Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Easiest social science credits
Hi, quick question, what's the easiest social science course/test to take? No CLEP or DSST, has to be all online. I am a history buff so I figure I will go with a history class, but I just need any social science credit to finish out my associate's degree so I can get on track with a bachelor's. Thanks!!

BTW: I am considering doing study.com and taking 2 history classes.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

icampy Wrote:Hi, quick question, what's the easiest social science course/test to take? No CLEP or DSST, has to be all online. I am a history buff so I figure I will go with a history class, but I just need any social science credit to finish out my associate's degree so I can get on track with a bachelor's. Thanks!!

BTW: I am considering doing study.com and taking 2 history classes.

I would say the easiest is probably Study.com since you only need a 55% on the final once you complete all the quizzes at 100%. I have no experience with Straighterline though. The cheapest is still Shmoop, I believe.
Love Straighterline!!!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
Not a how, but which course: Intro to Sociology is generally considered the easiest. Available through SL, Study.com, CLEP, and others. Don't take it through Saylor though, as it's only worth 1cr there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
ndelcollo Wrote:I would say the easiest is probably Study.com since you only need a 55% on the final once you complete all the quizzes at 100%. I have no experience with Straighterline though. The cheapest is still Shmoop, I believe.

Signed up for study.com today thanks to your comment. Thanks everyone. I plan to take western history 1 and intro to religions, just in case. Will go to shmoop next if I need anything there.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

icampy Wrote:Signed up for study.com today thanks to your comment. Thanks everyone. I plan to take western history 1 and intro to religions, just in case. Will go to shmoop next if I need anything there.

The History 108 Vietnam course only has 39 quizzes. I felt very well prepared for the final and scored a 93%. That is the easiest course I've taken so far through them. I've finished 5 courses and am just waiting on test results at this point. The Intro to Religions wasn't difficult overall but there are a lot of weird words and names that could be confusing. The Western Civ I has like 170 quizzes.
Thanks! The intro to religions apparently fills a literacy at tesu, which is my reasoning behind choosing it.

Did you do the $70 add-on exams?

icampy Wrote:Did you do the $70 add-on exams?

Not yet, but I'm planning to as soon as Study.com posts the new courses on their transfer guide with TESU course numbers. I want to take the new Spanish course as long as it transfers in as a Gen Ed elective. I'm not very good with the transfer equivalencies so for all I know it may not be possible.
icampy Wrote:Thanks! The intro to religions apparently fills a literacy at tesu, which is my reasoning behind choosing it.

Intro to Religions will fill the Info Literacy or Diversity slot for the BSBA.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheap, easy graded credits for increasing GPA. Treach 9 876 09-05-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: karehiro
  Does any institution apply over 90 transfer credits? hlg38 7 756 08-24-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CBE program for data analysis or data science? FreeAgnes 3 422 08-22-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Transferring credits ecomony 8 442 08-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 218 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Affordable Online Data Science and Programming Degrees from IIT Madras (India) OtterDen 3 534 06-21-2024, 08:45 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Transfer Credits for Certificates 3ichael7ambert 9 928 05-30-2024, 08:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 22 3,108 05-15-2024, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Travellifter
  Best Options For Fast Credits harrypotter 11 1,080 05-10-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: harrypotter
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 2,262 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess