Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Correct me if I'm wrong, but...
The way you guys talk I am studying way too much!!!
~*~ Rachel~*~
To everything there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under heaven.
Ec. 3:1

CLEP:
College Mathematics(6)--score 60
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature(6)--score 66
English Composition(6)--score 50
US History I(3)--score 63
US History II(3)--score 67
American Government(3)--score 59
Social Sciences and History(6)--score 58

DSST:
Introduction to Computing(3)--score 440
Management Information Systems(3)UL--score 406

ALEKS:
Beginning Algebra(3)
Intermediate Algebra(3)
College Algebra(3)

Straighter Line:
Intro to sociology
World Religions
Business Ethics
Western Civ. 1
Cultural Anthropology

To God be the glory!
Addicted2Extreme Wrote:Is it just me, or can you pass a clep with barely any studying. Hear me out:
Clep is pass/fail right? You need a 50 to pass, correct? If the scoring of a clep test is 20-80, that means all you need to pass is to get 50% of the questions, correct? I mean a score of 50 is smack dab in the middle of 20-80. I know we don't know exactly how tests are scored, but this seems to make sense, right?
I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, or if this applies to the CLEPs as well, but I found this link that tells how the DSSts are graded http://www.getcollegecredit.com/pdfs/exam-scoring.pdf. From what this is saying, you have to get a certain percent correct to pass each test; however each test could have a different passing percentage.

For example, for Intro to Business a pass is 40%-50% correct, but for Here's to Your Health you have to get 63% right is a pass. Still a passing score for each one is a 400. They do this so they can use a more universal score for each test. That's why the scale is 20-80 (200-500 for Dsst) instead of 1-100. So, say you take a test & study really hard and only get a 56, but another test you put in the same study effort and score a 70. The percent correct to pass on the 56 score test may have been 60% whereas you may have only needed 40% right to pass the one you got a 70 on. I think they factor in the pass/ fail rate and average grades of students that actually take the class to determine the percent for each test.

Anyway, I always recommend studying until you are comfortable with the material which depending on the subject, your previous knowledge, and memory may take more or less time than others. If I am paying $100 for a test, I want to feel confident that I will pass. I would rather overstudy than fail by a couple points and waste my money LOL!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If I'm at the right place, could be at the wrong time right? 29palms 0 844 09-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Last Post: 29palms
  something is wrong! STG 2 1,012 07-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Last Post: scorched
  What am I doing wrong? P00057870 20 2,448 01-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Last Post: taylor
  Okay, so I was wrong. I admit it. Tedium 5 1,148 08-23-2009, 12:22 AM
Last Post: frankiebleyes