Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript
(08-30-2022, 01:46 PM)davewill Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 12:43 PM)Student3452 Wrote: My idea was to use my Sophia credits towards becoming a CPA. So I was thinking to get those credits on an official transcript so that I can use them. Would that work and if yes, what would be the best college to transfer them to? Thanks.

Yes, that has worked for some people here. It depends on your state, as noted above. The cheapest way I know to do this is to enroll at TESU as a degree seeking student (could be an associates or a second bachelors) by signing up for a 1cr TECEP (which you don't have to take if you don't wish to). That will give you a year to add credits to your transcript. You will be under no obligation to actually take courses towards the degree. They also have a $300 credit banking option that does essentially the same thing.

Thank you for your response. Do you know if this works for becoming a CPA in California and how much does TESU charge to transfer credits? Thank you so much.
I found the following thread talking about credits for CPA in California. It sounds promising to me. However, you would probably be best served by writing and asking before embarking on a large number of courses that might not work. You might also either try messaging the student or searching out more of his posts to see how he made out, or if he used any alternative credits successfully.

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid196871
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I am interested in transferring my ACE credits (Straighterline Sophia, etc) to TESU for them to show on an official transcript to become eligible for the CPA exam. I am not intending to get a degree - I just want my courses reflecting on the official TESU transcript. I would like to know what degree I would need to “seek” at TESU for this to work. Thank you so much.
(09-08-2022, 03:00 AM)Student3452 Wrote: I am interested in transferring my ACE credits (Straighterline Sophia, etc) to TESU for them to show on an official transcript to become eligible for the CPA exam. I am not intending to get a degree - I just want my courses reflecting on the official TESU transcript. I would like to know what degree I would need to “seek” at TESU for this to work. Thank you so much.

Assuming this works for your state, "any" degree should be fine. Even a certificate.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Note: I've merged the two threads in this sub forum together as it's on the same topic...

The easiest is to apply, add a degree to your plan, it doesn't matter which degree, I would choose the BALS or BSBA. When all your credits come up in the academic evaluation, you just then order a transcript. You will get 2 free evaluations, after that is done, you can always enroll in the Medical Terminology TECEP and get unlimited evaluations for the year, that is if you're going to be adding info to the credit bank.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-30-2022, 12:43 PM)Student3452 Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 05:04 AM)davewill Wrote: Ah, the old credit laundering idea. I'm afraid the answer is no, you can't trick schools that don't accept alternative credit into accepting it that way.

The idea can be useful for employers who want to see certain courses, and for some government or professional certifications which require credits like becoming a CPA.

As far as how to do it, some schools have a credit banking option for this purpose. You can also go ahead and enroll as a degree seeking student, even if you have no intention of pursuing the degree.

P.S. It's usually much easier to get help around here if you simply state what you are trying to do without beating around the bush.

My idea was to use my Sophia credits towards becoming a CPA. So I was thinking to get those credits on an official transcript so that I can use them. Would that work and if yes, what would be the best college to transfer them to? Thanks.

@Student 3452 - did you pursue this? What was your experience? I am in the same situation and curious how it works.
Hello, I have Sophia and Straighterline credits that I want to send to TAMUC for the competency program.  What is the best way to send them to get them accepted?  I have seen some mention Parchment, however that is not one of the choices in Straighterline.
My favorite search engine google.com
(08-30-2022, 03:07 AM)Student3452 Wrote: I have several courses completed at Sophia and wanted them to be on an official college transcript. However, I am not intending to pursue a degree at that institution. What would be the best way to do this?

Also, would the courses I transfer from Sophia to an official transcript be equivalent to taking those courses directly at the institution that issued the official transcript? Meaning, would the transcript have the same accreditation as if I took the courses at that college?

Thanks so much.
You're talking about credit laundering. Bad idea.
[-] The following 1 user Likes indigoshuffle's post:
  • kai1120
A friend of mine mentioned recently that he had an employee who needed 30 semester credits at a college or university to obtain his Funeral Directors license in the state he lives in.
What he did was have the employee take 9 Sophia classes, then enroll at Liberty. Then, the employee took 1 class at Liberty, and then submitted the transcript.

Apparently that worked out for them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speed of Completion of Sophia.org Courses colonelcamp 5 205 Yesterday, 06:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 119 63,578 04-25-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: gamebradie
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 513 04-24-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 947 04-23-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 8 715 04-23-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 152 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 569 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,504 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 224 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 811 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill