Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
TESU LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone Course
#52
(12-03-2018, 11:17 AM)davewill Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 01:30 AM)Supermind Wrote: What is the ETS proficiency profile? Could you share some details? How much does it cost?

It has nothing to do with the course and is just for the university's self evaluation purposes. I find it outrageous that they dock your grade if you don't take it. I admit I got angry at having to take it, and put minimal effort into it, just checking an answer if it was immediately obvious, and totally guessing if it wasn't. All I cared about was not having them dock points and spending the minimum time.

I saw it as a free 5% towards my grade (5% less I have to worry about for a good grade) not as docking my grade for not taking it. It's mandatory either way, so I'm not sure why it would make someone angry. They could have just made it required without giving you anything for doing it (like they do in the GS version), but I assume the point in making it worth a small part of your grade is to encourage people to take it seriously rather than just rush through it and pick random stuff.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: TESU LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone Course - by Merlin - 12-03-2018, 11:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question The Final Frontier: Capstone LIB-4970 or LIB-4950 for BACS and TESU's Recent Changes animuscerebri 24 11,126 10-01-2026, 08:17 PM
Last Post: justsomeguy
  UK-based, 25yr IT pro, planning TESU BS Cybersecurity — plan sanity check smilingbuddha 4 1,628 09-26-2026, 12:31 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  TESU BACS Interested justsomeguy 3 483 09-21-2026, 01:56 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Information TESU Introduces Accelerated Courses (4-week format) animuscerebri 25 5,505 09-21-2026, 01:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU BSAT APS 400, 401 402 Alts? EvilSandman 3 2,189 09-20-2026, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  TESU Bachelor Data Analytics after Statistics.com is gone homeschoolmom1 1 352 09-14-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  TESU Foreign Language BA resistk 13 5,492 09-09-2026, 10:46 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU Foreign Language B.A. -- degree planning help degreedude80 6 546 09-09-2026, 10:01 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU ILA to BA degree - apply now or wait? degreedude80 9 750 09-09-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Sunny21
Sad Help For TESU BACS DEGREE please Brothers help-0982 6 1,492 08-20-2026, 08:45 AM
Last Post: cheeseberserk

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)