Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is TESU asking the impossible Re: TEEX credits?
It's been my understanding that you can group your TEEX credits OR you can have them put on your transcript individually but you cannot have both. Yet, I've received my latest evaluation back and it says:

Quote:11/05/20
Credit has not been awarded for courses TEEx-0250 and TEEX-0252 which are listed on your most recently submitted ACE transcript. According to the Credit Recommendation, addtional courses need to be completed for each course before credit can received.
To receive credit for TEEX-0250, the following additional courses need to be completed:
TEEX-0277, TEEX-2078, TEEX-0279
To receive credit for TEEX-0252, the following additional courses need to be completed:
TEEX-0284, TEEX-0285, TEEX-0286
=================================================================

Do I need to complain or have I been mistaken in how the TEEX Cybersecurity credits actually work?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I can share what I did.
I requested ACE add the course "teex 0278" on my ACE transcript (before acclaim/credly). TESU received that transcript and I got 2 credits for cyber ethics. It was placed somewhere for BALS .
I requested ACE add 0277. got that as a separate course. 2 credits. listed separately with cyber law or some name that I'm too lazy to double check.
no TESU credit is given for 0279 as course as it is "vocational"

Did you request ACE add the course 0250 by any chance instead of 0278?

Or, is it possible that something is odd in tesu system since they seem to have a typo with 2078 vs 0278?

double check what is on your ACE transcript first to see what course number was sent. You might be able to still work with ace and teex to get it the way you want. maybe. I mean we still have access to login at ace.

I have never understood the reason that those in other majors ask for the "old style" of grouping. So I'm not contributing to that part of the discussion.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Yes, I wanted the combined Cyber 101 and Cyber 301 classes, NOT the individual cybersecurity credits. The combined courses are CS/CIS courses while the individual ones are cybersecurity and ethics. I really don't need more GE electives, I need more CS/CIS credits.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
What does it show on your ACE credit registry transcript? Do you have a screenshot of what your TEEX ACE shows as? 
Hmm, Did you add the courses individually to ACE, all 10 of them, or did you just request Cybersecurity 101, 201, 301?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-05-2020, 06:01 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: What does it show on your ACE credit registry transcript? Do you have a screenshot of what your TEEX ACE shows as? 
Hmm, Did you add the courses individually to ACE, all 10 of them, or did you just request Cybersecurity 101, 201, 301?

I only requested 101 and 301 - I haven't finished 201 yet and am waiting for the whole Acclaim switchover now. I didn't add them individually because I was under the impression that this wasn't allowed by ACE/TEEX while also being able to get the grouped courses. Screenshot of the relevant portion of my ACE transcript below.

In ACE, it says "Students must complete TEEX-0284, TEEX-0285, and TEEX-0286 to receive credit for this course." but I thought that meant it just wouldn't get added to the transcript if those TEEX courses were not completed (that you have to finish 3 courses and not just 1). I know that there has been at least one discussion here on whether to add courses as a group or to add them as individual courses.

Attached Files
.jpg   ACE-TEEX.jpg (Size: 72.8 KB / Downloads: 65)
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
LOL, that screenshot shows you've done all the required sets of courses in each one... so, TESU made a boo boo, this should give you the entire 3 or 4 credits for each of these sets you have completed. Email them again, send them a screenshot you sent, and also send the screenshot of your completed TEEX courses individually. Just explain to them again you're looking for credit as a whole and not individually.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
That's what I thought, thank you! I just wanted to make sure that I was correct before I started an argument with them.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
agreeing with above. TESU made boo boo and misread the transcript.
and thanks for explaining why the old numbers. Smile
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Following the advice that rachel83az gave in a previous post, I sent TESU my "old-fashioned" ACE transcript on October 31 (last minute).
The day after I sent my current ASU transcript, although I have two courses yet to complete. Now both of my transcripts are on file at TESU.
I have the three TEEX combos on my ACE transcript and I'm curious to see what TEEX and my other courses will transfer in as.
I'll share the results as soon as I get them.
In progress:  TESU BACS [110/122]
  Completed: ASU Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]
Quote:Per the ACE website and the note on your file, you are required to complete additional TEEX courses to receive credit in transfer for both TEEX0250 and TEEX0252.

For the former, you must complete 0277, 2078 and 0279. For the latter, you must complete 0284, 0285 and 0286. Once all of this is transcribed on an official ACE document, we may be able to apply credit.

If you have any further inquiries about this, please direct them to the Office of the Registrar: registrar@tesu.edu.

What are they up to in the TESU office? Really? I sent them a response to check the individual courses that they're being stupid about and also copy/pasted the information myself about how if you get 0277, etc. you can't get the group credit.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 8 700 04-23-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 217 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 716 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 193 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 375 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 5,208 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 325 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 601 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 721 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 599 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM