Thread Rating:
  • 30 Vote(s) - 4.03 Average
ENEB Master Thread
(05-13-2021, 09:05 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote: The way IEE explains it is really detailed and makes sense as to why they won't give it a Master's equivalent because they can't equate it as that for legal purposes since the "own" titles are unofficial.  A graduate certificate is a step below that but for the US, it is still at the graduate level.  With it being evaluated as a Graduate Certificate with 30 graduate hours, it is still practically a Masters equivalent.   Also, this will work for those who may want to teach business at the college level provided you already have a Masters in another field.

Yep. They would probably be evaluated as a PG Diploma if we offered them in the states, but this is all a really good sign for people who care for an evaluation Smile
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
LOL, IEE eh?!   Basically, I remember sending an email to all the NACES members asking them about the Spanish propios before I started and again after I completed the three of mine in August 2020.  I had favorable answers from most of them and decided it was a good idea just to get that learning experience and prepare myself for more academic/business writing assignments or projects.  

Below is a common response you will get from any of the NACES members before they try to answer you questions, many of them will ask you to do a "pre-evaluation" for $50 or so.  I had to email them a few times to "get more concrete" answers.  I love the fact that many of them will evaluate propios similar to IEE, ECE, WES and NARIC (UK), it's either a graduate cert/diploma, advanced Bachelors, or an unrecognized Masters (think State Authorized, not NA or RA).

Essentially, a Spanish proprios will not be for everyone.  There are many out there that offer ECTS, mention 1500 hours, and are cheap, easy, fast to complete but they do not partner with a recognized university.  Those who don't offer enough hours, much less ECTS (6 or so), or don't partner with an university charger cheaper rates than ENEB.   These are not grad certs/dips or true propios, they're just an intro course!

MyIEE Help <help@myiee.org>

Aug 13, 2020, 11:10 PM

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for contacting IEE and yes, we can help you with your evaluation needs.

We are NACES member, and are accredited to evaluate foreign credentials to be used for further study programs in the US to your college or university of choice, or for employment/immigration, and licensure purposes.

We offer Document & Course Reports that has clear & comprehensive description of the credentials such as lists each course on every transcript submitted, assign each course a U.S. equivalent grade and credit hours, and give the Grade Point Average (GPA).

We have a fixed rate for a specific evaluation service and not charge per degree. We encourage our clients to submit all of education credentials (i.e. masters and bachelors) for evaluation, at no extra costs.

Our normal processing time is 10 business days only. This evaluation timeframe will immediately follow only after we receive AND fully verified the documents for its authenticity. We also offer expedited services, please see details below.

Translations is one of the service we offer. For credentials in foreign language, clients can order a translation from us in addition to an evaluation for $60 per page.

Here are the descriptions of the evaluation types:

Document Report.

The Document Report will give the U.S. equivalent for each academic credential you submit to us (e.g. high school diploma, Bachelor's degree, transcript, etc.) It will notate how long you studied and give a short description of your program and its requirements.  This is often used for employment, immigration, and education situations, where transfer credit and a Grade Point Average (GPA) are NOT required.

Course Report

The Course Report will give the same information as the Document Report - it will indicate the U.S. equivalent for each academic credential you submit to us (e.g. high school diploma, Bachelor's degree, transcript, etc.)
   In addition, it will contain a section that lists each course on every transcript submitted, assign each course a U.S. equivalent grade and credit hours, and give the Grade Point Average (GPA).
   This is often used for employment, licensure, immigration, and education situations, where individual courses, transfer credit, and/or a Grade Point Average (GPA) are relevant or required.

For evaluation process, here's how,

First, it’s very important that you prepare the requirements specific to your country based on https://myiee.org/documentation-requirements.php before you place an order.

Once you have prepared the requirements, please fill out the application and pay here to place your order: https://myiee.org/create-account

Finally, mail us the requirements to the address below, please don’t forget to write your reference order number on the envelope. The reference order number will be given after you have completed your online application.

International Education Evaluations Inc.
7900 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, Suite 300
Charlotte, NC 28227

Should you have further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch and we will be happy to assist you!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-14-2021, 08:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: LOL, IEE eh?!   Basically, I remember sending an email to all the NACES members asking them about the Spanish propios before I started and again after I completed the three of mine in August 2020.  I had favorable answers from most of them and decided it was a good idea just to get that learning experience and prepare myself for more academic/business writing assignments or projects.  

Below is a common response you will get from any of the NACES members before they try to answer you questions, many of them will ask you to do a "pre-evaluation" for $50 or so.  I had to email them a few times to "get more concrete" answers.  I love the fact that many of them will evaluate propios similar to IEE, ECE, WES and NARIC (UK), it's either a graduate cert/diploma, advanced Bachelors, or an unrecognized Masters (think State Authorized, not NA or RA).

Essentially, a Spanish proprios will not be for everyone.  There are many out there that offer ECTS, mention 1500 hours, and are cheap, easy, fast to complete but they do not partner with a recognized university.  Those who don't offer enough hours, much less ECTS (6 or so), or don't partner with an university charger cheaper rates than ENEB.   These are not grad certs/dips or true propios, they're just an intro course!

MyIEE Help <help@myiee.org>

Aug 13, 2020, 11:10 PM

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for contacting IEE and yes, we can help you with your evaluation needs.

We are NACES member, and are accredited to evaluate foreign credentials to be used for further study programs in the US to your college or university of choice, or for employment/immigration, and licensure purposes.

We offer Document & Course Reports that has clear & comprehensive description of the credentials such as lists each course on every transcript submitted, assign each course a U.S. equivalent grade and credit hours, and give the Grade Point Average (GPA).

We have a fixed rate for a specific evaluation service and not charge per degree. We encourage our clients to submit all of education credentials (i.e. masters and bachelors) for evaluation, at no extra costs.

Our normal processing time is 10 business days only. This evaluation timeframe will immediately follow only after we receive AND fully verified the documents for its authenticity. We also offer expedited services, please see details below.

Translations is one of the service we offer. For credentials in foreign language, clients can order a translation from us in addition to an evaluation for $60 per page.

Here are the descriptions of the evaluation types:

Document Report.

The Document Report will give the U.S. equivalent for each academic credential you submit to us (e.g. high school diploma, Bachelor's degree, transcript, etc.) It will notate how long you studied and give a short description of your program and its requirements.  This is often used for employment, immigration, and education situations, where transfer credit and a Grade Point Average (GPA) are NOT required.

Course Report

The Course Report will give the same information as the Document Report - it will indicate the U.S. equivalent for each academic credential you submit to us (e.g. high school diploma, Bachelor's degree, transcript, etc.)
   In addition, it will contain a section that lists each course on every transcript submitted, assign each course a U.S. equivalent grade and credit hours, and give the Grade Point Average (GPA).
   This is often used for employment, licensure, immigration, and education situations, where individual courses, transfer credit, and/or a Grade Point Average (GPA) are relevant or required.

For evaluation process, here's how,

First, it’s very important that you prepare the requirements specific to your country based on https://myiee.org/documentation-requirements.php before you place an order.

Once you have prepared the requirements, please fill out the application and pay here to place your order: https://myiee.org/create-account

Finally, mail us the requirements to the address below, please don’t forget to write your reference order number on the envelope. The reference order number will be given after you have completed your online application.

International Education Evaluations Inc.
7900 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, Suite 300
Charlotte, NC 28227

Should you have further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch and we will be happy to assist you!

That is a similar message to what i received from Foundation for International Services.  They don't want to answer your question without a pre-evaluation but since I came with a lot of research on Master propio as well as other evaluations received from different evaluation companies, IEE gave me the likelihood of it being evaluated as a Graduate Certificate.  Ironically,   every evaluation that comes out less than a Masters is considered accredited but once it is evaluated as a Masters it is non-accredited or unrecognized. In theory, this is likely why they are offering MCA Business School validation so that they can attempt to top off ENEB as an accredited Masters since state-authorized school degrees are considered official and the certification of their courses through Isabel I cannot grant an official Masters. If some of the evaluators accept validation degrees, it is essentially possible that they could equate it to a accredited Masters or something practically equivalent with a halfhearted explanation like "Masters degree from a non-accredited institution authorized to award degrees with recommendation of transferable credits due to certification by a regionally accredited school."
(05-15-2021, 03:17 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote: That is a similar message to what i received from Foundation for International Services.  They don't want to answer your question without a pre-evaluation but since I came with a lot of research on Master propio as well as other evaluations received from different evaluation companies, IEE gave me the likelihood of it being evaluated as a Graduate Certificate.  Ironically,   every evaluation that comes out less than a Masters is considered accredited but once it is evaluated as a Masters it is non-accredited or unrecognized.  In theory, this is likely why they are offering MCA Business School validation so that they can attempt to top off ENEB as an accredited Masters since state-authorized school degrees are considered official and the certification of their courses through Isabel I cannot grant an official Masters.   If some of the evaluators accept validation degrees, it is essentially possible that they could equate it to a accredited Masters or something practically equivalent with a halfhearted explanation like "Masters degree from a non-accredited institution authorized to award degrees with recommendation of transferable credits due to certification by a regionally accredited school."

I'm curious when they'll set up a validation agreement with a DEAC school in the US for a $500 or so fee per program. Expensive, sure, but many of the DEAC schools would love to get easy money and only need to validate a program

(05-15-2021, 06:01 PM)Thorne Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 03:17 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote: That is a similar message to what i received from Foundation for International Services.  They don't want to answer your question without a pre-evaluation but since I came with a lot of research on Master propio as well as other evaluations received from different evaluation companies, IEE gave me the likelihood of it being evaluated as a Graduate Certificate.  Ironically,   every evaluation that comes out less than a Masters is considered accredited but once it is evaluated as a Masters it is non-accredited or unrecognized.  In theory, this is likely why they are offering MCA Business School validation so that they can attempt to top off ENEB as an accredited Masters since state-authorized school degrees are considered official and the certification of their courses through Isabel I cannot grant an official Masters.   If some of the evaluators accept validation degrees, it is essentially possible that they could equate it to a accredited Masters or something practically equivalent with a halfhearted explanation like "Masters degree from a non-accredited institution authorized to award degrees with recommendation of transferable credits due to certification by a regionally accredited school."

I'm curious when they'll set up a validation agreement with a DEAC school in the US for a $500 or so fee per program. Expensive, sure, but many of the DEAC schools would love to get easy money and only need to validate a program

We don't have that type of system in the U.S.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(05-15-2021, 06:48 PM)sanantone Wrote:

Not yet, we don't.

Doesn't mean it can't be attempted. Schools have lots of weird articulation practices, accepting ACE credits or blanket transferring an Associate's to cover all gen-eds even if the Associate's doesn't include gen-eds (in the case of AAS degrees). Lots of schools in the US also outsource their course development to a handful of companies. Who's to say that we won't see a validation scheme at some point in the near future that utilizes the outsourcing practice to an extreme?

(05-15-2021, 06:54 PM)Thorne Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 06:48 PM)sanantone Wrote:

Not yet, we don't.

Doesn't mean it can't be attempted. Schools have lots of weird articulation practices, accepting ACE credits or blanket transferring an Associate's to cover all gen-eds even if the Associate's doesn't include gen-eds (in the case of AAS degrees). Lots of schools in the US also outsource their course development to a handful of companies. Who's to say that we won't see a validation scheme at some point in the near future that utilizes the outsourcing practice to an extreme?

In some other countries, schools are given the authority to do this. In the U.S., we rely upon independent accrediting agencies, and they are legitimized by the federal government. Unless these accrediting bodies give schools the authority to extend their accreditation to third parties, degree validation could be meaningless at best or lead to accreditation actions at worst. Accreditors require accredited schools to get new degree programs approved; I doubt they'll let schools use their accredited status to validate degrees from unaccredited entities.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I doubt the DEAC will allow it. I seem to recall a DEAC rule for minimum credit residency. If that's still in effect, this wouldn't qualify. They (the U.S. school) would have to set up a new program for that which too would have to be approved by the DEAC, but given U.S. tuition costs it would defeat the purpose ENEB currently fulfills.
I found this
"Equivalency Evaluation via U.S. College

Running your bachelor’s degree or foreign degree via an accredited tertiary institution (college or university) is one way to validate your bachelor’s degree from a foreign country is garnering an assessment from an accredited U.S. college or university. Here, you will be receiving an assessment from an officer or personnel within the institution who has the power to offer you university-level credit for practice or training within your field of specialization. Of course, this assessment should come from a prominent university or college, if not for anything, for the sake of accountability if anything goes wrong. Well recognized schools have better success rates so, no worries there. This evaluation or validation is carried out based on your training and/or work experience."
How to validate foreign degree in USA | USCES.org | Foreign Credential Evaluation Services

I don't know anyone who has ever done this but it would seem to be a possibility.
(05-15-2021, 08:01 PM)Alpha Wrote: I found this
"Equivalency Evaluation via U.S. College

Running your bachelor’s degree or foreign degree via an accredited tertiary institution (college or university) is one way to validate your bachelor’s degree from a foreign country is garnering an assessment from an accredited U.S. college or university. Here, you will be receiving an assessment from an officer or personnel within the institution who has the power to offer you university-level credit for practice or training within your field of specialization. Of course, this assessment should come from a prominent university or college, if not for anything, for the sake of accountability if anything goes wrong. Well recognized schools have better success rates so, no worries there. This evaluation or validation is carried out based on your training and/or work experience."
How to validate foreign degree in USA | USCES.org | Foreign Credential Evaluation Services

I don't know anyone who has ever done this but it would seem to be a possibility.

This is practically done by colleges such as TESU, Excelsior, etc. that allow massive transfer of credit from ACE and other approved alternative credit providers with some additional work required that is less than traditional colleges to graduate with a degree from one of them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) Jonathan Whatley 182 17,844 1 hour ago
Last Post: Bingbong
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB) ashkir 81 39,865 Yesterday, 04:44 PM
Last Post: xentium
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,318 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  (NA DEAC) Free tuition Master Degree Penny15 11 1,171 09-04-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 10 889 09-03-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Walden University CJ Master's dm.hans32 1 202 09-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 2 621 08-28-2024, 10:52 AM
  ENEB - exams MCDL 119 20,362 08-27-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  Help with ENEB David1477 11 2,150 08-27-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  ENEB and Amazon akr680 6 601 08-26-2024, 06:09 PM