Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Completion of PUG IT Excel Track in One Term - Capstone Duration Inquiry
Hey everyone, I've been checking out the course schedule and noticed that the capstone project is set to take approximately 10 weeks to complete. I'm eager to know if there's any possibility to expedite this process and wrap up the Excel track within a single term.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AdamLunar's post:
  • ss20ts
They've purposely set it so you have to do the capstone last and separately, AFAIK.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-24-2023, 05:16 AM)rachel83az Wrote: They've purposely set it so you have to do the capstone last and separately, AFAIK.

Has anyone here ever heard of someone completing an entire degree program in just one term?
Hi, just graduated from PUG with an exceltrack BS IT,
No you can't complete the program in just one single term, the minimum is two terms
If you finish the first term with only 18 credits left until graduation (+capstone, which means 24 credits in total), they could unlock the capstone for you in your second term, where you will have to do your 18+6 remaining credits
@AdamLunar, Nope, the fastest of the fast completed it in a timely two terms... there are no if, or, and, buts, about it... You can't force it to go any faster even if you had the energy/time to get it done.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-24-2023, 04:28 AM)AdamLunar Wrote: Hey everyone, I've been checking out the course schedule and noticed that the capstone project is set to take approximately 10 weeks to complete. I'm eager to know if there's any possibility to expedite this process and wrap up the Excel track within a single term.

Nope. It takes all 10 weeks and it's not ExcelTrack tuition. You pay per credit for it. You're not on your own with this class unlike the others in ExcelTrack.
As I understand, the capstone is on a fixed schedule, unlike the other courses, which can be done at your pace, so it takes the full 10 weeks.

Also, remember that the capstone is like 2 courses in one, so it's double the work of a normal course.

The least amount of courses you need to take at PUG is 8 courses if you max transfer your credits. 

The last 4 people on DF that did IT/cloud degree at PUG did it in only 2 terms, though how fast you go depends on how fast you write papers and do presentations. Expect at least 20-30hrs per week of studying.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(09-24-2023, 04:28 AM)AdamLunar Wrote: Hey everyone, I've been checking out the course schedule and noticed that the capstone project is set to take approximately 10 weeks to complete. I'm eager to know if there's any possibility to expedite this process and wrap up the Excel track within a single term.

I tried moving up the capstone to my first term of the BSIT PUG degree -- not even to try to complete the degree in one term, just because it fit into my schedule better first term better than second. No dice. I was told they do not allow students to take capstone in the first term, at least in the IT department. So unfortunately I know first-hand that it isn't a possibility.

(09-24-2023, 11:47 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Nope. It takes all 10 weeks and it's not ExcelTrack tuition. You pay per credit for it. You're not on your own with this class unlike the others in ExcelTrack.

That was once true for the BSIT, from what I've read, but it isn't quite accurate currently. It used to be you had to take capstone alone (with no other courses) in your last term, but now you can take it along side other Exceltrack modules at the Exceltrack price (I'm taking it with three other modules this term). The capstone is still a traditional class, though -- there's not an Exceltrack version of it.
Purdue University Global
in-progress: EdD in Leadership and Innovation (IT cognate), expected December 2025
completed: MS in Information Technology, March 2024

completed: BS in Information Technology (IT Management concentration), October 2023
[-] The following 1 user Likes walruspanda's post:
  • LevelUP
(09-24-2023, 09:16 PM)walruspanda Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 11:47 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Nope. It takes all 10 weeks and it's not ExcelTrack tuition. You pay per credit for it. You're not on your own with this class unlike the others in ExcelTrack.

That was once true for the BSIT, from what I've read, but it isn't quite accurate currently. It used to be you had to take capstone alone (with no other courses) in your last term, but now you can take it along side other Exceltrack modules at the Exceltrack price (I'm taking it with three other modules this term). The capstone is still a traditional class, though -- there's not an Exceltrack version of it.

I didn't say you took the Capstone alone. Capstone in ExcelTrack BS Analytics had to be the last course and you couldn't take any other courses with it. It was not included in the ExcelTrack tuition so it was quite a bit more with tuition and fees. It was a long 10 weeks for my husband! He had a weekly Zoom call that was required as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • walruspanda
(09-25-2023, 01:30 PM)ss20ts Wrote: I didn't say you took the Capstone alone. Capstone in ExcelTrack BS Analytics had to be the last course and you couldn't take any other courses with it.

Right, that's what I was trying to say (perhaps slightly awkwardly) in my post -- by alone, I meant at the same time as no other courses, not alone with no other people.

I'm completely with your husband that the Capstone is slooow going when you're used to knocking off a course every week or two in Exceltrack. And the weekly discussion posts and Zoom calls are for the birds. Based on this course, I'm sure my opinion of PUG would be much different if I were stuck on the traditional track. At least only five weeks to go!
Purdue University Global
in-progress: EdD in Leadership and Innovation (IT cognate), expected December 2025
completed: MS in Information Technology, March 2024

completed: BS in Information Technology (IT Management concentration), October 2023

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need advice regarding the application, duration and scholarships arnoldparrish 1 228 05-13-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Purdue Global BS IT - End of first term ClockworkHammer 42 7,460 08-30-2022, 12:12 PM
Last Post: ClockworkHammer
Information New ASU ULC: CIS 308: Advanced Excel in Business jch 66 10,278 06-30-2022, 02:32 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  SUU 'Speedway" Bachelor of General Studies Completion Program Petey43 5 2,280 03-26-2022, 02:26 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
Question Purdue Global BSIT internship instead of capstone? speedrunner 19 3,079 10-20-2021, 06:00 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - IT - Excel Track cyberjosh95 14 4,722 11-02-2020, 01:26 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  COSC, TESU, Excelsior Business Capstone Comparison Acam10 0 1,091 05-12-2020, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Acam10
  UL Capstone credits - quick newbie question trueblue 2 1,082 05-24-2019, 01:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore