Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
University of the People Experiences
Aren´t we also waiting for name change?
[-] The following 2 users Like MrPanda's post:
  • allvia, ss20ts
Wanted to chime in as this is my 2nd week "instructing" with UOP. While it's been fine you are basically the plagiarism police in this role. It is serving the purpose of building my teaching resume but once I can get better gigs I'll move on.
COSC AS 2019 - completed
COSC BSBA 2020 - completed
Cumberland School of Law M.S.L 2022 - completed
UA - MS Hospitality Management 2024 - in process

#GOACORNS
#GOBULLDOGS
#ROLLTIDE
(06-28-2023, 09:07 AM)withrown Wrote: Wanted to chime in as this is my 2nd week "instructing" with UOP. While it's been fine you are basically the plagiarism police in this role. It is serving the purpose of building my teaching resume but once I can get better gigs I'll move on.

Do you see a lot of plagiarism?
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
The traditional plagerism is low but, I do see a ton of Chat GPT responses coppied and pasted. I understand that many students have a lesser command of the english language but it tends to get ridiculous.
COSC AS 2019 - completed
COSC BSBA 2020 - completed
Cumberland School of Law M.S.L 2022 - completed
UA - MS Hospitality Management 2024 - in process

#GOACORNS
#GOBULLDOGS
#ROLLTIDE
This week (1st week of the term), we got a message from the teacher, instructing about not using ChatGPT, and mentioning ZeroGPT.
I hope the teacher isn't relying on ZeroGPT. It has a habit of flagging papers, especially those from non-native speakers, as being AI-generated. Even when fully written by a person.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
And I tested a fully chatGPT generated text on ZeroGPT, it got flagged by ZeroGPT, but at 26%.
I was thinking ChatGPT could be a reasonable Tool for nonnative speakers. As long as they do the work and just have to correct for grammar. But I guess Grammarly could do that too. I used one of those GPT checkers and pasted in a paper I wrote for a previous class and one said it was like 30% GPT… but I know for sure it wasnt
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
I'm a student getting a Master's. The course curriculum seems good, my professors have PhDs, 20+ years of teaching experience and seem nice and helpful. This is the first time I've ever taken a class where the assigned reading literally provides every possible opinion on the opinion topic, truely well-rounded! No problems with my classmates so far, they're all already working in the field.

The administration side is more lacking. I submitted a name change document but my old name didn't appear in the "alternative names" section. I requested a special enrollment letter containing certain information so I could apply for a scholarship outside of UoPeople but never received a reply. I was told my BA was accepted and validated but months later on the first day of class got a notice saying I needed to verify my degree via WES USA before I could turn into a degree-seeking student.

In regards to classes my only complaint is I wish the assigned reading was an internal PDF or something. Instead I have to click on 12 external links, register for an academic pdf site to access the pdf, etc.
I haven´t had any administrative issue as a student, but my only administrative requests were related to processing transfer credits (I did it at 3 different opportunities), and those were managed in a correct way.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) No Application Fee LevelUP 2 116 04-25-2024, 08:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [Review & Advice] 9yeire 49 7,578 04-04-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Lifestyle Prescriptions University ADC2305 2 347 03-18-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ADC2305
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 430 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 6,047 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  University of the People - Fee Price Hike bjcheung77 21 3,668 02-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 775 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 466 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  Liberty University indigoshuffle 8 916 01-16-2024, 11:47 AM
  Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree goldendoodle101 61 15,684 12-14-2023, 05:06 PM