Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature ESSAY?? Help please!
Hello All!

I am new to CLEP and my first test I would like to take is Analyzing and Interpreting Literature. I studied for the test and was going to take it yesterday, however, when looked at the test that the testing center offered I realized that I would have to take the essay with it. I knew that there was an essay with some of the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature tests--just didn't know I would have to take it Tongue Anywho, I have postponed my test until Tuesday that way I would have a chance to practice my essay writing skillsSad

Does anyone have any tips for this test with the essay??? What are the essay questions usually about?? Please and thank you!
I took it last week and there was no essay. Upon setting up the clep exam, I could see that there were two options for the exam though, one with an asterisk showing that it included and essay and one without. I think it's optional for 6 credits instead of 3.
ZinLilliput Wrote:Hello All!

I am new to CLEP and my first test I would like to take is Analyzing and Interpreting Literature. I studied for the test and was going to take it yesterday, however, when looked at the test that the testing center offered I realized that I would have to take the essay with it. I knew that there was an essay with some of the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature tests--just didn't know I would have to take it Tongue Anywho, I have postponed my test until Tuesday that way I would have a chance to practice my essay writing skillsSad

Does anyone have any tips for this test with the essay??? What are the essay questions usually about?? Please and thank you!

There is an optional essay in Analyzing and Interpreting clep. However, that said I haven't heard of a school that requires the optional essay yet.
Its a really easy exam to get started with just be sure you know your literary devices and you will pass easily enough.
CLEP publishes the test and puts it out there. The school where you wish to apply the credit chooses if they will accept it and how.

the school where you signed up simply requires the essay portion to gain the credit at that institution. That institution will also have their staff grade the essay portion. They combine the grades and see if you meet their cutoff criteria for credit.

COSC does not require the essay portion to grant credit. Im nearly certain that EC and TESC don't require the essay portion either. You simply ran into a rule at the school who's testing center you chose.

If your using the credit at that institution....you gotta take the essay. If your just doing it to transfer to one of the big three, just explain to the testing center that the institution your sending the credit to doesn't require the optional essay....you should be fine.

My daughter just took it at the local CC. had to do the essay and the school still only allowed 3 credits for Lit 1000 (but it finished out her 9 hour communications requirement). If she were to later transfer to COSC they would grant the 6 credits....and not care at all about the essay.

So...it totally depends on the receiving institution. Good Luck!

Reb
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Definitely up to the college you are sending the credits to. But the vast majority I believe, if they accept it, will take the full six credits. The basic test does not require an essay and is worth six credits. I did however see one other poster on the forum here whose college required the essay as well as the multiple choice. 99% I believe do not, and the Big 3 definitely do not, they take the 6 credits from the multiple choice only.

If you are in doubt contact your school and ask them to be sure.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 1,931 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  Which essay sounds better? ChatGPT A or a Paraphrased version B? bjcheung77 5 974 08-13-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 12 2,661 03-15-2022, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  What the New York Times College Cancel Culture Essay Gets Wrong About Censorship LevelUP 2 875 03-11-2022, 10:52 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,811 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  "Chinese Literature in Translation-Poetry" at BYU-IS still available pws 2 1,198 12-04-2019, 05:07 AM
Last Post: pws
  CSU and compulsive Essay/Research papers Plancked 10 2,069 10-09-2019, 12:16 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Non-Western Literature - New course from study.com nosey561 0 1,060 09-19-2019, 07:23 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  English Literature CLEP , Any experiences 2L8 3 2,164 10-28-2018, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Dewm
  CLEP literature tests - 6 credit or 3 credit ConqueringCollege 7 2,092 10-04-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: alexf.1990