the wrong lists. Has anybody written a simple list of "take this at Sophia to knock off 7 UMPI requirements" or the like? I guess that is what the linked lists are, but I think I must be missing something in how they translate. Thanks.

None of the BABA degrees require a BUS3XX elective. They require general electives which can be any course at any level.
When I go to the UMPI web site and look at the requirements, the final core requirement listed says this:

BUS ELEC: Business Elective Business Admin
Duration: 8 weeks | Credit Hours: 3

Add ANY BUS Elective (300 level or higher)
(06-12-2024, 11:21 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-12-2024, 09:08 AM)Kjnova Wrote: When I click the links and cross-reference the UMPI requirements with the Sophia courses listed, I only see three Sophia courses that map to UMPI requirements, and two of them map to the same UMPI requirement. So, they would only cover two requirements. I also see Sophia courses that map to UMPI "BUS 1xx elective", but I think you need a BUS 3xx elective, don't you? This is new to me and I might be misinterpreting or checking the wrong lists. Has anybody written a simple list of "take this at Sophia to knock off 7 UMPI requirements" or the like? I guess that is what the linked lists are, but I think I must be missing something in how they translate. Thanks.

None of the BABA degrees require a BUS3XX elective. They require general electives which can be any course at any level.

Is Kjnova talking about UL requirements for BLS degrees?

"I only see three Sophia courses that map to UMPI requirements."  What is this referring to?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
This thread is about the BABA program I think.

Let me say up front that I have not spent nearly as long looking at this stuff as a lot of you guys so I might be misreading or misinterpreting something. I don't want to accidentally confuse anybody.

But what I am looking at is the requirements list on this page:
https://www.umpi.edu/yourpace/academic_p...eadership/

Scroll down near the bottom of the page to see them listed. You can also view it for different concentrations (for example, Project Management) by toggling the program in the nav.

I typed it into a list so I could mark what Sophia classes would equate to what UMPI requirements. Edit: Removing the list because it was missing some info I see on the link in the next post, and I don't want anybody to waste time figuring that part out.
Sophia allows you to fill in most of the gen ed, some of the major and your electives

Links:

General Education https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...ts_Roadmap
BABA Management and Leadership (you can look on the Wiki for the other variations) https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan
Wiki with other degree plans: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:UMPI
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 2 users Like jg_nuy's post:
  • Kjnova, LevelUP
Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kjnova's post:
  • LevelUP
Here is an updated link for those wanting to see my plan and track my progress:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...ue&sd=true

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Admission Requirements/Plan. svnkid 5 149 Yesterday, 02:56 PM
Last Post: svnkid
  Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster...Personal Plan & Progress wkshasta 16 670 10-12-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: klone
  UMPI Accounting Assistance - Degree Plan NewbieLearner 17 1,241 10-10-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: NewbieLearner
  UMPI Plan and Progress AirborneAgent 26 2,229 09-27-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Decision time: BABA/Leadership vs BLS/Management Kjnova 88 6,669 09-08-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Kjnova
  BLS Minor in Management Plan mohelena02 5 478 08-25-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 434 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
  Help - UMPI Degree Plan Tequila 4 555 07-16-2024, 01:19 AM
  UMPI BABA Marketing Mrbarbz 11 960 07-14-2024, 10:38 PM
Last Post: layermonkey
  BABA class for last 2 weeks rrrr 6 1,444 07-04-2024, 03:26 PM