Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
European studying umpi your pace .
Hey, Every one 
I am from Pakistan I'm currently in high school I'm considering UMPI yourpace bachelor BBA PM& IS being an international student I want to pursue my masters in Germany or any EU country so I've been looking for some information regarding acceptance of Sophia or other AEC credits on bachelors transcript for masters program but didn't found anything specific ( If anyone got accepted with 90 AEC credits on the transcript please share your experience, especially in Eu ).
Otherwise, the next plan is to complete a whole degree in 2 years (due to financial reasons ) 5 sessions per year 4 courses per session =12 credits similarly 60 credits per year and 60 in the next year 120 credits and the degree is complete.

I've no job I can study full time so guys advise me on whether it is possible to follow this track.
how hard are the courses?

all of your opinions and advice are welcome I hope to get a great response.

Thanks!
Great initial post to get the ball rolling and starting the process of your educational journey. Please provide as short and simple yet complete and concise answers to the addendum and template, this is to provide us an overall picture of your scenario. The more we know about your situation and what you're looking for as an end goal, the more we can help you with determining your degree plan. My suggestion so far is to use both of them to max your credits... Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
How old are you? you said you're a high school student. You have to be at least 20 years old to be accepted into UMPI's YourPace program.
(06-26-2024, 10:50 PM)ss20ts Wrote: How old are you? you said you're a high school student. You have to be at least 20 years old to be accepted into UMPI's YourPace program.

I'm going to be 20 next year I just want to keep all my options open for abroad scholarships and especially my target is the EU currently (Germany). I don't know will those AEC ( Sophia or study.com credits ) going to be accepted or not for further studies I know in USA I can go with those credits but I'm specifically looking for EU.
Please review the info I mentioned earlier, if you don't provide us any extra details, it's like 'waiting' for help... when the help is waiting for you to provide those missing information. We need to know your budget, commitments, study habits, etc, and all that is asked for in order to help you better. Otherwise, it's like asking for coffee but not telling us what you need in the coffee...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-27-2024, 09:15 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Please review the info I mentioned earlier, if you don't provide us any extra details, it's like 'waiting' for help... when the help is waiting for you to provide those missing information.  We need to know your budget, commitments, study habits, etc, and all that is asked for in order to help you better.  Otherwise, it's like asking for coffee but not telling us what you need in the coffee...

Location: I am a Pakistani currently residing in Pakistan only Pakistani citizen.

Education background: only high school

External credits: no Sophia /study.com or AEC credits no military experience

Degree: I want to pursue a bachelor's in business administration with a concentration in project management and information systems.

Career goal: want to pursue an MBA from a well-reputed university either in the US or EU especially in Germany ( preferably on scholarship ).

Current job: no job full-time student 

Degree budget: 17000 $

Degree plan: want to complete my degree in 2 years without any external transfer.
                     5 sessions per year 
                      4 courses per session =12
                      1 year =60 credits 
(external credits like Sophia and other platforms can only be considered if they are accepted in Germany or the EU so if anyone got into any EU university for higher studies after umpi bachelor's please share your experience it would help me reduce the degree cost ).

Dedicated time to study:  I don't have any job I can study 35 hours a week my schedule is completely free I can be a full-time student.

Thanks!
In general, alt credit is not an issue for graduate program admissions. The exception would be for upper level business courses that are considered prerequisites for the program. Since you have to take 30 credits at UMPI anyway, it would make sense to take those courses there, in which case I would expect no problems.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(06-27-2024, 12:53 PM)davewill Wrote: In general, alt credit is not an issue for graduate program admissions. The exception would be for upper level business courses that are considered prerequisites for the program. Since you have to take 30 credits at UMPI anyway, it would make sense to take those courses there, in which case I would expect no problems.

I appreciate your response and thanks but I'm specifically looking for EU universities' acceptance towards those credits I know Us will not be a problem .
I doubt EU unis will care if you do gen-eds at Sophia. Most EU countries don't even have the concept of Americanesque gen-eds in their uni systems. You'll have to transfer in Biology anyway if you go down the UMPI route.
(06-27-2024, 01:08 PM)MuneebAzhar Wrote:
(06-27-2024, 12:53 PM)davewill Wrote: In general, alt credit is not an issue for graduate program admissions. The exception would be for upper level business courses that are considered prerequisites for the program. Since you have to take 30 credits at UMPI anyway, it would make sense to take those courses there, in which case I would expect no problems.

I appreciate your response and thanks but I'm specifically looking for EU universities' acceptance towards those credits I know Us will not be a problem .

Germany uses the Anabin database. If the University is H+ in Anabin you are fine. UMPI is. If it is H+/-, like TESU, the transcript will be more scrutinized including the sources of credit. For Germany, UMPI is fine as a place to get a degree. You can open Anabin and confirm this for yourself.

Some other things to consider.

First, check the requirements of the master's programs you are targeting. Since you mentioned Germany I use them as an example. Similar rules hold in e.g. the Netherlands and Austria.

In Germany, it is really common, in addition to having a degree, to see requirements like "at least 60 ECTS in XYZ subject, 30 ECTS in UVW subject, 10 ECTS in Stats", so on and so forth. Generally, German universities use the conversion 2 ECTS to 1 US credit.

Germans do 2 years of Gen Eds before starting a 3 year bachelor. The bachelor has no gen eds and only limited electives that are unrelated to your degree subject. Maybe one or two language courses.

With American degrees the Gen Eds are packaged up inside, and they are half composed of Gen Eds and electives. 

This means American degrees sometimes fall short of these rules about having certain number of credits in subjects relevant to the master's. It does not mean that American's cannot apply, it does mean they may need to take extra classes somewhere first.

With UMPI it is great to know this in advance, since you can add extra classes without paying extra tuition if you are inside a flat rate term. Or add additional relevant minors, etc. So make sure you know this in advance.

Second, MBA is not something you get scholarship for normally... at least not in Europe. It is a professional qualification, not an academic one. Usually the firm pays for it and it is very expensive. You may get a scholarship for the academic theoretical Masters in Management, Masters in Business etc. These are part of the normal academic offering.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Criminal Justice BA YourPace Program Completed slaterjack 10 814 2 hours ago
Last Post: Bunnies2012
  bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread bjcheung77 30 3,879 Today, 07:12 AM
Last Post: azmusic
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 32 9,326 08-23-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: BritStudent
  Update on My Journey to UMPI BAS and MAOL Hackingat40 0 314 08-21-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 321 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Language requirements at UMPI yc1981 9 918 08-16-2024, 11:08 PM
  Does Sophia's Approach to Studying Religions fulfill 5A? majic29 0 162 08-16-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: majic29
  Transfer cybersecurity minor/major into UMPI? Robson 11 658 08-16-2024, 12:03 PM
  Need help for UMPI YourPace Admission AnnaVu 6 678 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM
  ENEB to UMPI MAOL? ecdw94 6 534 08-16-2024, 11:24 AM