Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College composition vs College composition Modular
So I scheduled myself last Thursday to take the English Composition CLEP this coming Saturday. I did really well on the on the instant cert and felt it was a passable exam. While i was doing research on it, i noticed that the test wast replaced with college composition and college composition modular. I've tried to find the difference between the two but I can't find anything. Can anyone explain the difference? I want to avoid essays if possible because I'm not to good at them. Thanks everyone!
----------CLEP------------
College Mathematics--73
College Algebra--------68
College Comp Modular-58
Analyzing Literature----57
Intro to Psychology-----55
Precalculus--------------55
Spanish------------------50

----------DSST-------------
Fund of College Algebra-437
College Composition has two essays. College Composition Modular has no essays. Most colleges demand the essay version for it to count as English Composition. You can download the free study guide for these tests here. If you have any additional questions, PM me. Though I don't know if I passed yet, I took the test the other day, so I might be able to help.
Kyle
TESC Liberal Studies BA - 2011
New Charter University MPA - 2012
Georgetown University School of Law - 2016

BA in Liberal Studies - Degree Outline|

Galations 6:9 - "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
MAAlcantara1 Wrote:So I scheduled myself last Thursday to take the English Composition CLEP this coming Saturday. I did really well on the on the instant cert and felt it was a passable exam. While i was doing research on it, i noticed that the test wast replaced with college composition and college composition modular. I've tried to find the difference between the two but I can't find anything. Can anyone explain the difference? I want to avoid essays if possible because I'm not to good at them. Thanks everyone!

According to collegeboard.com :
On July 1, 2010, CLEP introduced two new exams-College Composition and College Composition Modular. These exams replaced three current exams, which have been discontinued:

* English Composition has been replaced by College Composition Modular.
* English Composition with Essay has been replaced by College Composition
* Freshman College Composition has been replaced by College Composition Modular.

Each college decides its own policy for the new exams, so check with your admissions office, test center, or academic adviser before taking a test.

You can either go with English Mod and take the essays and be assured it will work for your english requirement, or do some checking around and assure that your college will take CCMod.
If it is TESC, I believe you need the essay'ed exam. I was told CCmod (then frshman comp. and english comp W/O) would not satisfy my english requirement.
[SIZE="2"]graduated
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 172,878 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,766 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,033 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,345 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 7 624 07-23-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  College or university isn't what it's cracked up to be... bjcheung77 3 437 07-14-2024, 10:58 AM
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 758 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Next Frontier for College Sports: Cornhole Scholarships LevelUP 1 297 07-01-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 4 1,116 06-13-2024, 09:12 AM
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 22 3,384 05-31-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Thfuriene