Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UMPI Class Review Master Thread
Thanks, Kyle - I also forgot BUS 489 on my list. So, it's 14 minus whatever I can do this week on Study.com or through other methods. I will do all five of the Study.com ones if I can, but I doubt I can. I'm guesstimating I can do those two.

Calculus, even Sophia calculus, may not be better for me than MAT 140. My running joke is that the most advanced math class I have taken was called "Division: Multiplication's Tricky Pal." In reality, it was Mathematics of Finance, and before that, high school algebra.

@bjcheung, the speed definitely varies per person and situation, and it would be a mistake for anybody to list timing as a general rule that applies to everybody! Thanks for the reminder.
(06-25-2024, 02:48 PM)Kjnova Wrote: Thanks, Kyle - I also forgot BUS 489 on my list. So, it's 14 minus whatever I can do this week on Study.com or through other methods. I will do all five of the Study.com ones if I can, but I doubt I can. I'm guesstimating I can do those two.

Calculus, even Sophia calculus, may not be better for me than MAT 140. My running joke is that the most advanced math class I have taken was called "Division: Multiplication's Tricky Pal." In reality, it was Mathematics of Finance, and before that, high school algebra.

@bjcheung, the speed definitely varies per person and situation, and it would be a mistake for anybody to list timing as a general rule that applies to everybody! Thanks for the reminder.

Not a problem at all and totally understand about the Calculus. My wife happened to be a math major and really helped me out with the concepts, I am fortunate in that regard. I just wanted to make sure you knew it was an option! I'm going to send you a PM so we don't gunk this thread up
[-] The following 1 user Likes kyledudedog's post:
  • Kjnova
Name: BUS 200 Intermediate Business Computing
Subject: Business
Semester/Term: Summer 2024
Instructor: Bell
Long or Short?: Short
Number of Outcomes: 3? 
Number of Milestone Activities: 3
Type of Milestone Activities: Word document, excel spreadsheet, and powerpoint presentation
Type of Final Assessment: combination of these three things with some additional embellishments
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Overall and easy course, but a little tedious. The information is solid, but the approaches themselves can be outdated. Word isnt used like the milestones/final requires in the real world.

Name: BUS 244 - Management Information System
Instructor: Siddiqui
Long or Short?: Short/Medium
Number of Outcomes: 3
Number of Milestone Activities: 3
Type of Milestone Activities: 1000-2000 word essays on topics relating to management systems in the tech space
Type of Final Assessment: Longer essay answering some specific questions on an article and then some more general questions relating to how you would address the issues noted in the article
Notes & Overall Thoughts: While not a hard class, the information can be as in-depth as you want it to be. Overall fun. Siddiqui was very nice, with some canned responses and then additional personalized feedback. I had to email him once and then the advisor about a weird delay on my draft and final, but after the emails, he responded with the grade. About a week later, he came back with some very good feedback that he took a little while to write. I think he may have been busy before, but still.

Name: BUS 359 - IT Project Management
Instructor: Furst
Long or Short?: short/Medium
Number of Outcomes: 6  
Number of Milestone Activities: 5
Type of Milestone Activities: Short reflection word documents and sometimes longer essay style writing
Type of Final Assessment: combination of prior milestones and then a project plan with multiple parts
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Once again, an interesting class. It takes what you are learning and does a rather good job at having you apply it to a IT Project. The professor, director of IT at ums/umpi, feels not only involved, but knowledgeable about things you are learning and provides internal templates that they use in the facility for you to use.
[-] The following 2 users Like tdat314's post:
  • gamebradie, Pikachu
does anyone have feedback reviews, thoughts, for the UMPI educational EDU courses? EDU 305, EDU 210, EDU 357 , EDU 362, EDU 364, EDU 378
BUS 330 (Marketing Mgmt)-Currently taking it and I would say it's on the long side for FA2024

BUS 330 Marketing Management (Brighspace) fall 2024
Name: BUS 330 Marketing Management
Subject: Business/Marketing
Semester/Term: Fall Term 1 2024
Instructor: McDivitt
Long or Short?: Long
Number of Outcomes: 7 (if including intro and final then 9)
Adaptive Outcomes?: No
Number of Milestone Activities: 7 Documents
Type of Milestone Activities: 2 pages single spaced Memoradums (APA) about marketing plan. Half of the milestones will be part of the final with no or little modification
Type of Final Assessment: 12-15 pages (whatever spaced) marketing plan about a project, i.e the same as the milestones
Notes & Overall Thoughts: The topic is a common sense business one with enough sources from the class', no need for outside sources. The class is an easy one to get an A. Not a fast class thought. I've had a about 8-6hrs a day and I am almost midway in 3 days in....
[-] The following 1 user Likes manyoptions4me's post:
  • Pikachu
Name: BUS 231 Quality Management
Subject: Business
Semester/Term: Fall Term 2 2023
Instructor: Good
Long or Short?: Short
Number of Milestone Activities: 4
Type of Milestone Activities: 500-750 word paper on scenarios related to content 
Type of Final Assessment: Paper 1-1500 word paper where you analyzed a fictional company.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: The milestones are quick, but the final took me a few days. Great professor and I liked the class.

Name: BUS 200 Intermediate Business Computing
Semester/Term: Fall Term 2 2023
Instructor: Humphrey
Number of Milestone Activities: 3
Type of Milestone Activities: Word brochure, Excel, and PowerPoint
Type of Final Assessment: Make a Word brochure, excel analysis and powerpoint presentation on a topic.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Easy class where you learn to use word, excel and powerpoint.

Name: BUS 244 Management Information Systems
Semester/Term: Spring Term 1 2024
Instructor: Siddiqui
Type of Milestone Activities: medium length papers
Type of Final Assessment: A paper where you answer 10-12 questions related to scenarios.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Easy if you have a basic understanding on how to use information technology in relation to business.

Name: MAT 140 Mathematics for Business
Subject: Math
Instructor: Trudel
Number of Milestone Activities: 5
Type of Milestone Activities: 4-9 math questions
Type of Final Assessment: Powerpoint with voiceover answering payroll questions
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Easy class though some of the questions can be confusing. Professor was responsive.

Name: BUS 220 Manegerial Accounting
Instructor: Emery
Long or Short?: Medium
Type of Milestone Activities: Short papers and answering accounting question, creating and calculating budgets.
Type of Final Assessment: Aswer 14-15 accounting questions using excel and word.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: This was an interesting class as I dindn't have alot of accounting knowledge going in, it was straight forward. Make a list of all the formulas in the modules and things will be clearer. Stacey Amery was a great professor who graded everything within 24 hours (even the draft final and final)

Name: BUS 323 Fundamentals of Supply Chain and Logistics
Instructor: Good
Number of Milestone Activities: 7
Type of Milestone Activities: 3-5 questions 
Type of Final Assessment: 4-5 page APA paper on a supply plan.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Professor was responsive and graded on time, class was straightforward.

Name: BUS 240 Change Management
Semester/Term: Spring Term 2 2024
Instructor: Richards
Type of Milestone Activities: 1-2 page APA papers   
Type of Final Assessment: 4-5 page APA paper on a change management plan.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: It was a good class and everything builds up for the final.

Name: BUS 440 Business Analytics
Instructor: Winslow
Type of Milestone Activities: 1-2 page APA papers   
Type of Final Assessment: 2000-3000 word APA paper on a change management plan.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: I was expecting some excel or data analysis but it was all writing and analysis was more qualitative than quantitative. It was a quick class.

Name: BUS 363 Sourcing Analysis
Instructor: Michaud
Number of Milestone Activities: 4-6
Type of Milestone Activities: 2 voice over powerpoint, 2 infographics, 2 short answer papers.   
Type of Final Assessment: 5-7 pages APA paper.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Quick grading and straight forward.

Name: BUS 218 Materials and Inventory Management 
Instructor: Nonken
Long or Short?: medium
Type of Milestone Activities: 1 paper, 1 infographic, 2 voice over powerpoint.   
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Professor is responsive and provides a lot of notes on feedback.

Name: BUS 412 Supplier Relationship Management 
Instructor: Curran
Type of Milestone Activities: 4-8 page APA papers.   
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Graded quickly and was an interesting class.

Name: BUS 325 Financial Management 
Semester/Term: Summer Term 1 2024
Number of Milestone Activities: 7
Type of Milestone Activities: 3 voiceover powerpoint, 1 infographic, 1 excel, 2 papers.   
Type of Final Assessment: Voice over powerpoint answering case study.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: tough class for me but professor Graded quickly, do the draft and you'll be fine.

Name: BUS 469 Strategic Professional Communication
Semester/Term: Summer Term 1 2024
Instructor: Lynds
Type of Milestone Activities: short answer question.   
Type of Final Assessment: 5-7 pages APA paper, powerpoint, video recording of you giving speech.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Great class, once you do the paper the rest is straight forward, Professor was very helpful and attentive.

Name: BUS 452 Channel Management
Semester/Term: Summer Term 2 2024
Instructor: Curran
Type of Milestone Activities: papers.   
Type of Final Assessment: voiceover powerpoint based on the papers to put everything together.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: great class, Professor was quickon grading.

Name: BUS 415 Operations Management
Semester/Term: Summer Term 2 2024
Type of Milestone Activities: 2-3 page papers.   
Type of Final Assessment: 7-8 pages APA paper.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: hard class but everything builds up
[-] The following 3 users Like psychcs's post:
  • gamebradie, Pikachu, somoforlife
Hi everyone, I have a question. I matriculated into UMPI YourPace this fall, and my credit report and degree plan were just posted a few days ago. For my degree, I need courses like BUS 240, BUS 343, BUS 469, and BUS 440, but the next available term for them is spring. I’ve already transferred 90 credits from Sophia and another college, and I still need at least 10 courses. Does this mean it’s not possible to graduate in one term? Will these courses be available sooner, or is fall just a bad time for this? I haven’t heard from my advisor yet since the report is new, but I’m wondering if anyone has any insight. Thank you!
(10-14-2024, 08:45 AM)Konny08 Wrote: Hi everyone, I have a question. I matriculated into UMPI YourPace this fall, and my credit report and degree plan were just posted a few days ago. For my degree, I need courses like BUS 240, BUS 343, BUS 469, and BUS 440, but the next available term for them is spring. I’ve already transferred 90 credits from Sophia and another college, and I still need at least 10 courses. Does this mean it’s not possible to graduate in one term? Will these courses be available sooner, or is fall just a bad time for this? I haven’t heard from my advisor yet since the report is new, but I’m wondering if anyone has any insight. Thank you!

YourPace courses are offered every term. Sounds like you're looking at MaineStreet. The class schedule on there is for on campus students. YourPace courses aren't in MaineStreet. You can't register yourself. Your academic success coach will work with you on you first 2 classes. Then Once the term begins you'll receive an email to your maine.edu account with instructions on how to add classes.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, Konny08
(10-14-2024, 09:45 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-14-2024, 08:45 AM)Konny08 Wrote: Hi everyone, I have a question. I matriculated into UMPI YourPace this fall, and my credit report and degree plan were just posted a few days ago. For my degree, I need courses like BUS 240, BUS 343, BUS 469, and BUS 440, but the next available term for them is spring. I’ve already transferred 90 credits from Sophia and another college, and I still need at least 10 courses. Does this mean it’s not possible to graduate in one term? Will these courses be available sooner, or is fall just a bad time for this? I haven’t heard from my advisor yet since the report is new, but I’m wondering if anyone has any insight. Thank you!

YourPace courses are offered every term. Sounds like you're looking at MaineStreet. The class schedule on there is for on campus students. YourPace courses aren't in MaineStreet. You can't register yourself. Your academic success coach will work with you on you first 2 classes. Then Once the term begins you'll receive an email to your maine.edu account with instructions on how to add classes.

Thank you for your quick response, I didn’t know all that!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread bjcheung77 33 4,623 3 hours ago
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 5 190 Yesterday, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Personal Progress Thread DavidGood 24 1,308 10-14-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Samhain408
  UMPI Accounting Assistance - Degree Plan NewbieLearner 17 1,185 10-10-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: NewbieLearner
  Any BUS class to add before the term ends? seven9781 7 265 10-09-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  7 Bus & Psy Courses Left - UMPI vs study.com??? radicallena 7 445 10-07-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question regarding UMPI BAS to MAOL Hackingat40 5 401 10-02-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  UMPI GPA Question joshua27 8 2,254 09-28-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI Plan and Progress AirborneAgent 26 2,188 09-27-2024, 03:10 PM
  UMPI Courses With Test klone 1 297 09-27-2024, 09:24 AM