Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fall 2021 Session 1 -- What is YOURPace?
I like the tradition of having the "What is YOURPace" thread. 

While we are all waiting for the new session to start, I want to say thank you to ss20ts and ashkir, the trailblazers and UMPI's greatest advocates. I am pretty sure that the popularity of UMPI among degreeforum residents is growing because of your inspirational journeys and your eagerness to help others planning their studies. Thanks for being here for us.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
[-] The following 6 users Like NoStudentNoCry's post:
  • ashkir, Novo, rachel83az, ss20ts, tpowell, varJosh
My Fall 2021 YourPace brings me back to UMPI! I have FINALLY been given permission to obtain a second degree after graduating with my BLS. I'm completing the BABA with Marketing Concentration which is one of the new concentrations. I wish they had this when I enrolled last year. I totally would have completed this degree then.
[-] The following 6 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • ashkir, Federicojavier, hoffdeb, Novo, rachel83az, varJosh
(08-15-2021, 09:06 AM)ss20ts Wrote: My Fall 2021 YourPace brings me back to UMPI! I have FINALLY been given permission to obtain a second degree after graduating with my BLS. I'm completing the BABA with Marketing Concentration which is one of the new concentrations. I wish they had this when I enrolled last year. I totally would have completed this degree then.

Yay!! Best of luck to you! I’m considering going back and doing the MAOL. Maybe next year.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lupeb's post:
  • ss20ts, varJosh
(08-15-2021, 10:54 AM)Lupeb Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 09:06 AM)ss20ts Wrote: My Fall 2021 YourPace brings me back to UMPI! I have FINALLY been given permission to obtain a second degree after graduating with my BLS. I'm completing the BABA with Marketing Concentration which is one of the new concentrations. I wish they had this when I enrolled last year. I totally would have completed this degree then.

Yay!! Best of luck to you! I’m considering going back and doing the MAOL. Maybe next year.

I was going to do the MAOL but decided a different master's would be more beneficial in my career transition and after watching ashkir's struggles I have decided against it. Ashkir enrolled after my first term at UMPI and he flew through classes like the wind. We would start the same class the same day and he would be done in a few days.....meanwhile it took me over a week or two. He has not been able to get through the MAOL courses nearly as fast as we both expected. He told me this week that people should plan for a minimum of a year to complete the degree. It's a LOT of writing. I've seen PhD programs with much less writing. In one class, he wrote over 200 pages. He's in one now where he's written over 60 pages just for the Milestones and he's only halfway through the Milestones. He still has the Final Assessment. It sounds pretty rough and I LOVE writing. I don't love it that much. LOL I'll be going to WGU in the fall for my MSML and MBA. Then back to work after a few surgeries. Then hopefully onto a part time DBA program. I only know of 1 DBA program that's competency based. It's at Capella. I'm not super excited about Capella, but I am super excited about a competency based DBA. I really enjoy the competency based approach. Surprisingly, it works really well for me.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • Novo, varJosh
I think the tradition of these threads help. Nice job on beating me to it! I was preparing to post it on the day after the previous session ended (like I typically do). We're going to have a shorter break this time, 3 days versus a few weeks like last time. I think the amount of discussions these large threads get, brings inspiration to many.

UMPI is a very small school, and us being supportive of each other, and providing a safe space is important for all of our success. I think UMPI has amazing potential and can be one of the largest online schools, if, they continue their great path.

I am intending Fall 2021 to be my last at UMPI.
[-] The following 4 users Like ashkir's post:
  • cpoteraske, Novo, Smilejoelle1, ss20ts
(08-15-2021, 01:25 PM)ashkir Wrote: I think the tradition of these threads help. Nice job on beating me to it! I was preparing to post it on the day after the previous session ended (like I typically do). We're going to have a shorter break this time, 3 days versus a few weeks like last time. I think the amount of discussions these large threads get, brings inspiration to many.

UMPI is a very small school, and us being supportive of each other, and providing a safe space is important for all of our success. I think UMPI has amazing potential and can be one of the largest online schools, if, they continue their great path.

I am intending Fall 2021 to be my last at UMPI.

We are absolutely expecting your writing papers and not posts lol. Let us cheer you on!
SNHU- Associates of Arts 8/2021
UMPI - BLS- Educational Studies and Information Systems 
Starting August 30, 2021 - Goal: December 2021 

Sophia LLC, Straighterline, InstantCert, Study.com)

(Follow my degree plan HERE)

Current Mood: Motivated, but tired as heck!
Hi Guys, so I am meeting Jessica to plan out my first session and I see my transfer credits have been evaluated. I did not receive credit for BIO 105 from my previous biology class taken at a Canadian University, and it looks like I would need to take BIO 105 at UMPI. However, I would need to take around 12 classes to get my BA in Accounting which is awesome to see.

I have seen a lot of people recommending against doing so. Could you please explain why? Is the final assignment a test, or a paper? And is there a lab component that would require a live lab kit? I live abroad so shipping that would be a massive hassle.

Thank you and I really appreciate your help so far.
[-] The following 1 user Likes yuktadoctor's post:
  • BellaZuri
(08-16-2021, 10:43 AM)yuktadoctor Wrote: Hi Guys, so I am meeting Jessica to plan out my first session and I see my transfer credits have been evaluated. I did not receive credit for BIO 105 from my previous biology class taken at a Canadian University, and it looks like I would need to take BIO 105 at UMPI. However, I would need to take around 12 classes to get my BA in Accounting which is awesome to see.

I have seen a lot of people recommending against doing so. Could you please explain why? Is the final assignment a test, or a paper? And is there a lab component that would require a live lab kit? I live abroad so shipping that would be a massive hassle.

Thank you and I really appreciate your help so far.

BIO 105 at UMPI requires something like the work of 3 or 4 classes to complete. From what ashkir said, some of the components would be difficult to complete if you're not specifically near UMPI. It's geared for a rural, not urban, environment. Also, there was something about an owl pellet. Just get permission to do SDC's BIO 101L and avoid the hassle. 

First, I would double-check that they didn't accidentally overlook your biology class as a viable option. If it had a lab, it should work. If it didn't have a lab, though, it won't work.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Can you please update the first post of this thread with the calendar of events like I've done to the previous 5 I created?

Fall 1 will be between Monday August 30, 2021 and end on Friday October 22, 2021. This is a total of 53 days this time (7.5 weeks, with .5 reserved for the final grading). You do get to submit finals on the last day and if they're graded after the term ends, you still get credit for them. If you haven't signed up for UMPI yet the deadline for the next session will be October 11th to join us in Fall 2 beginning, October 25th.
Hello everyone! I have lurked and read all the posts about UMPI. They have been so helpful. I used to be pretty active on this forum a decade or so ago under another forgotten user name when I was homeschooling my now-adult kids and earning credits for myself when I could.

I am all set to enroll for Fall 1 as a History major. I had a few emails with Jessica to get my credits straightened out. I only need the minimum 10 classes. I ended up with 149 transfer credits Smile It will take me two terms because of class availability. I should be enrolled in my first classes in a day or two and ready for the start on the 30th.

Everyone else seems to be a Business major of some variety. Are there any other History majors here?

I have a few transfer equivalencies from APUS and Penn Foster is anyone is interested in me listing them out.
BA History & Political Science - History Concentration - UMPI - 2021
Done- Waiting for degree conferral 

AA Graphic Design - Penn Foster - 2010 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMcClary's post:
  • StudiousTraveller

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 720 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,552 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 304 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,637 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Yourpace admissions emcube 3 372 02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 324 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 911 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM
  Fall 2023 Graduates/Diplomas Chankosumo 9 1,034 01-27-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Claudia P
  Fastest UMPI YourPace degree with these credits RachelSG 4 962 01-24-2024, 05:11 PM
  Need help picking a degree for YourPace. SLHos 5 551 01-18-2024, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Duneranger