Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed Biology Another Science?
Missed by one point, but as the old adage goes "one inch might as well be a mile." Anyone have suggestion as to other possible means to obtain six hour natural science credit? Maybe the natural science exam?

Thanks for any suggestions.
A.S. General Transfer Chattanooga State 2009
B.S.L.A. Thomas Edison State College June 7, 2013
33 CLEP
18 DSST
Oh Frankie, I am sorry and sending a big hug. I failed Natural Science by 1 point at it is just an awful feeling. So, I did the opposite and took Biology next and got the hours. Natural Science is very passable and I know you can do it. I went back and reviewed my prep errors on the NS exam and applied a different study method to Biology. I used the REA prep for the BIO and was able to pass. The College Board practice test for this was most similar to the actual exam. I now wish I had used the REA for NS as well. Just don't be discouraged. Go for the Natural Science and pay close attention to the content percentages from the College Board description. If you need anything scanned, let me know and I will send along anything I have.
I would not sweat it , I would move on and try another test to substitute the fail with.
CCAF-AS Logistics Management
CCAF-AS Bio-Environmental Science
Cerro Coso Community College-AS Administration of Justice
Excelsior College-BS Criminal Justice-2008
TESC-BA Liberal Studies-2009
2 Different Bachelor Degrees completed in under 2 years!
bat21 Wrote:I would not sweat it , I would move on and try another test to substitute the fail with.

I agree. Smile I would recommend Natural Science. I am horrible at science, but passed the exam with a 55 after 2-3 weeks of study. Not the greatest, but I passed and am forever done with science!!!

I tell everyone this, but I recommend the Comex Natural Science Review for this test. You will definitely have to use some other study materials, but it is really good at providing a foundation for those of us who are clueless about science. I practically memorized the whole book... and it wasn't too difficult to do. Smile
~Brittany

From 0 to 120 credits in ten months and seven days because of CollegePlus! and InstantCert!!!

AHHHH!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!! Graduation, here I come!

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save." ~Zephaniah 3:17
Thanks for the encouraging words. I NEED THEM RIGHT NOW. I think I will pass on the natural science for now and take some other tests. I need nine more credits besides the natural science plus the residential requirements at my local cc to get that A.S. I am planning on finishing with EC, but right now I am thinking about how many hours I could test out of itstead of sitting in a classroom for twenty more hours. I'm just mad at myself for taking this test before I was ready. I felt like I needed some more time and I should have paid attention to myself.

Anyone on the board taken biology through LSU? I am almost ready to take the courses instead of taking another natural science test. THAT IS ALMOST.
A.S. General Transfer Chattanooga State 2009
B.S.L.A. Thomas Edison State College June 7, 2013
33 CLEP
18 DSST
frankiebleyes Wrote:Thanks for the encouraging words. I NEED THEM RIGHT NOW. I think I will pass on the natural science for now and take some other tests. I need nine more credits besides the natural science plus the residential requirements at my local cc to get that A.S. I am planning on finishing with EC, but right now I am thinking about how many hours I could test out of itstead of sitting in a classroom for twenty more hours. I'm just mad at myself for taking this test before I was ready. I felt like I needed some more time and I should have paid attention to myself.

Anyone on the board taken biology through LSU? I am almost ready to take the courses instead of taking another natural science test. THAT IS ALMOST.

I know your first reaction is to avoid science or take a class... I failed DSST Accounting about a month ago and that was my first reaction. I could still do the CLEP, but I didn't want to go anywhere near those books again... at least for awhile. Smile But I took a break, then hit the books again and passed CLEP Accounting on Monday with a far better score than I ever thought possible.

You only missed by one point, right? That means you're already about halfway there on the Natural Sciences! Just improve your biology a little and study the Physical Sciences. If you move on to other things and forget what you have learned, you'll just have to relearn it later.

You know best what you are capable of, but don't sell yourself short just because you took a test too soon. My advice is take a week or so to recover, then spend the time you need to pass Natural Sciences. It will be way less time and money than a class... and I am certain you can do it!
~Brittany

From 0 to 120 credits in ten months and seven days because of CollegePlus! and InstantCert!!!

AHHHH!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!! Graduation, here I come!

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save." ~Zephaniah 3:17
frankiebleyes Wrote:Missed by one point, but as the old adage goes "one inch might as well be a mile." Anyone have suggestion as to other possible means to obtain six hour natural science credit? Maybe the natural science exam?

Thanks for any suggestions.

How bout Race to save Da Planet and one other test?
EC - BSLS Finally done!
Went from 86 to 120 credits in six weeks thanks to IC and the forum.
Currently doing MBA pre-reqs.
Now BSLS + 9 credits
I know that your first reaction is to avoid any further science exams, but I believe that would be a mistake. You should plow right back into the material, and take the CLEP Natural Science. Here's why. 50% of the exam is Biology, which you missed by only one point. You were almost there. If you put it off, the knowledge you already got in there will fade. It will be that much more effort that you have to go over later.

But the Petersons.com CLEP Natural Science practice test. Take the first one. You'll probably be getting close to half of it right. Use IC and brush up on the Biology material again. Then go over the Astronomy notes, because that is also a small part of the exam. Read up a little on the other areas, and bounce back from this.

You are almost to the point of just getting the CLEP Natural Science out of the way. Even though now is the time you want to avoid it most, the best thing to do is face it head on.
[SIZE="1"]CLEP exams passed:
Management, Accounting, Marketing, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics

DSST exams passed:
Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Statistics, Management Information Systems

Earned:
B.A. in Business Administration: Technology Management from Saint Leo University

M.S. in Leadership: Business Ethics from Duquesne University [/SIZE]
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get this one. Keep your head up!!!
Old Rusty Pipe Wrote:I know that your first reaction is to avoid any further science exams, but I believe that would be a mistake. You should plow right back into the material, and take the CLEP Natural Science. Here's why. 50% of the exam is Biology, which you missed by only one point. You were almost there. If you put it off, the knowledge you already got in there will fade. It will be that much more effort that you have to go over later.

But the Petersons.com CLEP Natural Science practice test. Take the first one. You'll probably be getting close to half of it right. Use IC and brush up on the Biology material again. Then go over the Astronomy notes, because that is also a small part of the exam. Read up a little on the other areas, and bounce back from this.

You are almost to the point of just getting the CLEP Natural Science out of the way. Even though now is the time you want to avoid it most, the best thing to do is face it head on.

I think this is great advice. With NS, you'll get the most credit for your $, and you've already done most of the studying. All that's left is to review the basics of the other sciences.

Sorry to hear about your score- it's especially heartbreaking when it's only by one point. All the more reason to charge the NS exam! Big Grin
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkBlue"]B.S., Biology, Excelsior College
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CBE program for data analysis or data science? FreeAgnes 3 411 08-22-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Metropolia Open UAS Failed Enrollment? MissRN 12 1,599 07-31-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: cro-magnon
  Affordable Online Data Science and Programming Degrees from IIT Madras (India) OtterDen 3 521 06-21-2024, 08:45 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  AP Computer Science A homeschoolmom1 7 563 03-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 504 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  Offspring and Descendents Lead Singers On Why They Got Science PhDs Jonathan Whatley 9 2,049 02-16-2024, 10:37 PM
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 982 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 632 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  So long, computer science — Chaos Studies is the hot new college degree LevelUP 9 1,685 10-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
Information Coursera Bachelor of Science in Computer Science for $4k! nomaduser 19 5,095 09-16-2023, 06:32 PM