Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Source for Online RA Credit?(Outlier.org)
Lightbulb 
https://www.outlier.org/

Calculus 1
Intro to Psychology
Intro to Astronomy(Beta)
Intro to Statistics(Beta)

It looks like each course is:

$400

3 transferable credits from University of Pittsburgh

Full refund if you don’t pass*

Immersive, interactive digital experience

Multiple instructors per class

On-demand(lectures), anywhere

Flexible exam window

It sounds like a similar concept to the ASU EA courses which is really a great model. The price is pretty good for what they offer. At least it shows there is some innovation and competition out there.

Also, it looks like they offer a free course to front-line workers
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 5 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • doom, ISKBizz15, nomaduser, Pikachu, Rustydroid
Wow, I really like this program. University of Pittsburgh is a big name.
I will try this later on. Thanks for the info.
(11-20-2020, 10:59 PM)MNomadic Wrote: https://www.outlier.org/

Calculus 1
Intro to Psychology
Intro to Astronomy(Beta)
Intro to Statistics(Beta)

It looks like each course is:

$400

3 transferable credits from University of Pittsburgh

Full refund if you don’t pass*

Immersive, interactive digital experience

Multiple instructors per class

On-demand(lectures), anywhere

Flexible exam window

It sounds like a similar concept to the ASU EA courses which is really a great model. The price is pretty good for what they offer. At least it shows there is some innovation and competition out there.

Also, it looks like they offer a free course to front-line workers
Does ASU refund if one doesn't pass?
ASU does not refund you. But you don't pay that much to get started either. You only pay $25 to attempt a class for credit and, if you like the grade, you can pay another $400 to have it added to your ASU transcript.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-21-2020, 07:40 AM)Seagull Wrote:
Does ASU refund if one doesn't pass?

Not exactly.  But to take a course on a credit track, the only upfront cost is $25.  You pay an additional $400 only if you are happy with your grade.
I wish these were available when I was an undergrad.
When I was an undergrad, there was absolutely no opportunity like this. You had to pay enormous amount of money to mortar and brick universities to get any credit. Back then, they didn't allow you to change major easily... everything was far more difficult and inaccessible mainly to make educators rich.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nomaduser's post:
  • misskym
Just wanted to update that I don't think it's necessarily self paced. It looks like they have 7 and 14 week cohorts. It does sound like it could be a great program, particularly for calculus, which a lot of students struggle with(and I don't personally think the ACE options for calc1 are adequate for people who plan to study more advanced math afterwards).
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • Pikachu
I've known about this one for quite a while, it's not new.  And it's not self-paced.

But I'm glad to see they've added 2 courses.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I am curious to know if like EA/ASU, these do not go on a transcript if you fail or drop after the deadline?  Because if you fail and get a refund, but still have it on a transcript, that's not a good thing.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts
I could use that Statistics course for my community college and for TESU. I just applied for a free course. Thank you.
Psych and Stats are on Sophia which is cheaper. InstantCert has astronomy and psych as well. Both are self paced and less costly, but if you need RA credits, this might provide that.

(11-21-2020, 03:31 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I've known about this one for quite a while, it's not new.  And it's not self-paced.

But I'm glad to see they've added 2 courses.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I am curious to know if like EA/ASU, these do not go on a transcript if you fail or drop after the deadline?  Because if you fail and get a refund, but still have it on a transcript, that's not a good thing.

Yeah failing courses is not a good thing on a transcript. With Sophia if you drop the course, it doesn't appear on the transcript which is nice.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • nomaduser, Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are there any online colleges with recorded or live video lectures? whiverem 15 1,101 11-17-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: whiverem
  Other Brick and Mortar Public Univ's that Accept ACE Credit cdrob44 18 2,516 09-06-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Liberty University Online Degree plan LevelUP 3 1,221 06-15-2023, 05:47 PM
  What are the best online colleges? whiverem 10 1,225 05-23-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of North Alabama online BBA ReyMysterioso 2 800 05-15-2023, 02:45 AM
  Purdue Global Masters in IT -- certification credit walruspanda 3 981 04-18-2023, 12:53 AM
  Self-paced online that uses physical textbooks? pluggingalong 6 1,183 03-10-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong
  Age 55 and older discounts for online college? pluggingalong 4 833 03-06-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  online Web Development degrees pluggingalong 11 1,442 02-28-2023, 06:36 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Drexel University - Certificate in Leadership ($199 Online) w/Certificate attached Life Long Learning 23 4,464 01-10-2023, 08:48 AM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent