Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents
A quick query, when signing up for some of the TEEX Cyber Security courses, they point out that they are only allowed for citizens or permanent residents of the US and asks you to click to acknowledge and confirm you meet this criteria. As it sounds like a lot of non-residents have done these courses, can anyone confirm they had no issues when it came to asking them to provide a transcript to ACE / Credly to obtain credit?

I never received credit automatically for Cyber 101, I'm just about to finish 201, I was going to finish all three and then request the credit, but it'd be a bit annoying if they point out at that stage that I'm not US resident.
In Progress:
Open University: BSc Cyber Security
Microsoft: AZ-104 Azure Engineer Associate
Google: Associate Cloud Engineer
AWS: AWS Solutions Architect Associate
Cisco: CCNAv8

Completed: 
MS Certs: SC-300, MD-102, AZ-900, MS-900, AI-900, DP-900, PL-900, SC-900, MB-910, MB-920
AWS Certs: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Google: Cloud Digital Leader
GIAC Certs: GSEC
CompTIA Certs: Network+, Security+, Linux+
LPI Certs: LPIC-1 Certified Linux Admin
Coursera: IBM Cyber Security
TEEX: Cyber 101, 201, 301
(02-18-2024, 04:09 AM)BritStudent Wrote: A quick query, when signing up for some of the TEEX Cyber Security courses, they point out that they are only allowed for citizens or permanent residents of the US and asks you to click to acknowledge and confirm you meet this criteria. As it sounds like a lot of non-residents have done these courses, can anyone confirm they had no issues when it came to asking them to provide a transcript to ACE / Credly to obtain credit?

I never received credit automatically for Cyber 101, I'm just about to finish 201, I was going to finish all three and then request the credit, but it'd be a bit annoying if they point out at that stage that I'm not US resident.

I received credit automatically.  Perhaps you should have followed up.  I don't recall having to click acknowledgement.  I took the courses at least 5 years.
(02-18-2024, 10:53 AM)Old Guy Wrote:
(02-18-2024, 04:09 AM)BritStudent Wrote: A quick query, when signing up for some of the TEEX Cyber Security courses, they point out that they are only allowed for citizens or permanent residents of the US and asks you to click to acknowledge and confirm you meet this criteria. As it sounds like a lot of non-residents have done these courses, can anyone confirm they had no issues when it came to asking them to provide a transcript to ACE / Credly to obtain credit?

I received credit automatically.  Perhaps you should have followed up.  I don't recall having to click acknowledgement.  I took the courses at least 5 years.

I think it may have changed since they moved over to Credly, but I'm not 100% sure.
In Progress:

Completed: 
MS Certs: SC-300, MD-102, AZ-900, MS-900, AI-900, DP-900, PL-900, SC-900, MB-910, MB-920
Credly change was only about 2-3 years ago, you need to send everything from TEEX to Credly after you complete the classes offered by TEEX, the WIKI info should still work if you haven't followed through the steps yet. I would do everything you can with the TEEX Cybersecurity freebies and then transfer those freebie credits to Credly and wait for it to arrive...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • lucillegyl
(02-18-2024, 12:39 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Credly change was only about 2-3 years ago, you need to send everything from TEEX to Credly after you complete the classes offered by TEEX, the WIKI info should still work if you haven't followed through the steps yet.  I would do everything you can with the TEEX Cybersecurity freebies and then transfer those freebie credits to Credly and wait for it to arrive...

My main query was the whole 'US resident' statement it makes on some of the courses - do they bother about that?
In Progress:

Completed: 
You're fine, I get people to ignore that message... As long as you're able to get into the classes and get the freebie credits, ignore that message. The same for when it asks for the SSN, that field is optional, and I never enter that into anything unless it's absolutely needed, skip that field and you're good to go!

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • BritStudent
The issue is that the Federal Government (DHS) provides funding for many TEEX programs. Part of that is the requirement that programs of a "homeland security nature" be limited to US Citizens and permanent residents. If DHS knew foreign nationals were taking the courses, they might order TEEX to take them down. It happened with online programs offered in Anniston Alabama and at Tulane, which are now strictly in-person courses.
I would also like to sign up for these courses, however during class registration it also requires, except from US citizenship, contact information (like mailing address and phone number) and personal information (like city and country of birth). As someone not from the US would I have any problems by entering real information or should I enter false information?
Enter in your real info, the SSN is the main thing that you can have that's optional... I have all my real info everywhere as long as it's for educational purposes for all ACE, NCCRS, and colleges/institutes, etc... An example, I have gmail, outlook, and yahoo which I only provide as backup email for signups (gmail and outlook are more for personal use)...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speed of Completion of Sophia.org Courses colonelcamp 5 211 04-26-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,518 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 1,035 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 470,366 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,968 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 327 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,065 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,118 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 608 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 342 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77