Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Correct me if I'm wrong, but...
*eyes are glazed over after reading irnbru's post* nod and smile, nod and smile.
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)
:eek: totally impressed with inbru's math skills...

Now playing devil's advocate. Here's a question for all of the CLEP/DSST testers:

When you first heard about testing out of classes, didn't it sound so easy? My brother tested his way through COSC years ago and when he told me about it, it sounded like it was akin to buying a fake diploma. (sorry.. that's honestly what I thought at first)

I still thought that this was going to be easy, even after I took my first CLEP in Spanish. My second CLEP was Humanities, which was SO difficult. I literally felt like I was going to throw up when I left. That's when it hit me: Hey.. maybe this testing thing really does force you to learn the material. It's not just walk in and pass. HOWEVER, it did take me a little while to realize this. If the OP hasn't taken a test, I could see how this sounds too good to be true.

While sites like BAin4weeks.com are very informative, and even though it's made clear on that site that most people can't do it in four weeks, I can see how someone would read it and think that it's easy. Not to say that OP has been on that site, it's just a thought..
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Also, if what you said is true, which it's not, but if it was then how do you explain the pass/fail rates of all the military test takers that are released every year?

Contrary to popular belief, in modern America the average service member is smarter and healthier than the average nasty civilian. A lot of military take those exams cold and some tests have a pass rate of like 8%.
MA2 Wrote:Contrary to popular belief, in modern America the average service member is smarter and healthier than the average nasty civilian. .

What about the non-nasty civilian? hilarious
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Well I certainly got plenty of food for thought here, thanks guys.
Math dude - I still have no idea what you're talking about, but thanks for the effort. I got the gist of it Smile
Ponygirl and the other chick that question if I have ever taken a clep - I state in my op that I have taken 4, passed all, and go into detail about college mathematics. Maybe you two should bone up on reading comprehension, I'm sure there's a clep out there that can help with that Wink
Addicted2Extreme Wrote:Ponygirl and the other chick that question if I have ever taken a clep - I state in my op that I have taken 4, passed all, and go into detail about college mathematics. Maybe you two should bone up on reading comprehension, I'm sure there's a clep out there that can help with that Wink
I so did not question if you had taken a CLEP, in fact I almost made a post just to say that *yes* you did take four. Then I decided that might be a little too smartass for my own good. Maybe it's your reading comp that needs some assistance :coolgleam:
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)
Addicted2Extreme Wrote:Well I certainly got plenty of food for thought here, thanks guys.
Math dude - I still have no idea what you're talking about, but thanks for the effort. I got the gist of it Smile
Ponygirl and the other chick that question if I have ever taken a clep - I state in my op that I have taken 4, passed all, and go into detail about college mathematics. Maybe you two should bone up on reading comprehension, I'm sure there's a clep out there that can help with that Wink

I guess what I meant to say is have you really taken a CLEP? Or were you just saying that? Wink

Of course, as I mention in my other post, there is a huge difference between taking one that you already know the subject matter and one that's totally new to you. I don't think testing is tough when you're familiar with the subject matter. It's when you have to teach yourself a subject from scratch that it's very difficult.
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
depends on what university is giving the clep...cuz here at acu its a 60
I did aleks and straighter line for stats and accounting and did Penn foster for finance because I thought I might fail the dsst tests. For those, I was learning from scratch. All the other cleps and dssts I have taken are already known to me from school and business experience so they were doable.
People think these are easy and they are wrong. I thought about doing them back in 1994 when i was a freshman and someone told me most people fail them but i was not told about the study resources. Of course people fail if they don't at least brush up on them. I wish I knew then that i could pick up a book at the library for free and clep out of history, humanities and a bunch of other stuff i took. But it would have taken real studying.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
PonyGirl93 Wrote:I so did not question if you had taken a CLEP, in fact I almost made a post just to say that *yes* you did take four. Then I decided that might be a little too smartass for my own good. Maybe it's your reading comp that needs some assistance :coolgleam:
Ok kiddo, ya got me, I confused you with Burbuju, my bad...

Side note- I signed up for IC, but I found that this board, coupled with:
Free Clep Prep.com
worked the best for me, and is free to boot.
IC had over 1000 flashcards to study for SS & history, for instance, which is preposterous imo. Free clep prep was much easier. Anybody else feel this way?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If I'm at the right place, could be at the wrong time right? 29palms 0 844 09-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Last Post: 29palms
  something is wrong! STG 2 1,012 07-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Last Post: scorched
  What am I doing wrong? P00057870 20 2,448 01-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Last Post: taylor
  Okay, so I was wrong. I admit it. Tedium 5 1,148 08-23-2009, 12:22 AM
Last Post: frankiebleyes