Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ding Dong, Osama is Dead
Osama bin Laden, the face of terror, killed in Pakistan - CNN.com
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

Maniac Craniac Wrote:Osama bin Laden, the face of terror, killed in Pakistan - CNN.com

I remember hearing Pakistan swear up and down Osama was not in their country.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
Yeah man I was thinking the same thing. Pakistan was hiding him for sure. They are sort of like the worst kind of frenemy you can have. They have nukes and claim to be supportive of the US in the war on terror but haven't done shit. Osama was in a Pakistani army bunker. That says a lot.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Maniac Craniac Wrote:Osama bin Laden, the face of terror, killed in Pakistan - CNN.com

Such good news. Great job US Military and intelligence!
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
ryoder Wrote:Yeah man I was thinking the same thing. Pakistan was hiding him for sure. They are sort of like the worst kind of frenemy you can have. They have nukes and claim to be supportive of the US in the war on terror but haven't done shit. Osama was in a Pakistani army bunker. That says a lot.

We are hearing that Pakistan is trying to wash their hands, saying it was a US only attack. That they had nothing to do with the operation. They are trying to avoid retaliation attacks by Al Qaeda.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
Hmmm... now why would they do that? Is the Obama administration clever enough to come up with a totally new bad guy to keep up public support for the next year or so?

Quote:Although the U.S. government was unaware of it at the time, bin Laden was already actively working against it.

Ahem, I have my doubts. Perhaps it's true, but I can hardly imagine the US government was actually unaware of bin Laden's anti-western leanings (and with the US at the head of all things western the natural conclusion would be... Right.)

Quote:Ramzi Yousef, would later be revealed to have close ties to al Qaeda.

I could easily be wrong again, but if 9-11 had happened in the '50s or '60s (maybe even '70s) wouldn't Mr. Yousef be "revealed to have close ties to Communists"?

Also, why has it taken over a decade to unearth this guy? He's one man against multiple nations (and who knows who all is/was against him in his own lands...). You'd think they could have worked this out sooner. But there I'm getting dangerously close to conspiracy theories, and I'd rather not go there (too much anyway). I prefer to just have a healthy suspicion of the government - whether it's republican, democrat, libertarian, or whatever else there is. Wink

Anyway, just my 2 cents. I haven't read anything other than this article about this moment in history, so I wouldn't call my opinion well-rounded. But I do think that there's some historical precedence here. I mean, c'mon! Think of the cliches "history repeats itself" and "there's nothing new under the sun." They wouldn't be cliches if there wasn't some reason to use them over and over and over again. Just sayin'.

I've done enough study recently about modern history to know that the US will ALWAYS need a bad guy (unless something incredibly drastic happens, and I'm not seeing that come about any time soon). If bin Laden is dead, who is going to be next?

I have my doubts that the United States' troubles with the Middle East extremists are really over. Bin Laden was just the international face and voice for them; they're still there. If any one of them has organizational powers, he could take control in no time. Of course, there might be more than one with organizational powers, and then they'd have to fight it out amongst themselves, which may, indeed, free the US from Islamic extremists for a good long while. Maybe.

Okay, I'm done now. Sorry, this moment appealed to my history-major-in-the-making. :p

EDIT - BTW, I have nothing at all against any branch of the US military. I think they're great, and I really appreciate everything they do to keep us safe here in the states. I'm a bit pessimistic about the government right now though (just read through Common Sense by Thomas Paine and a bunch of other stuff about what the founders intended by the Revolutionary War, Articles of Confederation, and Constitution...).
~ Laura ~
[SIZE=1]CLEP/DSST
--- 120/120 :hurray:
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature | English Composition w/ Essay | College Mathematics | English Literature | American Literature | Humanities
| Art of the Western World | Western Civilization I | Western Civilization II | History of United States I | History of United States II | Social Sciences and History | Astronomy | Introduction to Computing | Introductory Sociology | Introduction to World Religions | The Civil War and Reconstruction | A History of the Vietnam War | Western Europe Since 1945 | Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union | Introduction to the Modern Middle East | Environment and Humanity | World Conflicts Since 1900 ECE | FEMAs taken: 24 | [COLOR="Navy"]TESC FlashTrack course - "War and American Society."
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Officially graduated on September 9, 2011!!![/SIZE]
[COLOR="Navy"]Regardless of the politics and the intelligence, the souls of over 3000+ Americans (et al) who died on that very bleak day on September 11th 2001 may have some solace in knowing that the voice that led to their collective deaths has been silenced.

:patriot: [/COLOR]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Oh, yes! I certainly did not mean to come across as unfeeling to the families and people who lost their lives in the attacks. It was an amazing time in America; people came together and there was a revival, a remembrance, of the faith upon which this nation was founded. In some ways, while it was an extremely sad moment in our history, it was also a high point where we remembered Who to call upon in times of trouble. I wish now that we would remember to call upon Him when we're not in so much immediate trouble, and to thank Him for everything. I prayed for the families and individuals affected by the attacks, and I praised God for the courage of the rescuers and the passengers who averted potential attacks. I cried with the survivors.

Please do not interpret my cynical rant as being unfeeling towards those affected! I did not mean it that way AT ALL! I just think that Osama bin Laden's death might not be as great a victory as perhaps it is, by some, being made out as.
~ Laura ~
[SIZE=1]CLEP/DSST
--- 120/120 :hurray:
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature | English Composition w/ Essay | College Mathematics | English Literature | American Literature | Humanities
| Art of the Western World | Western Civilization I | Western Civilization II | History of United States I | History of United States II | Social Sciences and History | Astronomy | Introduction to Computing | Introductory Sociology | Introduction to World Religions | The Civil War and Reconstruction | A History of the Vietnam War | Western Europe Since 1945 | Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union | Introduction to the Modern Middle East | Environment and Humanity | World Conflicts Since 1900 ECE | FEMAs taken: 24 | [COLOR="Navy"]TESC FlashTrack course - "War and American Society."
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Officially graduated on September 9, 2011!!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku Wrote:...the souls of over 3000+ Americans (et al) who died on that very bleak day on September 11th 2001 may have some solace in knowing that the voice that led to their collective deaths has been silenced.
Hear hear! Justice has been done. :patriot:

Go Navy Seals!
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
Finally...
Set yourself goals, not limitations

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dead Teslas LevelUP 5 673 05-09-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: housecat
  Russian Spies stole identities of dead infants, possibly more bjcheung77 0 435 07-28-2022, 07:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is it that he's dead . . . ? Alpha 7 1,477 01-31-2021, 12:19 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Place your bets: Degree Info.'s return from the dead. eriehiker 12 3,548 01-01-2018, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Osama Bin Laden's wives are highly educated and some are descended from the profit ryoder 7 1,948 05-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Last Post: dcan
  Heath Ledger found dead in NYC BMWGuinness 3 2,092 01-24-2008, 09:50 AM
Last Post: killerkitty