Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best value MBA
(08-08-2022, 01:44 PM)LevelUP Wrote: WGU
$3905 with a scholarship (one 6 month term)

Walden
$5130 with discounts  (2 terms)

GeorgiaTech OMSCS
$7000

I personally don't like OMSCS because
  1. High dropout rate
  2. It takes too long to do
  3. Won't help you get a job any better than other better options
You have to be careful playing the reputation and prestige game with education because, in the end, it will come down to your skills/experience and not the school's reputation when applying for jobs.

You are correct to an extent. Your ability to network plays a huge role too. Couple he prestige with your networking, and you have a recipe for potential success.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
@Pats20, the HAU MBA is at $3K due to a scholarship offering, it's not a special price for life... only a limited time offering.  I would couple that with the IMSM that costs a little more because it's coming from an amazing institution on par with BU or at least close to it.  I mean, having two Masters for the price of 1 at other institutions... you can't ask for more.  I would apply and get them both, slowly and surely, the IMSM is a one year program from a top institution.  Link: https://www.coursera.org/degrees/ms-mana...-financing
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-08-2022, 04:09 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Pats20, the HAU MBA is at $3K due to a scholarship offering, it's not a special price for life... only a limited time offering.  I would couple that with the IMSM that costs a little more because it's coming from an amazing institution on par with BU or at least close to it.  I mean, having two Masters for the price of 1 at other institutions... you can't ask for more.  I would apply and get them both, slowly and surely, the IMSM is a one year program from a top institution.  Link: https://www.coursera.org/degrees/ms-mana...-financing
That does give you two masters, and one from a fairly prestigious university. If I was 20 yrs younger, and using for career..yeah

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
(08-08-2022, 03:46 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote: You are correct to an extent. Your ability to network plays a huge role too. Couple the prestige with your networking, and you have a recipe for potential success.

Networking that's another topic to debate by itself.

Why You Shouldn’t Network In College (or ever really)

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ver-really
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(08-08-2022, 03:46 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote:
(08-08-2022, 01:44 PM)LevelUP Wrote: WGU

Walden

GeorgiaTech OMSCS
$7000

1. High dropout rate
You have to be careful playing the reputation and prestige game with education because, in the end, it will come down to your skills/experience and not the school's reputation when applying for jobs.

You are correct to an extent. Your ability to network plays a huge role too. Couple he prestige with your networking, and you have a recipe for potential success.
I know a lot of people who got to where they’re at by who they know. Not by what they know. There are a lot of dummies in big positions. 90% of the people who graduate from BU , U of I , Michigan , UT , Madison , ect that get great jobs aren’t any smarter than the guy / girl that went to TESU, or Cumberlands or Campbellsville. It’s who they knew. But they got to know them because of where they went to school.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pats20's post:
  • rachel83az
The networking thing is subjective. I got zero connections from my college days.
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
Top 20 school under $22k

https://onlinemba.illinois.edu/
  • Vle045
(08-08-2022, 01:44 PM)Ok LevelUP Wrote: WGU

Walden

GeorgiaTech OMSCS
$7000

1. High dropout rate
Omscs is a great program at a great price. It’s my understanding that it’s very demanding and students drop like flies.  
 A great deal and a great program isn’t so great (to you)  if you can’t make it thru it.
  • MrPanda
(08-08-2022, 05:46 PM)Vle045 Wrote: The networking thing is subjective.   I got zero connections from my college days.
I guess it depends on ones ability to network. I have made incredible connections networking through Duke alumni.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
I’m going to get lambasted for this, but the best *value* MBA for me personally would be ENEB. Why? Because if I were to do an MBA program, the only real purpose would be to put the initials after my name. It would serve no career or business purpose beyond whatever ego boost it gives me to add the initials.

Value is subjective to each individual.
In progress: TESU: BS CIS | Coursera: Google IT Support
Completed: TESU: BSAST Nuclear Engineering Technology (2004)
[-] The following 2 users Like TopHatWombat's post:
  • rachel83az, Vle045