Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
$900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) (/Thread-900-Patten-Elmwood-Master-of-Leadership-and-Management-NA-DEAC)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

$900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) - Jonathan Whatley - 07-19-2024

Mod edit: For Undergrad options, I've split the thread here:  $1350 Patten Bachelor

The DEAC has approved the already nationally accredited Patten University to launch a new division named the Elmwood Institute. The Elmwood Institute currently offers one program, a Master of Leadership and Management.

Tuition is currently listed as $25 per credit x 36 credits = $900 for the entire degree ($75 per 3-credit course).

Each course is completed within a 16-week term but is described as "self-paced." The start of each calendar month is the start of a new 16-week term, so terms overlap.

In addition to the 12 courses there is a comprehensive exam or an approved project.

A bachelor's degree or international equivalent is required for admission.

The non-Elmwood Institute main body of Patten University continues to offer several programs at more normal tuition, $330 per credit graduate level.

This Patten University is not regionally accredited. The name has a complicated history. A school named Patten University was once a brick-and-mortar institution in Oakland, California and once held regional accreditation from WASC, but in several asset sales it converted to for-profit online and then lost its accreditation. Later its name was acquired by American Graduate University. AGU then changed its name to Patten University while retaining AGU's own pre-existing national accreditation from the DEAC.

RE: $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) - newdegree - 07-19-2024

Very interesting find. I would of jumped into it if I was not already working on a doctorate plus working towards a BA in CS at TESU
It’s N.A. but at that price point I’ll eventually add it to my credentials and degrees

RE: $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) - Vle045 - 07-19-2024

(07-19-2024, 04:55 PM)Jonathan Whatley Wrote: The DEAC has approved the already nationally accredited Patten University to launch a new division named the Elmwood Institute. The Elmwood Institute currently offers one program, a Master of Leadership and Management.

Tuition is currently listed as $25 per credit x 36 credits = $900 for the entire degree ($75 per 3-credit course).

Each course is completed within a 16-week term but is described as "self-paced." The start of each calendar month is the start of a new 16-week term, so terms overlap.

In addition to the 12 courses there is a comprehensive exam or an approved project.

A bachelor's degree or international equivalent is required for admission.

The non-Elmwood Institute main body of Patten University continues to offer several programs at more normal tuition, $330 per credit graduate level.

This Patten University is not regionally accredited. The name has a complicated history. A school named Patten University was once a brick-and-mortar institution in Oakland, California and once held regional accreditation from WASC, but in several asset sales it converted to for-profit online and then lost its accreditation. Later its name was acquired by American Graduate University. AGU then changed its name to Patten University while retaining AGU's own pre-existing national accreditation from the DEAC.

How/why so cheap?  Feels like I’m missing some sort of “catch”.

RE: $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) - newdegree - 07-19-2024

He is right that is the tuition
https://www.elmwoodinstitute.org/tuition-fees

RE: $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) - Jonathan Whatley - 07-19-2024

(07-19-2024, 07:03 PM)Vle045 Wrote: How/why so cheap?  Feels like I’m missing some sort of “catch”.

They likely had fairly low incremental cost of curriculum development and DEAC accreditation; they already offered a Master of Leadership and Management accredited through the main Patten. And I suppose a cost per student through the Elmwood Institute division not much different from the alt-credit providers, but with graduate learning objectives.

RE: $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) - jg_nuy - 07-19-2024

Interesting find and great price. Will be looking forward to see if anyone tries this.

RE: $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) - Vle045 - 07-19-2024

(07-19-2024, 07:34 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: Interesting find and great price. Will be looking forward to see if anyone tries this.

For the price, I’m tempted to give it a try.  $75 is a drop in the bucket for a Master level class.

Would be a great alternative to someone looking for a cheap masters degree , better choice versus an ENEB masters (although the ENEB degree can be evaluated as a RA bachelors degree)

RE: $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) - freeloader - 07-19-2024

Really neat find. One potential hiccup for some people:

“State Authorization
Elmwood Institute is licensed, authorized, or exempt in the following states:

Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington.”

https://www.elmwoodinstitute.org/accreditation-licensure

I don’t think it would make a difference since it’s online ? I’m in New York my state is not on the list ?