Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC)
Mod edit: For Undergrad options, I've split the thread here:  $1350 Patten Bachelor

The DEAC has approved the already nationally accredited Patten University to launch a new division named the Elmwood Institute. The Elmwood Institute currently offers one program, a Master of Leadership and Management.

Tuition is currently listed as $25 per credit x 36 credits = $900 for the entire degree ($75 per 3-credit course).

Each course is completed within a 16-week term but is described as "self-paced." The start of each calendar month is the start of a new 16-week term, so terms overlap.

In addition to the 12 courses there is a comprehensive exam or an approved project.

A bachelor's degree or international equivalent is required for admission.

The non-Elmwood Institute main body of Patten University continues to offer several programs at more normal tuition, $330 per credit graduate level.

This Patten University is not regionally accredited. The name has a complicated history. A school named Patten University was once a brick-and-mortar institution in Oakland, California and once held regional accreditation from WASC, but in several asset sales it converted to for-profit online and then lost its accreditation. Later its name was acquired by American Graduate University. AGU then changed its name to Patten University while retaining AGU's own pre-existing national accreditation from the DEAC.
Very interesting find. I would of jumped into it if I was not already working on a doctorate plus working towards a BA in CS at TESU
It’s N.A. but at that price point I’ll eventually add it to my credentials and degrees
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
(07-19-2024, 04:55 PM)Jonathan Whatley Wrote: The DEAC has approved the already nationally accredited Patten University to launch a new division named the Elmwood Institute. The Elmwood Institute currently offers one program, a Master of Leadership and Management.

Tuition is currently listed as $25 per credit x 36 credits = $900 for the entire degree ($75 per 3-credit course).

Each course is completed within a 16-week term but is described as "self-paced." The start of each calendar month is the start of a new 16-week term, so terms overlap.

In addition to the 12 courses there is a comprehensive exam or an approved project.

A bachelor's degree or international equivalent is required for admission.

The non-Elmwood Institute main body of Patten University continues to offer several programs at more normal tuition, $330 per credit graduate level.

This Patten University is not regionally accredited. The name has a complicated history. A school named Patten University was once a brick-and-mortar institution in Oakland, California and once held regional accreditation from WASC, but in several asset sales it converted to for-profit online and then lost its accreditation. Later its name was acquired by American Graduate University. AGU then changed its name to Patten University while retaining AGU's own pre-existing national accreditation from the DEAC.

How/why so cheap?  Feels like I’m missing some sort of “catch”.
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • ss20ts
He is right that is the tuition
https://www.elmwoodinstitute.org/tuition-fees
Degrees In Progress:
Completed Degrees:
(07-19-2024, 07:03 PM)Vle045 Wrote: How/why so cheap?  Feels like I’m missing some sort of “catch”.

They likely had fairly low incremental cost of curriculum development and DEAC accreditation; they already offered a Master of Leadership and Management accredited through the main Patten. And I suppose a cost per student through the Elmwood Institute division not much different from the alt-credit providers, but with graduate learning objectives.
Interesting find and great price. Will be looking forward to see if anyone tries this.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • Vle045
(07-19-2024, 07:34 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: Interesting find and great price. Will be looking forward to see if anyone tries this.

For the price, I’m tempted to give it a try.  $75 is a drop in the bucket for a Master level class.
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
Would be a great alternative to someone looking for a cheap masters degree , better choice versus an ENEB masters (although the ENEB degree can be evaluated as a RA bachelors degree)
Degrees In Progress:
Completed Degrees:
[-] The following 1 user Likes newdegree's post:
  • allvia
Really neat find. One potential hiccup for some people:

“State Authorization
Elmwood Institute is licensed, authorized, or exempt in the following states:

Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington.”

https://www.elmwoodinstitute.org/accredi...-licensure
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 1 user Likes freeloader's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
I don’t think it would make a difference since it’s online ? I’m in New York my state is not on the list ?
Degrees In Progress:
Completed Degrees:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 3,298 758,760 25 minutes ago
Last Post: Pinko64
  University of Michigan - Master of Applied Data Science Team Rocket 2 310 10-12-2024, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  (Mostly) Free Master of Ministry in Pastoral Leadership TINASAM 23 3,070 10-08-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Bingbong
  Elmwood Institute MLM - My Experiences TINASAM 35 3,510 10-03-2024, 08:06 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  CLEA Masstercursos master course paddyqr 55 9,992 10-01-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Clubes72
  (NA DEAC) Free tuition Master Degree Penny15 14 1,874 09-23-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 31 13,692 09-23-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Geonho Lee
  Is Swiss School of management Accredited? soulblader 5 2,512 09-23-2024, 07:49 AM
Last Post: elbulk
  Smart.ly & WorldQuant - Initial DEAC Application bjcheung77 17 5,282 09-05-2024, 02:07 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 10 1,045 09-03-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32