Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searching for Fire Science Credits
With the credit I've already completed at my local CC, and Sophia, I'm just about done with my GenEd's for a Fire Science Degree from Columbia Southern University. Does anyone know of any online resources for completing some of the Major Requirements or the Program Electives? I can't seem to find a resource for any Fire Science credits Online. Thanks!
B&M
Introduction To Computer Information Systems
French I

ALEKS
Intermediate Algebra
College Algebra
PreCalculus

SOPHIA
Art History 1
Environmental Science
Human Biology
Foundations Of English Composition
Conflict Resolution
College Readiness

https://www.apu.apus.edu/online-associat...e-science/

https://www.apu.apus.edu/course-schedule...tDirection=

I got an email from them last week
I guess it apples to everyone

Quote: Kick off the new year by earning your degree with American Military University. With perseverance and determination, you can take the next step towards your educational goals in 2024!

To help make your continued education even more affordable, AMU is offering 20% off on all course registrations made between now and January 31, 2024. Register for courses up to five months in advance and take advantage of this limited-time tuition grant* today.

Register Now

Have questions?

Contact us at info@apus.edu if you have any questions. Our admissions coaches are here to support you when registering for courses and leveraging your 20% off tuition grant.

AMU Admissions Team
info@apus.edu l 877-755-2787

* This tuition grant is available only to students who are currently not registered in a course at the University. Tuition grants cannot be combined and only one tuition grant can be applied per course registration. The tuition grant at the highest value will be applied. This tuition grant is not available for a course that is dropped and not re-enrolled into before the January 31, 2024, deadline.

still expensive, but not outrageously so
Sounds like a more expensive version of Columbia Southern that I’m already enrolled in. At CSU it’s 8 week classes at $270 a credit hour.
B&M
French I

ALEKS
Intermediate Algebra
College Algebra
PreCalculus

SOPHIA
Art History 1
Environmental Science
Human Biology
Conflict Resolution
College Readiness

well with the discount it comes out to $280 per credit

so not terrible if you find an interesting course there
Are you going for an Associates at CSU or a Bachelors? You can try transferring in all the classes needed from alternative credits and then complete the remaining classes from CSU. They allow a max of 75% transfer, 25% needs to be completed at CSU for residency, take classes that can't be found cheap or through alternative credit...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Just an associates for now. I have 33 credits from all my GenEd done. I can transfer in an additional 12 to bring me to the 45 credit threshold. Just trying to find a place to take the Program electives or Major requirements that’s more economical/faster. Otherwise I’ll just take them at CSU. All that’s left are fire science specific classes.
B&M
French I

ALEKS
Intermediate Algebra
College Algebra
PreCalculus

SOPHIA
Art History 1
Environmental Science
Human Biology
Conflict Resolution
College Readiness

Hmm, it's got 21 credits for the Major and 6 credits for the Electives, 28 are hard to find credits from their webpage listing here: https://www.columbiasouthern.edu/online-...re-science  

If you want, you can compare APU and their version, maybe take it there instead, they are slightly less at 24 credits: https://www.apu.apus.edu/online-associat...e-science/

Unless you can find them cheap at the community colleges, I don't recall many available elsewhere, you can look up the obscure WIKI link for any leads if any... Another option is to go for a similar Associates degree and do something closer to that subject at the Bachelors level instead.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 8 712 04-23-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 224 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 200 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 5,212 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 608 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 3,116 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 659 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  ACTFL no longer give ACE credits? Kab 16 1,413 08-10-2023, 04:41 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Can your Sophia credits be rejected when applying for a Master? ausernameisneeded 24 4,203 08-03-2023, 05:37 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Old ACE credits to Credly defscarlett 4 660 07-27-2023, 07:25 PM