Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling All Course Experts!!
[COLOR="#000080"]Hello Forum -

This list was sent to me by someone who is looking to complete their AS with EC; only a mere 21 credits are needed. At present they would like to complete their degree solely through couses (such as Penn Foster etc). I am looking for "coursework" suggestions that may indeed be similar to Penn Foster (ACE Reviewed) and also economical too.

Thanks all!!
[/COLOR]

Arts and Sciences Credits (30) + Additional Credits (30) = Total Degree Credits Required (60)

Credits Needed

TOTAL ARTS AND SCIENCES (30 SEMESTER HOURS) TO INCLUDE:

Written English 3.00

Humanities Core* 0.00

Humanities Distribution 3.00

Social Sciences/History Distribution 0.00

College Level Math 2.00

Natural Science requirement 3.00

Natural Sciences/Math Distribution 1.00

Arts and Sciences Electives 9.00

Total Arts and Sciences 21.00

ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (30 SEMESTER HOURS) TO INCLUDE:

Additional Professional Credits or Arts and Sciences 0.00

Information Literacy 1.00

Total Additional Requirements 1.00

* Humanities core requires coursework outside of writing in disciplines such as art, music and philosophy.
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I assume they have checked their local community college? Mine had a good selection of online classes, particularly in general subjects like humanities, natural sciences, english, etc. Most CC's are quite affordable.
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)
I second community colleges. The cheapest ones will be in your district and the second cheapest will be your state. The community colleges I've attended are cheaper than Penn Foster.
If ACE is acceptable, also consider StraighterLine, ALEKS, and 3 free NFA credits.

Edit: Nevermind on NFA; they are applied professional and this degree plan does not have room for any more.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
NAP Wrote:If ACE is acceptable, also consider StraighterLine, ALEKS, and 3 free NFA credits.

Edit: Nevermind on NFA; they are applied professional and this degree plan does not have room for any more.
[COLOR="#0000CD"]
Thanks for the info, however I have no real practical experience with either Straighterline or ALEKS. :confused:[/COLOR]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
ShotoJuku Wrote:[COLOR="#0000CD"]
Thanks for the info, however I have no real practical experience with either Straighterline or ALEKS. :confused:[/COLOR]

Okay, both are growing options that seem popular with members of this forum.

ALEKS is a self-paced way to earn credit in math. It uses artificial intelligence to gauge a student's level of understanding and provides a combination of lessons and assessments. It costs $20 per month. Excelsior allows 9 credits below calculus plus 3 credits in statistics. Here are the ACE-approved courses at ALEKS: ACE Credit Courses

StraighterLine offers a variety of courses, many fit gen ed requirements. As far as I can tell, they have a mix of lessons, quizzes, and tests. I think they are all self-paced, but some may also be available to take as part of a class with other students. I am also not sure if any proctors are required for any exams. One of the payment options is $100 per month plus $40 per course.

SL FAQ: http://www.straighterline.com/faq.cfm

SL courses accepted by EC, which may change as more courses are added to SL: http://www.straighterline.com/partner-co...elsior.cfm

Again, members of this forum have provided a lot of information about these 2 methods. I am sure they can answer questions about the individual classes offered, too.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Shoto, you don't have experience with SL or ALEKs! Smile
I love those two options and I believe sources of credit like those two are the future of education.
Continuous enrollment, high quality content, low cost, instant grading, friendly customer service, ACE approved. Gotta love it.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
ryoder Wrote:Shoto, you don't have experience with SL or ALEKs! Smile
I love those two options and I believe sources of credit like those two are the future of education.
Continuous enrollment, high quality content, low cost, instant grading, friendly customer service, ACE approved. Gotta love it.

[COLOR="#0000FF"]Nothing more than what I've seen/read here on the worlds best form for educational advice on how to complete your degree![/COLOR]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How AI threatens to make traditional college degree ‘obsolete’: experts LevelUP 5 1,186 10-20-2023, 07:21 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Calling all Excelsior business students! shoron 1 612 01-23-2023, 07:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Apprenticeship is the new unknown calling for some! bjcheung77 22 2,691 02-02-2022, 08:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Will you still need a college education in 2040? 6 Experts Explain Life Long Learning 6 1,340 01-30-2020, 04:39 PM
Last Post: hlg38
  Credit experts--Has anyone taken CLEP/DSST exams for credit at SNHU? charmander88 10 4,587 01-04-2017, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Shynepapin
  Calling all Tesc degree plan GURUS. You know who you are! managerman 9 1,011 10-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Last Post: managerman
  Calling All IT Pros...Need Info! marianne202 3 1,153 06-16-2010, 09:33 AM
Last Post: marianne202
  Calling Previous "Microbiology" test takers tyrell9 0 644 03-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Last Post: tyrell9
  Need 15 more Credits...Experts Please Help me Decide mikemustang289 11 1,957 12-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Last Post: mikemustang289
  Substance Abuse Exam-Calling in my chips! motuterry 7 1,822 10-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Last Post: ehetzel