Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8 credits for biology and chemistry
I know this is pretty obscure and won't help many people, but the community college I work for just posted our new CLEP guidelines. These had been hidden in someone's basement for only the privileged to discover, but now they are public. Confusedmilelol: Just kidding- but really, CLEP wasn't even in our college catalog.

They are awarding 8 credits for Biology CLEP - this is General Bio 1 and General Bio 2 with lab!

And 8 credits for the Chemistry CLEP - General Chem 1 and Gen Chem 2 with lab!

Now, honestly, I think they are crazy. They only award 3 intro biology credits for an AP exam score of 3 on biology, but hey, who am I to question their wisdom? :reddevil: Also, the big 3 only award 6 credits for either, and those are non-science major/non-lab credits. The way that my college is awarding them, these will count as SCIENCE MAJOR credits. For anyone who has poked around the science credit stuff, you'll appreciate the technical distinctions.

So, here is the link to my college- EICCD - Eastern Iowa Community College District We have online classes and you can complete a generic AA or AS totally online.

So, for someone needing those general science credits, this is a gift. Those 4 classes alone are going to cost me $3800 and 2 semesters of heck at Ocean...(unless I can figure out a way to launder them, which I am working on)

Anyway, hope this helps someone!
Question regarding transcripts.

If you send a CLEP transcripts to this Community College and they accept the credit and award you 8 credits of bio/chem, do they include it on their transcripts or not?
pyroandbozzt Wrote:Question regarding transcripts.

If you send a CLEP transcripts to this Community College and they accept the credit and award you 8 credits of bio/chem, do they include it on their transcripts or not?
>>

Not a plan. CLEP is somehow somewhere going to be shown on the transcript as a credit or exam. No one writes the class equivalency, so this wouldn't be the way to launder credit. If you did this and then applied elsewhere, that receiving college would simply ask for a transcript from The College Board and you'd be evaluated under your home college's policy. In other words, you can't fool your home college this way, because they will know you didn't take the class.

Laundering can generally only happen when credits are evaluated as blocks, as in articulation agreements. That's what I'm working on now...which probably won't be very helpful to you.

Also, the number of CLEP credits we allow toward an AA degree is right now unknown. But, when I find out, I'll share that number.
Hi
I am a physio and i have applied to FCCPT credential evaluation...i have to do any clep course to match their credit so i chooesed biology.i dnot knw anything about clep exam n how it works.i want to knw how long it takes to prepare for clep exam specially for biology.if some 1 can help me that will be really appriciated.
krishnadipal1 Wrote:Hi
I am a physio and i have applied to FCCPT credential evaluation...i have to do any clep course to match their credit so i chooesed biology.i dnot knw anything about clep exam n how it works.i want to knw how long it takes to prepare for clep exam specially for biology.if some 1 can help me that will be really appriciated.
>>

For sure check out the biology thread in the specific exam feedback folder- it is very very helpful!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACCUMULATING ACCOUNTING CREDITS for CPA - WHAT COLLEGE TO USE AND FROM WHOM? germ 9 2,814 09-27-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: turbotortuga
  Cheap, easy graded credits for increasing GPA. Treach 9 957 09-05-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: karehiro
  Does any institution apply over 90 transfer credits? hlg38 7 837 08-24-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transferring credits ecomony 8 456 08-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 234 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Transfer Credits for Certificates 3ichael7ambert 9 947 05-30-2024, 08:16 PM
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 22 3,158 05-15-2024, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Travellifter
  Best Options For Fast Credits harrypotter 11 1,144 05-10-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: harrypotter
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 2,323 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 3,048 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM