Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice appreciated
I think COSC doesnt allow u to do cornerstone and Capstone in 1 term. It must be in 2 terms
(03-12-2021, 05:14 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: I think COSC doesnt allow u to do cornerstone and Capstone in 1 term. It must be in 2 terms

For the BSLS, you do the cornerstone in the first half of the term, and the capstone in the 2nd half.  They have 16 week terms, but the courses are 8 weeks each.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • TINASAM
I would suggest continuing where you're at right now, do the Sophia.org courses that you can handle, as you have 24 RA credits at least, there seems to be an upper level course from that 4 year college if I am reading that number correctly.  You just need 30 UL RA credits from COSC, and 6 residency credits to be done at COSC (cornerstone/capstone).  

I also highly recommend the BSGS (Interdisciplinary) either in Individualized Studies or Liberal Studies, depending on your educational and professional goals.  Note: COSC has limited number of approved ACE (not NCCRS) providers... Link: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...ntrations/ and Link: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...ations.php and Link: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...r_inst.php

I highly recommend doing the CSM Learn, Sophia Lower Level/Study.com Upper Level combo
Note: Charter Oak currently has agreements with the following organizations:
AP, CLEP, CSM Learn, DSST, Saylor, Sophia, StraighterLine, Study.com
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • TINASAM
Thank you
(03-12-2021, 06:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I would suggest continuing where you're at right now, do the Sophia.org courses that you can handle, as you have 24 RA credits at least, there seems to be an upper level course from that 4 year college if I am reading that number correctly.  You just need 30 UL RA credits from COSC, and 6 residency credits to be done at COSC (cornerstone/capstone).  

I also highly recommend the BSGS (Interdisciplinary) either in Individualized Studies or Liberal Studies, depending on your educational and professional goals.  Note: COSC has limited number of approved ACE (not NCCRS) providers... Link: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...ntrations/ and Link: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...ations.php and Link: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...r_inst.php

I highly recommend doing the CSM Learn, Sophia Lower Level/Study.com Upper Level combo

My plan was to finish my CSMLearn, finish up the Sophia courses, Get a few of the Study.com's done and then when it adds up right, apply and do the corner/capstone.

I'm doing the Pierpont and a local certificate for now in the meantime of gathering credits.
Current Degree Programs:
MASS  - GSU - May 2025
MLM - Elmwood Inst. - June 2025

Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion  - UCA

Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors -PC&TC  8/2021
ASBA (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

(03-12-2021, 06:56 PM)TINASAM Wrote: Thank you
(03-12-2021, 06:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I would suggest continuing where you're at right now, do the Sophia.org courses that you can handle, as you have 24 RA credits at least, there seems to be an upper level course from that 4 year college if I am reading that number correctly.  You just need 30 UL RA credits from COSC, and 6 residency credits to be done at COSC (cornerstone/capstone).  

My plan was to finish my CSMLearn, finish up the Sophia courses, Get a few of the Study.com's done and then when it adds up right, apply and do the corner/capstone.

I'm doing the Pierpont and a local certificate for now in the meantime of gathering credits.

I would strongly suggest planning your credits well - you want to get those UL, and try to have them cover your remaining requirements as well.  For instance, you need an Ethics course - so why not take BUS 318: Management Ethics at Study.com rather than a LL one at Sophia, and cover both Ethics and an UL requirement at once?  Same with Global Understanding - you can take an UL business course like MARK 303: Global Marketing which would cover that requirement AND give you an UL business course for the concentration at the same time.

First - plan your concentration(s).  2nd - plan your UL. 3rd - plan your requirements.  Use things that can cover all 3 if you can, to make life easier.  Then fill in the rest of the plan with Sophia courses, then Study.com.  But the key is to PLAN everything, not just take a bunch of courses and hope they will fit correctly.

Also, I suggest doing the Individualized Studies concentration, because you can choose a liberal arts AND a non-liberal arts category to combine to make the degree.  If you choose the General Studies concentration, you have to choose 2 liberal arts concentrations, and those are harder to find in UL.  And it has to be more specific, it can't be "humanities" so you'd have to choose a subject within the broad "humanities" category, which is much harder to find.  Psych and Business are VERY easy to find via ACE, and "fit" together.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • TINASAM
(03-13-2021, 11:32 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 06:56 PM)TINASAM Wrote: Thank you

I would strongly suggest planning your credits well - you want to get those UL, and try to have them cover your remaining requirements as well.  For instance, you need an Ethics course - so why not take BUS 318: Management Ethics at Study.com rather than a LL one at Sophia, and cover both Ethics and an UL requirement at once?  Same with Global Understanding - you can take an UL business course like MARK 303: Global Marketing which would cover that requirement AND give you an UL business course for the concentration at the same time.

First - plan your concentration(s).  2nd - plan your UL. 3rd - plan your requirements.  Use things that can cover all 3 if you can, to make life easier.  Then fill in the rest of the plan with Sophia courses, then Study.com.  But the key is to PLAN everything, not just take a bunch of courses and hope they will fit correctly.

Also, I suggest doing the Individualized Studies concentration, because you can choose a liberal arts AND a non-liberal arts category to combine to make the degree.  If you choose the General Studies concentration, you have to choose 2 liberal arts concentrations, and those are harder to find in UL.  And it has to be more specific, it can't be "humanities" so you'd have to choose a subject within the broad "humanities" category, which is much harder to find.  Psych and Business are VERY easy to find via ACE, and "fit" together.

thank you for the course suggestions, I spent a couple hours mapping out some courses that I wanted to take, but I'm going to use your suggestions in the place of a few.

My RA credits, Sophia LL, Study.com UL. Take corner and cap at COSC.
Y'all have been really helpful and I appreciate it.
Current Degree Programs:
MASS  - GSU - May 2025
MLM - Elmwood Inst. - June 2025

Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion  - UCA

Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors -PC&TC  8/2021
ASBA (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

(03-12-2021, 05:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 05:14 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: I think COSC doesnt allow u to do cornerstone and Capstone in 1 term. It must be in 2 terms

For the BSLS, you do the cornerstone in the first half of the term, and the capstone in the 2nd half.  They have 16 week terms, but the courses are 8 weeks each.

Got it. Did not know that
(03-14-2021, 06:58 AM)Cofffeee Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 05:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Got it. Did not know that

I think you can't do the BSBA cornerstone and capstone in the same term, but I could be wrong.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tamuc & WGU planning advice onward25 6 111 21 minutes ago
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Degree advice pls starsfan33 2 50 1 hour ago
Last Post: starsfan33
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 6 201 5 hours ago
Last Post: davewill
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 251 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 543 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 11 1,190 09-08-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DSST testing advice (for beginner) audpants 2 192 08-26-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: davewill
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 18 1,346 08-26-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Seeking Advice on Pursuing an MBA for Career Advancement in the USA leop25 4 521 08-26-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Advice needed for Health Degree thethinker58 13 1,735 08-10-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: wow