Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wisconsin teachers
How about a 1976 Buick LeSabre - talk about a shaggin wagon, lol. that thing was a boat on wheels huge & ugly with a 350 gas-guzzling engine. Not exactly a chick magnet.
ryoder Wrote:Those kid will turn out great. Your son hates mowing and shoveling huh? Been there done that. It sucks. It will make him cherish the cash he gets from it and serve as a reminder as to why he needs to develop more marketable skills in the future.
As a kid I think its great but I don't want to be mowing peoples lawns at my age so thats why I am a software developer.

I bought my own car at 16, a 1982 Camaro Z28. Paid cash for it. That cash was very hard earned. Now the car was a major distraction and a money pit so I wouldn't recommend that to any kid but back in 1992 I was pretty cool for a hot minute Smile

That's awesome Smile I used to sooooooo want a Z28. I had my customized license plate all ready to go- it was going to say "C MY Z" aghhhhh those were the days.

My 16 year old wants a used Porche that's local and going for $8000. (no comment on that) My exact comment to him "so save up and buy it" we'll see if he has a change of heart once he actually is holding $8000. Funny how things look differently when you have to pay for them. I figure it'll take him no less than 1 1/2 years to stash away that kind of money. Confusedmilelol:

Ryoder- I'm sending you a pm, I have a software question for you.
A public union employee, a tea party activist and a CEO are sitting at a table with a plate of a dozen cookies in the middle of it. The CEO takes 11 of the cookies, turns to the tea partier and says, “Watch out for that union guy, he wants a piece of your cookie.”

and

February 22, 2011 - Bing West - The Colbert Report - Full Episode Video | Comedy Central

And now, some actual data:
Reason Foundation - Comparing Private Sector and Government Worker Salaries
Wisconsin public versus private employee costs: Why compare apples to oranges?

Just a little counterpoint for the Fox News crowd clearly dominating here.

"If you can describe your political position with one word, you're part of the problem." - Scott Adams
Pursuing TESC B.A. in Natural Sciences/Mathematics

65 credits in 3 weeks from A&I Lit 79; College Comp w/ Essay 63; College Math 75; College Algebra 76; Precalculus 63; Intro Psychology 78; Intro Sociology 62; Intro Computing 473; Personal Finance 451; Health 467; Management Info Sys 466; MCITP Enterprise Admin; MCITP Server Admin; MCITP Virtualization Admin; MCITP Enterprise Messaging Admin; MCITP SQL Server DBA

Remaining:
CLEP Human Growth & Development
TESC Global Environmental Change
TESC Artificial Intelligence
lol @ above comment: Unions have outlived their usefulness. Maybe if they spent less time picketing for erectile dysfunction drugs to be covered by their insurance the taxpayers of this country wouldn't be so fed up with their entitlement attitude.
jmed Wrote:A public union employee, a tea party activist and a CEO are sitting at a table with a plate of a dozen cookies in the middle of it. The CEO takes 11 of the cookies, turns to the tea partier and says, “Watch out for that union guy, he wants a piece of your cookie.”

I actually totally agree with this quote. It's a very good point. No, I don't support unions, but I also don't support CEO's. Greedy corporate types hurt us just as much or more overall than unions.

I do love Colbert too. Just saw him and Stewart in person in DC a few months ago at the rally Smile
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Now this is awesome! 11 year old with awesome feedback for teachers! bjcheung77 0 1,013 05-26-2017, 05:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Hiring 450 teachers, no education degree needed Mamasaphire 9 2,610 06-21-2016, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Oregon State looking for Comp Sci teachers Prloko 0 692 02-10-2015, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Prloko
  University of Wisconsin to Offer a Bachelor's to Students Who Take Online Competency IrishJohn 11 1,863 01-26-2013, 09:58 PM
Last Post: IrishJohn
  Are there any high school teachers here? marianne202 3 627 02-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Last Post: BrandeX
  Any teachers in here or people pursuing a B.Ed or an M.Ed? OE800_85 4 1,240 02-13-2011, 12:20 AM
Last Post: OE800_85
  OT: Appleton, Wisconsin? cookderosa 2 1,049 06-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Last Post: cookderosa