Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
University of the People Experiences
You don´t have Group Assignment Instructions at the BSCS (and maybe they don´t have it in the other bachelor programs), so I guess they haven´t configured it properly.

And yes, UoPeople doesn´t send digital transcripts:

[Image: Captura-de-pantalla-2024-01-19-161923.jpg]
(05-15-2023, 02:48 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Anyone take U of People MEd Advanced Teaching that has an endorsement from IB.org?  I was wondering how their courses are like for that particular program, it's the only NA IB.org endorsed program I think, it's the only degree from U of People that actually interests me, the rest don't yet until they get RA if they do get it at all...

I am enrolled in it. From the 4 courses I took, there was nothing actually specific to IB except for that they occasionally have you read some online pages written by IB about how "great" IB is. As a person who used to be roommates with IB students, and who has seen a lot of descriptions of their schools from students who have a foreign parent and thus got sent to IB schools instead of the country's normal local schools, I know that the stuff IB actually writes about their schools is reaaaally not accurate. I have no idea why IB endorsed this except for publicity purposes.

(01-19-2024, 04:22 PM)MrPanda Wrote: You don´t have Group Assignment Instructions at the BSCS (and maybe they don´t have it in the other bachelor programs), so I guess they haven´t configured it properly.

And yes, UoPeople doesn´t send digital transcripts:

Not sending a digital transcript is odd but fine. What is NOT fine is telling a student that an unofficial digital transcript - sent by the student themselves no less - will be accepted by a university admissions office in lieu of an official digital transcript. (This advisor also did not tell me to order a physical copy, btw)
Ouch, IB.org should be reviewing the content as well, not just having their name on the degree as a partner... I believe they've gone through a review process just like Sophia.org and Study.com, plus others have gone through the DEAC evaluation for their classes. I don't really mind that, as long as it's gone through some process of programmatic or secondary review...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
As an example of the one assignment I can remember that was entirely about IB, we just had to go to the IB website, read their mission statement and education philosophy on their official website, and then discuss it. We may or may not have had to discuss if some historical educational philosophy like from John Dewey directly related to that IB philosophy / statement. I don't mean to be rude but I felt more like it was a form of corporate brainwashing (like when you read job advertisements where McDonalds tries to tell you it's a fantastic life-changing place to work) instead of a way of helping us improve as teachers.

(01-19-2024, 03:42 PM)nykorn Wrote: My official academic advisor for the Master's... told me Uopeople can't send digital transcripts to any other institution...

I have just been informed by another student that this information is incorrect. To send a digital transcript: Log in to your main student account. Go to self-service forms > Request for Transcripts and Documents > Physical Copy > Click through everything as if you were going to order 1 physical copy, fill out your personal address, and then on the very last screen before payment there is a "hidden" option for you to send a 3rd party institution an Emailed digital version of the official transcript instead of a physical. The cost of a digital is the same as ordering a normal physical version ($15).
You are right, I had forgotten it. I once  sent a transcript from UoPeople to Olivet Nazare University. But I choose the physical option, just to try it, because I had already seen the email option:

[Image: Captura-de-pantalla-2024-01-19-182000.jpg]

I tried with "Special Shipment" and "United States" as the country, and it gave me a total of USD$ 55. But "Post" and "Email" are both USD$ 15.
This peer review :

[Image: Captura-de-pantalla-2024-03-17-010433.jpg]

[Image: Captura-de-pantalla-2024-03-17-010449.jpg]

Big Grin
This was the grading of a Learning Journal, LJs are graded by the instructor:

[Image: r-Sin-t-tulo.jpg]
Yikes! That is some harsh grading!
(03-17-2024, 01:07 AM)MrPanda Wrote: This peer review :

Big Grin

Good work but here’s your FAILING grade???????
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • ss20ts
(03-17-2024, 01:07 AM)MrPanda Wrote: This peer review :

Big Grin

I gave a peer review score of 0 after they copied and pasted the final assignment for the Google Project Management course word for word.

They must not have thought that I would check the internet for plagiarism. FAFO.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) No Application Fee LevelUP 2 104 04-25-2024, 08:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [Review & Advice] 9yeire 49 7,565 04-04-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Lifestyle Prescriptions University ADC2305 2 344 03-18-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ADC2305
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 425 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 6,037 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  University of the People - Fee Price Hike bjcheung77 21 3,659 02-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 772 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 463 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  Liberty University indigoshuffle 8 914 01-16-2024, 11:47 AM
  Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree goldendoodle101 61 15,651 12-14-2023, 05:06 PM