Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What am I doing wrong?
I love the seeing the new emoticons and cannot figure out how to access them, even though Lindagerr has tried to tell me. She says they are below the old smilies and I don't see them there. Then she said they were near the place where you can change the font, something about a blue A.

I can't see a place to change the font and don't see the new emoticons anywhere.

Any other suggestions -- they are quite nice.

Judy
Maybe I am missing something but aren't they just to the right of the message text box when you type your message?

cate
BS (UMUC) in 2010, 30+ years in the making!!

Intro to Computing 63
Astronomy 63
Technical Writing 62
Principles of Mgt 71
Principles of Marketing 68
Substance Abuse 467
College Math 56
Principles of Finance 425
Principles of Statistics 458

Exams: ALL DONE!!!!!!!!!!

GRADUATION--UMUC--MAY 15, 2010 (unbelievable)
P00057870 Wrote:I love the seeing the new emoticons and cannot figure out how to access them, even though Lindagerr has tried to tell me. She says they are below the old smilies and I don't see them there. Then she said they were near the place where you can change the font, something about a blue A.

I can't see a place to change the font and don't see the new emoticons anywhere.

Any other suggestions -- they are quite nice.

Judy

:hurray: :leaving: :iagree: cheersmate

Just kidding! On my computer when you quote someone there is a whole list of them on the right. Then there is blue highlighted text that says "more". When you click on it it brings up the rest of them too...good luck!
I will try to explain again. When I click on "Post reply" I get a new window. Below th basic heading with my Welcome, Lindagerr on the right.
it says "Reply to thread" in a blue line. Below that is "Title:" and under that is where I put the title of my post, below that it says "Message:" and under that is a light blue area that has all of the text and font formatting info including a smiley. Also to the right of where I am typing now is a light blue area that says "Smiles" and shows 15 of them then has [More] in blue.

I hope this helps
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
I'm doing more to block them than to try to find them. I don't know about you, but moving emoticons can be very...annoying (if occasionally handy). I've already used AdBlock Plus to do away with the vomiting one. I think the beer one's going next...

An old-fashioned person who punctuates IMs and text messages,
R. Big Grin
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
I clicked both on reply and quote. There is still the area for Title, Message, and to the upper right it says Logged in as...

Underneath this box I am typing in are Post Icons. Nothing to the right and no where that I can change font mentioned at all.

Under Post Icons is another box for Trackback, and underneath that are the two buttons to submit reply or preview post.

Underneat that Additional Options, which has in it Miscellaneous Options, then Attach Files, Thread Subscriptions, and Rate Threads. Then the buttons underneat for Submit Reply and Preview Post.

Not like it is the end of the world but wonder if I'm the only one who does not have access.

Interesting also that Ruddigore (and others) would like the ability to turn off.

Oh well. Life goes on without emoticons Smile
Ruddigore Wrote:I'm doing more to block them than to try to find them. I don't know about you, but moving emoticons can be very...annoying (if occasionally handy). I've already used AdBlock Plus to do away with the vomiting one. I think the beer one's going next...

An old-fashioned person who punctuates IMs and text messages,
R. Big Grin
>>

Boooo booooo booooo lol j/k
You don't like my vomit guy next to stats in my siggy?
Judy,

I wonder if your security settings on your browsers are not allowing them to display since some of them may be considered too harsh for your settings. I'm thinking it is your settings or the version of your software not allowing them to display. I see them, but I have to have loads of software enable to run JAVA, Flash etc to run my course videos etc.
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
cookderosa Wrote:You don't like my vomit guy next to stats in my siggy?
Actually, I can't even see him. AdBlock Plus has veiled him completely.

P00057870 Wrote:Oh well. Life goes on without emoticons
Judy,
Can you see the new emoticons when others post them? You could just insert them in your text manually (which should work if the "disable smilies in text" box isn't selected). Below is a list of IC's emoticons in two forms; one is a snapshot of what my emoticon window looks like (minus Sir Barf, of course), the other is a text document with all the raw data needed to create all of those delightful moving smiles. Big Grin

Hope that works for you,
R.

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">IC Emoticons.JPG (Size: 44.33 KB / Downloads: 5)
.txt   Less than 1 minute ago">IC Emoticons.txt (Size: 262 bytes / Downloads: 4)
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
cookderosa Wrote:>>

Boooo booooo booooo lol j/k
You don't like my vomit guy next to stats in my siggy?
You're still only at 37% on Stats??? You're slacking... Get to work! :reddevil:
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If I'm at the right place, could be at the wrong time right? 29palms 0 842 09-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Last Post: 29palms
  something is wrong! STG 2 1,011 07-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Last Post: scorched
  Correct me if I'm wrong, but... Addicted2Extreme 31 7,119 03-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Last Post: kimaya24
  Okay, so I was wrong. I admit it. Tedium 5 1,147 08-23-2009, 12:22 AM
Last Post: frankiebleyes