Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best value MBA
(08-14-2022, 03:17 PM)smartdegree Wrote:
(08-14-2022, 02:40 PM)Sagan Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 03:16 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote: Value is in the eye of the beholder.

A really important point. The concept of "value" is incredibly subjective. 

As we know, the degree is only part of it. The education is also a part, and that is often overlooked in these discussions. Also, education can be broken down further into instructional content and instructional delivery. 

So, the money, the content, the process, and the resulting degree are all variables that must be considered in context, which varies with each individual. For one person, doing an MBA at a DEAC-accredited school might be the best option. For another, going to a highly ranked program full-time for a year or two might be an absurd choice. And everything in between and beyond.

These discussions are great for bringing out both information and opinion. But readers are advised to separate these two concepts and use them accordingly in their own, individual decision-making process.

I also agree that value will differ depending on person.  On the other hand, there are some absolute truths that would, in my mind, apply to everyone.  For example, illegal degree mills are absolutely not good as they disrupt the market for real education.  Also, I don't think there is real value in those $150k USC MSW degrees.
I agree. From a financial value anything
 From HAU to BU and Illinois and in between is prolly good. $3k -$25k is not that big of an investment in the grand scheme of things. I also agree value is subjective. From a financial standpoint (which was my original intent with this thread )  imo hau , BU , and Ill. Are  three of the best deals out there.
I was going to say that from my point of view, writing from Peru, I wouldn´t consider a good idea spending more than USD$ 12,000 in a master degree. Maybe USD$ 24,000 for a DBA. Considering income and...

But then I remembered that I father got an MBA, and a Master in Finance, both from the same Peruvian university, at around USD$ 27k each.

So, yeah, he believes there was value there, so, his choice.
While everyone's criteria and needs for an MBA vary greatly, I would suggest anyone in this camp carefully reviews their career goals and aspirations to ensure your best value MBA gets you where you need or want to go. Sometimes people want one just to get the knowledge (totally fine) and sometimes people want one to change careers (also fine). However, the best value MBA in both scenarios would be totally different. Scenario 1 would be fine going to HAU, but Scenario 2 should really be looking at PT/FT program so they can get networking/recruiting. In any event, I personally would want my MBA to at least have AACSB accreditation - bargains can be had at LSU Shreveport or UT Permian Basin in the $10-15K range. Just food for thought. It's a big decision and certainly worth considering.
(08-19-2022, 07:41 PM)Cowabunga Dude Wrote: While everyone's criteria and needs for an MBA vary greatly, I would suggest anyone in this camp carefully reviews their career goals and aspirations to ensure your best value MBA gets you where you need or want to go. Sometimes people want one just to get the knowledge (totally fine) and sometimes people want one to change careers (also fine). However, the best value MBA in both scenarios would be totally different. Scenario 1 would be fine going to HAU, but Scenario 2 should really be looking at PT/FT program so they can get networking/recruiting. In any event, I personally would want my MBA to at least have AACSB accreditation - bargains can be had at LSU Shreveport or UT Permian Basin in the $10-15K range. Just food for thought. It's a big decision and certainly worth considering.
You make some Great points worth taking into consideration. Also NKU has a AACSB for around $15k. With several specialization options including finance.