Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
75% of credits
I have it mapped out so I can transfer 89 credits into the WGU BSIT.  This will require me to take 32 credits through WGU.  I read that 75% is the max they accept and anything over gets your application denied.  I wonder what possible back up I might have if I made an error and had too many credits to transfer into WGU.  Does anyone have suggestions for what online schools to have as a backup?  I have my A+, Net+ and Sec+ from comptia and soon will have the AAS BOG from Pierpont.
[-] The following 1 user Likes oram3189's post:
  • lynnii2
The worst case scenario where you accidentally have too many credits you would just have to request that they remove a course from your transfer evaluation.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • jch, origamishuttle
WGU will only place up to 75% or 90 credits into a 120 credit degree, you don't have to worry about what they do with the excess, it'll not be in the equation and placed under the 'other' classes field of acceptable transferred credit. Many people transfer well over 75% or 90 credits, they just apply ones that are applicable to the degree and max that out, that's basically it...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • jch, lucillegyl, oram3189
(02-02-2024, 12:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: WGU will only place up to 75% or 90 credits into a 120 credit degree, you don't have to worry about what they do with the excess, it'll not be in the equation and placed under the 'other' classes field of acceptable transferred credit.  Many people transfer well over 75% or 90 credits, they just apply ones that are applicable to the degree and max that out, that's basically it...

I have a similar question for TESU:

Will TESU put those excessive credits (I have a prior associate degree and a lot of Sophia/study ACE credits, so my credits might be more than 120) under the “other courses” category in my final transcript? Or will these excessive credits just not be shown on my final transcript? Thank you. Smile

BTW, I really love your picture of “I have to study”, this is also a very good reminder to me every time I see it.

(02-02-2024, 12:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: WGU will only place up to 75% or 90 credits into a 120 credit degree, you don't have to worry about what they do with the excess, it'll not be in the equation and placed under the 'other' classes field of acceptable transferred credit.  Many people transfer well over 75% or 90 credits, they just apply ones that are applicable to the degree and max that out, that's basically it...

The reason I am asking the above question is because that I recently learned from UMPI that they do not have a limit of transfer credits in their final transcript as long as I transfer those credits before my enrollment.
So it means that I can transfer all the RA/ACE etc. credits into UMPI if I want to, even if those credits are not related to my future degree.

But once I enroll in UMPI, UMPI will only allow those credits related to my degree to be transferred.

The advantage of the above UMPI transfer policy is that I can use UMPI transcript as a container which I can put all my credits into it. It might be useful for my future graduate application.

So I am wondering, does TESU have the similar policy or not?
(So far TESU BACS degree is the one I’d like to pursue most.)
TESU puts all of your transfer credits on the external transcript.
In progress: HAU MBA (2/3rds done so far) Completed: BA Economics | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
(02-15-2024, 09:26 AM)lucillegyl Wrote: The reason I am asking the above question is because that I recently learned from UMPI that they do not have a limit of transfer credits in their final transcript as long as I transfer those credits before my enrollment.
So it means that I can transfer all the RA/ACE etc. credits into UMPI if I want to, even if those credits are not related to my future degree.

But once I enroll in UMPI, UMPI will only allow those credits related to my degree to be transferred.

The advantage of the above UMPI transfer policy is that I can use UMPI transcript as a container which I can put all my credits into it. It might be useful for my future graduate application.

You can transfer credits to UMPI while you're an enrolled student. They will still accept courses that aren't required for your degree program to be transferred in. You can transfer 2000 credits to UMPI. The most that will be applied to your degree is 90 credits. Everyone must complete a minimum of 30 credits at UMPI and meet residency requirements which vary by degree. Some students transfer in far more than 90 credits and still don't have 90 credits  applied to their degree program because those credits don't apply to the what is needed to complete the degree. When it comes to graduate applications, they still want official transcripts to show where your courses came from. If you utilize financial aid, the transcripts are required as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLEP and CompTIA credits for BS in CS students? nomaduser 4 589 10-03-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  How do transfer (sophia.org/ACE) credits look on a WGU transcript for grad school? dan087 4 1,073 09-25-2023, 05:01 AM
Last Post: dan087
  More than 90 credits akr680 8 1,998 09-08-2022, 11:28 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Are 55 credits doable in 1 semester mohelena02 12 2,383 01-19-2022, 05:16 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Does WGU transfer credits from Onlinedegree.com? Vle045 2 1,721 04-14-2021, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Sophia.org Transfer Credits? diamonds 10 3,239 11-29-2020, 01:58 PM
Last Post: dbinghamjr
  Computer Science Where to Max Out Credits Before Enrolling at WGU diamonds 8 7,357 11-25-2020, 07:32 PM
Last Post: zilla
  GPA and Transferring Credits nosideedison 9 4,005 10-10-2020, 07:35 AM
Last Post: nosideedison
  WGU credits Mirsie 1 1,168 08-23-2019, 03:38 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  WGU, Straighterline or CLEP for credits? Jwheels27 21 5,611 06-19-2019, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Merlin