Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Completing Patten Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Industrial & Organizational
Hi Guys,
I managed to transfer my Associate Degree to Patten and they gave me a block transfer.
60 Credits down. 60 Credits to go.

Then I also transferred 3 credits for "Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences" using ALEKS ACE Credit.

And I just completed "PSS100 - Academic Strategies"

Patten says: "You've completed 22/40 courses."

Patten allows me to transfer up to 90 credits, so I am thinking,
from the remaining 18 courses, which 8 I can do faster and cheaper elsewhere (I have to do 10 with Patten)

1. PSY322 - Personality Theories (Patten)
  2. LDR364 - Organizational Behavior (SL)
  3. PSY312 - Lifespan Development (Patten)
  4. PSY375 - Biological Basis of Behavior (Patten)
  5. PSY411 - Abnormal Psychology (Patten)
  6. PSY301 - Psychological Testing and Assessment (Patten)
  7. PSY476 - Counseling (Patten)
  8. PSY311 - Experimental Psychology (Patten)
  9. PSY403 - Human Sexuality (Patten)
  10. PSY422 - Psychology of the Family (Patten)
  11. PSY355 - Child Growth and Development (Patten)
  12. MGT303 - Management Theories and Practices (Patten)
  13. MGT313 - Business Law and Ethics (SL)
  14. MGT304 - Organizational and Business Communication (SL)
  15. LDR471 - Conflict Management (Patten)
  16. MGT410 - Human Resource Management (Patten)
  17. LDR481 - Principles and Practices of Leadership (Patten)
  18. LDR499 - Capstone (Patten)

I think I can do 3 with SL, so that leaves out 5 that can be done elsewhere.

I currently live in Sydney, Australia, therefore CLEP/DSST is not an option.

Any suggestions on online-only alternatives for the 5 courses?

So the questions are:
a. which 5 should I do elsewhere.
b. where can i do them?

Thanks.
Can you do any TECEP exams? Do they accept those? They are proctored online at home.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
There are lots of other options, it's just a matter of whether or not Patten will accept them:

UExcel - tests are given at Pearson VUE, they have testing centers in Sydney. The courses come on Excelsior's transcripts
TECEP - online at-home exams, courses are on TESC transcript
U of Idaho Independent Study has a lot of Psych courses
LowCostGenEd.com, Ed4Credit.com & Sophia all have ACE-approved courses, and tests are done at home
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
silentstorm Wrote:Hi Guys,
I managed to transfer my Associate Degree to Patten and they gave me a block transfer.
60 Credits down. 60 Credits to go.

Then I also transferred 3 credits for "Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences" using ALEKS ACE Credit.

And I just completed "PSS100 - Academic Strategies"

Patten says: "You've completed 22/40 courses."

Patten allows me to transfer up to 90 credits, so I am thinking,
from the remaining 18 courses, which 8 I can do faster and cheaper elsewhere (I have to do 10 with Patten)

1. PSY322 - Personality Theories (Patten)
  2. LDR364 - Organizational Behavior (SL)
  3. PSY312 - Lifespan Development (Patten)
  4. PSY375 - Biological Basis of Behavior (Patten)
  5. PSY411 - Abnormal Psychology (Patten)
  6. PSY301 - Psychological Testing and Assessment (Patten)
  7. PSY476 - Counseling (Patten)
  8. PSY311 - Experimental Psychology (Patten)
  9. PSY403 - Human Sexuality (Patten)
  10. PSY422 - Psychology of the Family (Patten)
  11. PSY355 - Child Growth and Development (Patten)
  12. MGT303 - Management Theories and Practices (Patten)
  13. MGT313 - Business Law and Ethics (SL)
  14. MGT304 - Organizational and Business Communication (SL)
  15. LDR471 - Conflict Management (Patten)
  16. MGT410 - Human Resource Management (Patten)
  17. LDR481 - Principles and Practices of Leadership (Patten)
  18. LDR499 - Capstone (Patten)

I think I can do 3 with SL, so that leaves out 5 that can be done elsewhere.

I currently live in Sydney, Australia, therefore CLEP/DSST is not an option.

Any suggestions on online-only alternatives for the 5 courses?

So the questions are:
a. which 5 should I do elsewhere.
b. where can i do them?

Thanks.

So, those last 5 can be in anything? Many of the freebie/cheap ACE options are gen ed types, or at a minimum lower level credits. I guess my question (in addition to the one already asked about what they'll accept) is what do you need?

Just for sake of keeping life simple, couldn't you stick with SL for the remaining 5? If you're already paying your membership, you could double up and do them at the same time, as to not add any additional subscription cost (just tuition cost of $50/ea which is really cheap). The other option is to go back into ALEKS and accumulate more of their maths. That's $20/mo and you already have an account with them.
Again- I'm just shooting in the dark without knowing what you need.

PS I want to commend you on doing such a nice job in presenting your degree plan and being organized! Seriously, very well done!
While this does not answer to your question, I want to say that a friend of mine who also studies at Patten, today, got awarded 3 credits for Patten's PHL263 Social Ethics using the free Ethics and the CPCU (2cr).
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
study.com with online proctoring has ACE recommended courses some of which are similar to DSST and CLEP. TECEP, ECE, Tor College Credits, study.com all offer abnormal psychology. ECE has HR management, lifespan development. ECE requires Pearson Vue test centers. Study.com, Tor College Credits, and TECEP can all be taken online.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
It seems like the OP has this worked out already but I thought I would post for the benefit of others.

Coopersmith Career Consulting has its Psychology exams approved for credit. You can sign up at Tor College Credits. Experimental psychology, abnormal psychology, and physiological psychology are particularly useful.

If in doubt, you can submit a ticket on the Patten website and get a quick response.
Associate in Arts - Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities - Thomas Edison State University
pursuing Master's degree, Applied Linguistics - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A new program in Colorado recognizes students who didn’t complete their bachelor’s de davewill 4 707 07-06-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Admission to associate/bachelor programs without a high school diploma David1477 10 1,014 06-19-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Planning way ahead and stuck on psychology licensure kmao2004 4 419 06-16-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Teen walks at graduation after completing doctoral degree at 17 lisarox 9 882 05-17-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 3,147 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 1,030 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 1,040 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 463 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 2,115 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  Do extended level 6 diploma's from the UK get evaluated as Bachelor degrees in the US Pinko64 3 902 11-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Pinko64